What's new

Pakistan can not sell JF-17: China

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a word: no.

The FC-1s my country were looking into for instance were in fact to be manufactured in China, not Pakistan. Although if I'm not mistaken, Pakistan gets a 50% share of the profit for sales.

I dont believe that part too. If I am not mistaken most of the JF-17 acquisitions themselves were through soft loans extended by China..if thats the case how would they get a share of the profits..? I mean why would anyone take a loan to buy something that is essentially theirs..

The FC-1s my country were looking into for instance were in fact to be manufactured in China, not Pakistan. Although if I'm not mistaken, Pakistan gets a 50% share of the profit for sales.

As said by Oscar sir earlier, it doesn't matter if JF-17s are made in Pakistan or China, the thing is that for engine export both need permission of Russia until Chinese engines power FC-1s.

Pakistan gets a 50% profit b'coz it was a 50-50 JV project b/w China & Pak.

Marketing/promotional activities does not mean Pakistan can manufacture JF-17s for other countries. And besides, would Pakistan be able to handle large-scale orders so much to compromise for its own use? I doubt it.

There are limitations here.

It's way too early for Pakistan to export them directly.

Going by the low interest soft loans and near write off's or trade offs that China offers or will offer to by their fighters to these countries and also the low numbers - Pakistan will have to wait a while to get their 50% of sales profits.

Well evidently that was for nothing. Unless China clarifies or PAC sucessfully signs a deal with another country, what was mentioned in the OP would be deemed true.

My reply was in your comparison with the MKI......the PAC can and has put it up for market, can India do the same with MKI.
As for successful signing a deal....even the likes of Rafael is still waiting on a conclusion...however here's a link.

Sri-Lanka; AF orders JF-17 fighters, Mi-17 Helicopters

My reply was in your comparison with the MKI......the PAC can and has put it up for market, can India do the same with MKI.

I said that might have been a part of the contractual obligation in-lieu of China extending soft loans for the fighter acquisition..

If I am not mistaken they signed the deal with China and not with Pakistan. So essentially, just like Bangladesh, they are going for customized version of FC-1.

I dont believe that part too. If I am not mistaken most of the JF-17 acquisitions themselves were through soft loans extended by China..if thats the case how would they get a share of the profits..? I mean why would anyone take a loan to buy something that is essentially theirs..
:lol:
Dude yr just embarrassing yrself here, Do some research before opening yr mouth!!!
Visit JF-17 information pool.

The Chinese government did not agree with a proposal from Pakistan for selling JF-17 multi-purpose fighter planes produced by Pakistan and China jointly. Pakistan has received offers for the sale of the planes about four times more than what these planes cost Pakistan. The Chinese have asked Pakistan not to sell the planes before the expiry of 10 years of the production of the same.
This report seems to be utter rubbish and probably misinterpreted by the journalist who wrote it. The fact is that China hopes to sell up to 300 Chengdu/Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) JF-17 Thunder fighters to Africa and the Middle East over the next five years.

This target was revealed by a spokesman from China National Aero-Technology Import & Export Corporation (CATIC), the country's military aircraft export agency, to Flightglobal magazine recently.

According to industry sources in Pakistan familiar with the JF-17 programme, joint Chinese/Pakistan sales efforts have made considerable progress following the type's appearance at the Dubai air show in November 2011. CATIC and PAC mounted a major sales effort at Dubai, bringing three Pakistan air force JF-17s to the show. One example was on display in the static area, while another performed in the flying display - the third was a back-up aircraft. At the show, representatives stressed what they view as the JF-17's "capability at affordable cost".

The industry sources stress that marketing efforts for the type are shared equally between China and Pakistan. While they declined to provide a target number of orders, they did say that discussions are underway with eight or nine countries.

More here...CATIC targets 300 JF-17 sales in five years

Pakistan is not exporting them in the first place, the Joint Fighter -17 is developed by both Pakistan and China.. hence any sale has to be authorized by both parties.
Now, if the aircraft being sold is using the RD-93 then there will have to be a clearance by the Russian Government for sale of the engine to a third party. However if it is sold with a Chinese engine then no clearance is required.
Sir just one question does this also means Chinese will need clearance from Pakistan to sell ''FC-1''.....

Sir, when will JF-17s with Chinese WS-13 engines will be in production??

+ Are the Production capacity of JF-17s large enough to cater to export demand after meeting the PAFs demand??

They will be in production only if there are further orders after the initial 150 for the PAF. These aircraft are to be powered by RD-93's if which 100 have already been delivered and the other 60-80 engines(including spares) will be delivered within the next two to three years.

The PAF has no intentions of purchasing more than 150 JF-17's for now as it meets its current budgeted force levels.
Exports will follow only after the bolded condition holds true.

JFT from start was a jv..and pakistan is involved in this from start...apart from this paf is already pushing jft for export

while mki is just a modification of su 30 for IAF..india can't export mki..and even if the same variant is exported by russia..they wont get any profit

while in JFT case..we will get the profit as well as our permission is necessary

:lol:
Dude yr just embarrassing yrself here, Do some research before opening yr mouth!!!
Visit JF-17 information pool.

You are welcome to prove me wrong. This is what I remember , some one can correct me if I am wrong.

What an insane thread it is!!
based on lies...
this thread should be closed...
it is just trolling platform and creating confusions..

What an insane thread it is!!
based on lies...
this thread should be closed...
it is just trolling platform and creating confusions..
so true i can't seem to comprehend what is big issue whether Pakistan sells or china sells why are these indians getting rattled up its their decision what to do why are they acting as troll fest :s

so somebody re-opened a ~2 year old thread just to complete his quota of trolling and ranting ....not only that he also succeeded in allowing others to fulfill their quota too

iTS VERY DIFFCULT TO EXPORT A PRODUCT YOU DONT MANUFACTURE YOURSELF.

JF17 is a PAF fighter assembled in Pakistan via parts imported via CHINA paid for via soft loans from china.

FC1 is the chinease name for the JF17 and that could be exported by the chinease since it was desiged by CAC in CHINA.

who gets profit if there is such a thing GOD KNOWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom