What's new

Pak Suzuki Motor backs liberalised trade with India

Just one question then

Who is the CEO of Hero-Honda?

There is no Hero-Honda now both Honda n Hero r separate entities. hero group has buy out 26% share of Honda in the JV way back in Dec2010..:)

LOL Kiddo then why didnt u gave this very special view to yr country when it was opening foreign investment in 92??

how will it make your assetion correct? Check CEO of Suzuki, Sony or Samsung group in India...
tell me what you deduce from that info...
Instread of making up stuff and being a laughing stock here, why dont you read from good business mags. CEO usually comes from bigger shareholder of a JV.

well , if this benefits both the countries than there is no reason to stay far.....

Stop BullShyting here...

1.There is no such restriction of 3 months for foreign companies in India.

2. The reason companies set up manufacturing plants is bcoz there is high duty on CKDs so to make their product competitive in comparision to local manufacturers they need local manufacturing.

3. 100% FDI is allowed in Auto Industry n for ur kind information both Suzuki n Honda now operate alone in India there is no JV.

4. Provide me a link for ur claim that if u can u :)

I will not like to share my links with u as most things r confidential for now.

But one thing is sure that on contrary to my popular trolling im not really that ordinary person. Most of yr MNC's CEOs know me very well.

But about yr first n 2nd point point.

Sure there r high duty on CKDs n still yr policy makers r content with it even when here is lot of pressure on them.

If u remember when last time we were discussing bureaucracy i said yr upper bureaucracy is better then Pakistans.
This was the reason for it.
Whatever they do it seems its the national interests that drives their policies n in our country its bribes n black money that drives them.

Yes he is an indian hence my answer to @hinduguy's post#22

@Umair Nawaz, auto components companies usually are set up by locals to supply to big companies. Why are pakistanis not setting up auto component farms to supply to suzuki or other car makers.
Market size depends on how many people buy specific product, market size for cars is different from market size for shampoo.
Even within cars, market size for luxury car is different. Many luxury cars are not made in India, as size is considered small.

One thing is certain, your knowledge regarding business is rather poor and you are trying to make up stuff. Try reading from good source, like business specific magazine or newspapers.
We did my friend we really did but the policies of upper bureaucracy didnt allowed them to settle down hence they had to stop their companies after having greater financial losses.

In any field u take the story will be same.

Last edited by a moderator:

And Chinese market is not Big enough again indian market?:lol:
Kid yr supper.

What I meant(obvious for thick brain like u to not understand) was tht the gap btw Indian & Chinese market is not as big compared to market gap btw India & Pak or India & SL. Go figure...

Now Pakistan.

Do u know what is the size of Pakistan?
How much population we have here?
What is the population growth rate?
Even with WOT we have atleast 200 milion people.
We r 5th-6th largest nation in the world.

Our standards cant be compared with Afg, Iran, SL, Nepal, BD.

Entire population of CARS is less then of pak even u can add afganistan.

Ever heard of a country named Nigeria ? a country with population of 170 m. GDP(nominal) more than u, per capita more than u. So ? Renault & Honda will rush to Nigeria to set up their plants there ? we r talking abt auto manufacturing plants not some soaps or hair gel factories. gotcha ?

Sheer size matters nothing when there is no market potential in a certain sector or market ain't mature enough for companies to heavily invest in certain areas. When there is demand in market, it automatically attracts investors and when such market is of size like India or China it acts like 'sone pe suhaga'.

Going by yr logic so why Saudis have plans in Dammam?
The whole items of proctal and gamble r manufactured there!!

Even the head n Shoulder shampoo bottles come from there to my country n Entire GCC countries+ Rest of ME states.

Weren't we talking abt auto sector ?

India may export to small countries its exports but in Pak its not practical as this is herself a Big country with a big consuming market.

For tht, auto market in ur country needs to grow at drastic pace which it ain't. Had it been, big companies would have been rushing to Pak. McDs & KFC run in Pakistan bcz there is demand for their food, Ford & Nissan ain't bcz they don't deem ur market fit enough yet to pour money in.

Just one question then

There is no more Hero-Honda now. Both companies have parted ways an year back.

Suzuki closed shop in North America. I guess they want to focus on Asian market.

But one thing is sure that on contrary to my popular trolling im not really that ordinary person. Most of yr MNC's CEOs know me very well.

