What's new

PAF Exercise High Mark - 2010

PAF starts High Mark-2010 excercise

ISLAMABAD, March 15 (APP):- Pakistan Air Force (PAF) on Monday launched country-wide Exercise “High Mark-2010” when Chief of the Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman, disseminated the Air Tasking Orders (ATO) to all PAF Units.

The area of exercise would cover the entire country from Skardu in the North till Arabian Sea in the South. The exercise will include joint operations with extensive participation from Pakistan Army and Pakistan Navy that would further enhance joint operations, integration and cooperation amongst the three services.

High Mark-2010 is aimed at conducting operations in near-realistic tactical environment while integrating new inductions and providing role-oriented training to combat and support elements of PAF. The exercise is designed to achieve stipulated objectives with special emphasis on exposing PAF combat crew to simulated air battles based on contemporary concepts.

All the Main Operating Bases and Forward Operating Bases are participating in the exercise.

New inductions like JF-17 Thunder aircraft and force multipliers like Saab-2000 Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEW&C) aircraft and Air-to-Air Refueller aircraft are participating in the exercise for the first time.

Exercise High Mark is PAF’s biggest operational event that is being conducted after a pause of five years. The ever changing geo-political environment in the region demands change in the employment concepts and doctrinal changes in the application of air power with emphasis on joint operations.

The Exercise would provide PAF an opportunity to validate the concepts that are vital in the overall defence of the country.

PAF launches ‘High Mark-2010’ to enhance operations
Staff Report

ISLAMABAD: The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) on Monday launched its countrywide exercise ‘High Mark-2010’ to enhance its multilevel operational capacity to conduct operations in varying conditions.

A PAF statement said, “High Mark-2010 is aimed at conducting operations in near-realistic tactical environment while integrating new inductions and providing role-oriented training to combat and support elements of the PAF.”

It said Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman has disseminated the Air Tasking Orders (ATO) to all PAF units to give a green signal for the start of the exercise. The exercise would be held over the entire area of the country from Skardu to the Arabian Sea and it would include joint operations with the Pakistan Army and the Pakistan Navy to further enhance joint operations, integration and cooperation amongst armed forces.

The exercise is designed to achieve stipulated objectives with special emphasis on exposing PAF combat crew to simulated air battles based on contemporary concepts. New inductions such as the JF-17 Thunder aircraft and force multipliers such as Saab-2000 Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEW&C) aircraft and Air-to-Air Refueller aircraft would be available during the exercise. This exercise would be PAF’s biggest operational event in five years.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

what about SD-10 do pakistan air force using this missile in the exercises

Well its induction so far is disputed and not confirmed. So may be they are not used in the exercises, plus no idea on what it will have to be tested.

Well its induction so far is disputed and not confirmed. So may be they are not used in the exercises, plus no idea on what it will have to be tested.

apparantly the grifo-7 can handle the SD-10 if fitted in the mirages and the JF-17s

apparantly the grifo-7 can handle the SD-10 if fitted in the mirages and the JF-17s

I meant the target to fire at, as i don't believe we have big target drone to fire at, the smaller ones am not aware if can be tracked by the launching aircraft.

One question.

Is this excercise bigger than 'zarb-e-Momin" held at 1989 i guess?

One question.

Is this excercise bigger than 'zarb-e-Momin" held at 1989 i guess?

This is a PAF related exercise. Zarb e Momin was Army PAF combined and on a very large scale and ground troops were involved too.

This is PAF biggest exercise, in which coordination thing with ground troops and navy would be tested.

There would be no ground maneuvers by PA.

Last period will be jointly conducted by all three forces as i haved heard in news.

Sir i think you have pasted an Image in the first post ,i can't see it?:blink:

Back
Top Bottom