What's new

Pakistan and Overbreeding...

in practice, i dont like the thought of abortion...

but to be honest with you, i would support abortion anyday over the alternative

what is the alternative?

just ask EDHI foundation.....how many times they found babies abandoned by mothers, some which were found in cold weather and were close to dying (if not already dead)

which is worse?

o bahi is duniya me jo bi ata he apna risk sat lata he

Nothing wrong with it. Family planning has never been properly cleared to people in pakistan. Few ads which only have singing and dancing in them will never work.
Ulema are not against family planning, it is just a misconception.

in practice, i dont like the thought of abortion...

but to be honest with you, i would support abortion anyday over the alternative

what is the alternative?

just ask EDHI foundation.....how many times they found babies abandoned by mothers, some which were found in cold weather and were close to dying (if not already dead)

which is worse?

Agreed
The problem is not with supporting or not supporting abortion, you can put up 100 good reasons which might support abortion but IMO this is something which is beyond ethics ,
Abortion has complexities and i cant imagine from which heart a person becomes willing to have one.
Alternatives such as use of condoms through open education should be encouraged.

Nothing wrong with it. Family planning has never been properly cleared to people in pakistan. Few ads which only have singing and dancing in them will never work.
Ulema are not against family planning, it is just a misconception.

so when will they stand up and take initiative?

i hate to generalize about them all, it's wrong. I'm sure there are some (perhaps more than we know about) who are for family planning and have an actual PLAN in mind

why dont they speak up?

so when will they stand up and take initiative?

i hate to generalize about them all, it's wrong. I'm sure there are some (perhaps more than we know about) who are for family planning and have an actual PLAN in mind

why dont they speak up?

Their part is just to let know people what is permissible and what is forbidden or what are the recommendations the rest is the job of the government who has failed us over the years in everything we can think of.

Pakistan doesn't have that problem, that's mostly done in Europe. If you're talking about cousins, well that's not inbreeding.

yes, technically it is inbreeding

even with your second-cousin, it's inbreeding

and it's wrong......the offspring inherit all the ''bad genes'' from one 'pool' (in absense of better terminology)

in fact, a lot of babies that are inbred end up having major birth defects or retardation

inbreeding should be totally banned in Pakistan......in fact, it's happening much less now than in the past (correct me if im wrong)

Overbreeding is a problem worldwide......

Not exactly. Europe and most of Russia are losing their population. Some countries like Sweden encourage couples to have sex by giving roses chocolates etc :P.

there was a scheme organized by Punjab government whereby female traffic police were distributing free condoms; not sure whether it's still going on or whether it is/was succesful or not

Back
Top Bottom