What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

How many did we order ? or a order hasn't been placed yet since test are going on?

DIGIT-03199.jpg

AS550 C3 Fennec in Belgium. Equipment 20mm Gun Pod NEXTER ; Flir. (Photo: Eurocopter/Céline SIMONPAOLI)

DIGIT-03193.jpg

AS550 C3 Fennec, equipment CHMP 400 LCC Heavy Machine Pod Links and Cases Collector ; Flir. (Photo: eurocopter/Céline SIMONPAOLI)

CDPH-0533-090.JPG

AS550 C3 Fennec in Aix-en-Provence (France). (Photo: Eurocopter/Jérome DEULIN)

DIGIT-03909.JPG

AS550 C3 Fennec armed. (Photo: eurocopter/Anthony PECCHI)

I have a model of this, when the Eurocopter representatives came, they gave little memos and and all that. Will post a pic later.

These helis are a good substitute to old Jet Rangers for recce.

BTW, which group are these in? 404 or 202?

10 have been delivered - i lost due to attrition.

We "never" procured AS550 C3 Fennec. that deal was scrapped and a very senior officer got court martial-ed as result of that.
wt we did procure were the AS350 Ecureuil.
The difference between the two is that ecureuill is the unarmed version of fennec.
So PAA current fleet consists of AS350 Ecureuill helicopters. Of which one we lost recently

I think PAC should make some new facility to make Helicopters with Chinese in a JV like EH-101, Bell-412 and Bell-407 class but with new technology. Like: Counter rotating rotors and composites.

We "never" procured AS550 C3 Fennec. that deal was scrapped and a very senior officer got court martial-ed as result of that.
wt we did procure were the AS350 Ecureuil.
The difference between the two is that ecureuill is the unarmed version of fennec.
So PAA current fleet consists of AS350 Ecureuill helicopters. Of which one we lost recently

I agree that there was something fishy about the deal and AFM reported that PA did not liked or rejected this specific Version but Two or three days ago one of my Friend has spotted that JUNGLE CAMEO Ecureuil but had no Weapons carrying arms, though they are de-attachable, in Isl-Rwp.

aray bhai
10 Ecureuil and 6 Fennec's are in service with 1 attrition of the Ecureuil.

Where are the jungle camo's one based??

I repeat
as of right now "we have no fennecs in service".
and this info is not from some magazine, it is the ground reality that i have stated above.

Why does it have a FLIR above and not below? Any particular advantage? Is it to hide behind the tree-line or something like that?

Back
Top Bottom