What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

You have to say, these AW139's are really beautiful!!!

There is only one for VIP duties, others are SAR.

Right now if Pakistan Government approached Italian Government ordered these helicopters and built some them under licence from AugustaWestland, they are expensive, but with Euro crisis in Italy this would help Italian industries and be a great advantage right now for Pak army

My personal selection:

AgustaWestland AW101 -medium-lift helicopter replaces the Puma and MIs

AgustaWestland AW149 - medium-lift military helicopter - replaces all the Bells

AgustaWestland AW109

NHIndustries NH90- for Special forces and Combat Search and Rescue

A-129CBT Mangusta -replaces the Cobras

I keep saying invest in self reliance and we won't have to worry about sanctions.

Mi-17-1V Registration AP-BGX for Government of Punjab

Mi17_AP-BGX_2.jpg

This aircraft was in RUssia (Kazan probably), for maintenance/overhaul. Required after 1500 hours i think.

There was a little issue b/w Punjab and Federal, because this heli was in Russia for overhaul, the Punjab Govt. had no heli, and requested the federal government to hand them one, but they refused!

this is one of my favorite image

150190_444270788918413_138222492856579_1681555_1223849365_n.jpg
same as elephant walk
3.jpg

I think PAC has the ability to build helis like Lama which are much better than that and will be cheaper too. Just add some sensors and a SNIPER on board at read than we can do many things even in place like Siachin as well.[/QUOT]
i don't think so

Did we actually import this heli?
Its pretty small and i'm sure we can make it on our own....
yeh we import them in past
i even saw these heli in 2000 when i was student at qasim base aviation school

This aircraft was in RUssia (Kazan probably), for maintenance/overhaul. Required after 1500 hours i think.

There was a little issue b/w Punjab and Federal, because this heli was in Russia for overhaul, the Punjab Govt. had no heli, and requested the federal government to hand them one, but they refused!

I think MI-17 of Punjab govt. was purchased by the then provincial govt of Musharraf era, and all the expanses on maintenance are to be borne by Punjab govt. On the other hand, Fed govt does not have any private heli (registered with CAA), but they hav a squadron run By Army, therefore, no heli can be given by fed govt.

They didn't ask the federal government for borrowing, rather a lease from a third party, for which they had to get approval from the federal government, which they refused. The reason in public was that every province will ask for a lease in that case.

Sindh government has bought or in the process of buying a new executive jet, of absolutely no need. That is another topic though.

Pakistan Army Aviation got these AS550 C3 FENNEC. The last I know, the pilot and co-pilot in this video are in Pakistan for training purposes.

Isn't that our roundel?

Last edited by a moderator:
that test and trial failed when conducted by PAA.
So we never procured them in 09/10

Back
Top Bottom