Such things can't remain confidential they r well written in Bold Letter in the Law or Act which governs them.
I m not some kid who is posting BS here n there, i m myself from the field of Finance n Law n i know very well what the law of my land says...:)

We all know you're special. It takes a special kind of illiterate with special kind of half knowledge to barf the kind of BS you've been throwing around in here.

Are you saying you know major Indian CEO's because you send them same troll posts you post here ?.....because let me tell you, most of them employ a PA to filter out the scum.

What I meant(obvious for thick brain like u to not understand) was tht the gap btw Indian & Chinese market is not as big compared to market gap btw India & Pak or India & SL. Go figure...

Ever heard of a country named Nigeria ? a country with population of 170 m. GDP(nominal) more than u, per capita more than u. So ? Renault & Honda will rush to Nigeria to set up their plants there ? we r talking abt auto manufacturing plants not some soaps or hair gel factories. gotcha ?

Sheer size matters nothing when there is no market potential in a certain sector or market ain't mature enough for companies to heavily invest in certain areas. When there is demand in market, it automatically attracts investors and when such market is of size like India or China it acts like 'sone pe suhaga'.

Weren't we talking abt auto sector ?

For tht, auto market in ur country needs to grow at drastic pace which it ain't. Had it been, big companies would have been rushing to Pak. McDs & KFC run in Pakistan bcz there is demand for their food, Ford & Nissan ain't bcz they don't deem ur market fit enough yet to pour money in.

There is no more Hero-Honda now. Both companies have parted ways an year back.

1) I think yr living in a delusion.
India and China: Friend, enemy, rival, investor | The Economist

In the above report the editor is talking about generally what is the gap b/w two countries including many factors.
Its not specifically abt cars but he is generally drawing comparison b/w economies.

2) sure kid i know nigeria n do u even know what is its GDP?
Its close to 22 billion.Its the africa's one of biggest oil producer, Its one of the biggest countries in africa when we talk abt economy but on the other hand is one of the most poorer nations in africa.

Reason why u know?
Its Those corrupt politicians there the exact problem in Pak too. Do u even know we r those who had signed a pact with iran in 65 war that u give us aircrafts n we will not extract oil from fields of Baluchistan for next 100 years:rofl: Thats Ayub Khan for u.
And today iran is the 4th largest oil exporter because the crust with in the earth in Baluchistan-Sistan( Irani province that bounds with Baluchistan) is sloppy inwards to Baluchistan. So the oil of sistan even is beneath Baluchistan specially areas close to border.and iranis r extracting it out of their own will.

This is just one of many political n bureaucratic blunders for u from Pakistan.

And if u think that our market is not potent enough?
Its yr dream.Pakistan has become one of Asia's fastest growing economies

Up to 2008 we were growing with tremendous pace under Mushy but since then WOT has taken its toll n we r now in loss.

And even if there is not good enough vs india then u were also not in this position in 92 but since 20 years onwards u r now.
As they say success come from her actual path n there is no short cut for her.

We will have to make our own infrastructure for that as we dont have anyother choice if we want to stay on our own feet. As FDI cant be trusted in this region.

3) Im talking in the general sense automobile+ other goods.

4)Agreed. n we hope once we make our policies in right direction with leaders who have Quomi Soach then its not impossible.

As it is said slow n study wins the race.

here is video explaining why Pakistan auto industry is in such sorry state :)

Suzuki closed shop in North America. I guess they want to focus on Asian market.

I guess because North American market is too competitive and Suzuki hasn't not any neat product in higher segment (big car segment that Americans normally buy).

I haven't seen a Suzuki car and I have been here for 2 years.

Yr country has very strict policies when it comes investment in india.

3) No country is allowed to do business for more then 20 years in india. If their business is well settled domestically then they r asked to do a joint venture with local companies. Like honda has done with Hero group.

from where you got such info? its not true

@agamdilawari we get this shyti thing for 6,52000/-...and this thing is called Mehran VXR Euro II I wonder why is it called Euro:woot:

suzuki-mehran-2012-1479272.jpg

I think there is nothing wrong in doing business with your neighbor...One of the best examples is China-India business model...clearly our local companies are not delivering both Toyota and Suzuki are releasing third class products. If a company is established by india if they earn and pay taxes to the Pakistan government then why not customers would be satisfied, government would earn.

Back
Top Bottom