What's new

‘Pained’ to learn that Manmohan did not vote: Modi

HELLO EVERYONE WHO WERE MAKING TALL STATEMENTS YESTERDAY THAT PM WAS DOING HIS DUTY AND WAS IN CHINA, THATS WHY HE DIDNT CAST HIS VOTE, VOTING IN HIS CONSTITUENCY WAS IN 11th APRIL AND HE LEFT FOR CHINA IN 12th APRIL. "HE SHOULD HAVE VOTED..!"

A leader should lead by example i guess, now with what face he would urge people of india or kashmir to come out and vote if he itself is not voting..? shame.
You mean a PM visiting a foreign country to attend an international forum is like you backpacking from bedroom to drawing room? OK. Point noted.

Yaar teri koi dost ho to meri baat chala...... :lol:

I reallly want my wife to cook good....even I am thinking to marry a good female cook if I can find one.... :)

Well i have heard a lot of time that for most boys its not love at first sight, its love at first "BITE"..

Don't know if this has been corrected, but either Modi was misled or is deliberately misleading people. Either way he should clarify and apologise if needed.

Manmohan Singh voted through postal ballot before leaving for China. So no, he did not forget his duty as a citizen to vote.

Manmohan Singh casts his vote through Postal ballot - Economic Times

GUWAHATI: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday cast his vote through a postal ballot in the second and final phase of Assembly polls in Assam. His absence disappointed voters at the Dispur Government Higher Secondary School where he has voted in the past.

Mamohan Singh is a voter in the Dispur Assembly seat in which Akon Bora is the Congress party's candidate. The Prime Minister is a Rajya Sabha MP from Assam since 1991 and has a rented accommodation near the state secretariat in Guwahati that is shown as his home address in the records.

An election official said Manmohan Singh and his wife Gursharan Kaur cast their votes through postal ballots as the Prime Minister, who embarks on a five-day visit to China and Kazakhstan on Tuesday, had other engagements.

Don't know if this has been corrected, but either Modi was misled or is deliberately misleading people. Either way he should clarify and apologise if needed.

Manmohan Singh voted through postal ballot before leaving for China. So no, he did not forget his duty as a citizen to vote.

Manmohan Singh casts his vote through Postal ballot - Economic Times

GUWAHATI: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday cast his vote through a postal ballot in the second and final phase of Assembly polls in Assam. His absence disappointed voters at the Dispur Government Higher Secondary School where he has voted in the past.

Mamohan Singh is a voter in the Dispur Assembly seat in which Akon Bora is the Congress party's candidate. The Prime Minister is a Rajya Sabha MP from Assam since 1991 and has a rented accommodation near the state secretariat in Guwahati that is shown as his home address in the records.

An election official said Manmohan Singh and his wife Gursharan Kaur cast their votes through postal ballots as the Prime Minister, who embarks on a five-day visit to China and Kazakhstan on Tuesday, had other engagements.
So finally some relief for Modiji, me & swatiji...

Everything about this is bogus. Not going into the logistical angle of how compulsory voting shall be ensured in a country of 1.21 billion when Govt can't even reach out to all its citizens on much important issues, the idea of having a null vote in a compulsory voting system is just a travesty of the the entire system. Whats the point of dragging an unwilling voter all the way to the booth only to obtain his null vote, when under the current system he can just stay home and not vote, effectively doing the same thing as null voting? Whats the point of forcing a person to vote, just for the sake of voting?

You want maximum turnout on voting day? Increase consciousness. Making voting mandatory is stealing my right not to vote at all.

sorry but u r confusing negative vote with null vote. negative vote is actually a boon. if each politican party has choosen some corrupt or criminal candidate or a non deserving candidate, u can cast negative vote there, and if the negative voter r above a certain minimum level, the parties would b made to change their candidates.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom