What's new

Pakistan can not sell JF-17: China

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are bhai koi JF-17 ki bhi baat kar lo. Bech sakte hain ki nahin ?

Okies. Thanks. :D
I don't think anybody except Pakistan wants to buy JFT's.
Though hoax reports like Zimbabwe will definitely buy it or Egypt will definitely buy it or Serbia will definitely buy it are emerging since 2008.

The latest hoax in this case is SL will buy JFT's.

EVEN CHINA DOES NOT BUY JF-17.

I don't think anybody except Pakistan wants to buy JFT's.
Though hoax reports like Zimbabwe will definitely buy it or Egypt will definitely buy it or Serbia will definitely buy it are emerging since 2008.
The latest hoax in this case is SL will buy JFT's.
EVEN CHINA DOES NOT BUY JF-17.
China doesn't buy JF-17 because it doesn't fit their doctrine. They need long range planes because of their size and they will be replacing old fleet with J-10, J-11, etc. which are much more capable.

Are bhai koi JF-17 ki bhi baat kar lo. Bech sakte hain ki nahin ?

Abey tu yahaan kya kar raha hai?? yeh Defence/Tehnical thread hai :P

@Topic, I think as long as JF-17 contains Russian RD-93 engines, Pakistan cannot export them since Russia only agreed a resale from China to Pakistan, @Oscar sir correct me if wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Abey tu yahaan kya kar raha hai?? yeh Defence/Tehnical thread hai :P

@Topic, I think as long as JF-17 contains Russian RD-93 engines, Pakistan cannot export them since Russia only agreed a resale from China to Pakistan, @Oscar sir correct me if wrong.

Pakistan is not exporting them in the first place, the Joint Fighter -17 is developed by both Pakistan and China.. hence any sale has to be authorized by both parties.
Now, if the aircraft being sold is using the RD-93 then there will have to be a clearance by the Russian Government for sale of the engine to a third party. However if it is sold with a Chinese engine then no clearance is required.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pakistan is not exporting them in the first place, the Joint Fighter -17 is developed by both Pakistan and China.. hence any sale has to be authorized by both parties.
Now, if the aircraft being sold is using the RD-93 then there will have to be a clearance by the Russian Government for sale of the engine to a third party. However if it is sold with a Chinese engine then no clearance is required.

Sir, when will JF-17s with Chinese WS-13 engines will be in production??

+ Are the Production capacity of JF-17s large enough to cater to export demand after meeting the PAFs demand??

People here do not even know the meaning of a JV and such use that term so freely. A JV in any development is not a automatic 50/50 or does not have to result in a profit sharing agreement. A JV can be production only JV or can be research JV etc etc, there are hundreds if not thousands of types of JV's in the world. A JV in one module does not mean a JV in everything else. Just because Pakistan like to attach the term JV to everything does not mean that China will give you the rights to treat the JF-17 like your own aircraft. Pakistan has production rights but cannot market the product or indulge in sales regardless of the amount of patents it owns. No where has China mentioned that orders will be shared or the sales proceeds. The sales proceeds will be alloted in accordance of the production contracts set in the MSOW which China holds. China owns the SEA and the PA, therefore Pakistan can only do what China authorizes it to. If you can prove to me who owns the masters agreements then please reply back, otherwise whatever you say makes no difference, the truth is obvious, just bitter to swallow.

It looks to me you are the one who do not know what a JV means. A vast majority of JV deals should include a profit sharing clause on sale of JV products! I dont believe the Pakistani authority who entered into the JV agreement with us did not consider the profit sharing clause professionally. They are not some sloppy indian negotiators who enter into arms sales contracts. without due consideration! How is your Gorschkov refit doing?

:what: was with PAF taking this jet to all shows and displaying and marketing it to everyone? and for the life of me why doesn't China use it's highly successful WS engines to power the JF 17? is it because of fears that it's secrets will be revealed, or that it may get bench marked with other engines with REAL data this time around?

:what: was with PAF taking this jet to all shows and displaying and marketing it to everyone? and for the life of me why doesn't China use it's highly successful WS engines to power the JF 17? is it because of fears that it's secrets will be revealed, or that it may get bench marked with other engines with REAL data this time around?

a somple sensible person would know that PAF is marketing a product worldwide for last 3 years because they want to sell it. If PAF wasn't allowed to export it why the hell they would spend millions on marketing and showcasing the aircrafts at several airshows? JFT has been to atleast half a dozen airshows after it entered PAF service. but the problem is indians intentionally act like idiots and deny the facts, just because it relates to pakistan. also the news of SL buying 6 JFTs came up from SL defence ministry and a SL newspaper reported it. but just because it is related to pakistan in a positive sense indian cann't digest it. goes to show the indian mentality about Pakistan.

a somple sensible person would know that PAF is marketing a product worldwide for last 3 years because they want to sell it. If PAF wasn't allowed to export it why the hell they would spend millions on marketing and showcasing the aircrafts at several airshows? JFT has been to atleast half a dozen airshows after it entered PAF service. but the problem is indians intentionally act like idiots and deny the facts, just because it relates to pakistan. also the news of SL buying 6 JFTs came up from SL defence ministry and a SL newspaper reported it. but just because it is related to pakistan in a positive sense indian can't digest it. goes to show the indian mentality about Pakistan.

Going by the article in the OP, looks like Pakistan has wasted those millions, and I didn't see Pakistan offering JF17 to Sri Lanka - the Chinese did - and it goes to show that they intend to sell their version to them. But whatever, until Chinese clear their positions about allowing the export of JF 17 - you can live with your mentality.

JF-17 is essentially a chinese fighter customized for Pakistan with inputs from its airforce and then license built in Pakistan..something similar to the MKIs that are Russian jets customized for India and then license built in India.

Can India sell MKI to a third country ? Thats the situation vis-a-vis JF-17 & Pakistan.

JF-17 is essentially a chinese fighter customized for Pakistan with inputs from its airforce and then license built in Pakistan..something similar to the MKIs that are Russian jets customized for India and then license built in India.

Can India sell MKI to a third country ? Thats the situation vis-a-vis JF-17 & Pakistan.

The difference is.... Farnborough.....Dubai.... Zhouhi air-shows....where the JF-17 was displayed and marketed by PAF/PAC.

The difference is.... Farnborough.....Dubai.... Zhouhi air-shows....where the JF-17 was displayed and marketed by PAF/PAC.

Well evidently that was for nothing or it might have been a contractual obligation since it was Chinese soft loans that funded most of the JF-17 fighter acquisitions. Unless China clarifies or PAC sucessfully signs a deal with another country, what was mentioned in the OP would be deemed true.

In a word: no.

The FC-1s my country were looking into for instance were in fact to be manufactured in China, not Pakistan. Although if I'm not mistaken, Pakistan gets a 50% share of the profit for sales.

Marketing/promotional activities does not mean Pakistan can manufacture JF-17s for other countries. And besides, would Pakistan be able to handle large-scale orders so much to compromise for its own use? I doubt it.

There are limitations here.

It's way too early for Pakistan to export them directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom