What's new

‘Padma’ latest Bangladesh Navy warship

stop ur bla bla.u intentionally misguiding members .4 mig 29 r now in BD , rest of 4 r abroad for maintenance.source -BDM n ATN news.
prothom alor khobor o apni ecsha krito vabe vul shepeshen.

maintenance cost of 8 mig 29 for 9yrs =222 cr tk
maintenance cost of 16 F-7 for 4 yrs =52 cr tk.

2.5 gen aircrafter sathe 4++ gen air crafter parthokkota nischoy vul korben na.

eProthomAlo

ami bhul chaapi nai :lol:

chhaira de re bhai...

oi link ta share korchi f7 er dam j mig29 er half eta dekhate ei post er answer e, now off ja
Why they bought F-7 for the same price of Migs???

8 units of Mig-29 had cost BD only $124 million or $15.5 million per piece. Was it not below even the then market price of these gems of the planes? But, there was a case of vengeance corruption case filed during the 2nd BNP govt against this purchase. I wonder why only a $15.5 million price tag should be challenged? BNP is similarly mean minded as the AL. Even Pakistan's JF-17, so appreciated by the PDF razakars, costs $20 million each. BAF did one big mistake by not constructing a maintenace workshop for the migs. This is why it has to send the planes to Ukraine time to time for maintenance.

Real maintain cost of Mig -29
The much talked-about MIG-29 aircraft cost much less to maintain than it was previously thought. 8 MIG-29 aircraft cost just Tk.22.2 crores ($2.2 million) annually for maintenance as opposed to the published figure Tk.100 crores back in 2001. Low flying hours and wages for the airmen may be the reason for such low maintenance cost for MIG-29s.

It was under the impression that Bangladesh was going to buy a full squadron of aircraft for the air force, but the report below indicates that they are actually looking for 16 trainers for the force. May be the purchase of training aircraft is in addition to the purchase of one squadron of jet fighters to replace the obsolete A-5s, but the minister did not clarify it.

Tk 222cr spent for upkeep of MiG fighter jets
Planning minister tells JS

Staff Correspondent The government has spent Tk 222.49 crore for the maintenance of eight MiG-29 fighter jets since fiscal year 2000-01 and Tk 51 crore for 16 F-7 fighters since FY 2004-05.

Planning Minister Air Vice-Marshal (retd) AK Khandker said this yesterday in a question-answer session in parliament.

The MiG-29 planes were purchased from Russia at a cost of around $124 million in 1999 while the Chinese F-7 fighters cost around $129 million in 2004.

While replying to lawmakers' queries, the minister, also in charge of the defence ministry, said the government has already begun the process of purchasing another 16 training aircrafts for Bangladesh Air Force in the current and next financial year.

Awami League lawmaker Israfil Alam submitted a question to the defence ministry through the House asking for the dates of the coups and mutinies in the armed forces.

He also wanted to know who were responsible for those incidents.

The lawmaker then asked whether a list of the victims in the coups would be placed in parliament, and if the government has taken any step to rehabilitate their family members.

Khandker didn't give any detail about the coups and mutinies in Bangladesh armed forces in the years after the country's independence. He however said if necessary, a complete list of the incidents will be placed in the future.

He said various ministries had taken measures to punish the culprits and rehabilitate the victims' families.

No coup or mutiny has occurred in the navy since the country's independence, the minister said.

He however mentioned that on November 7, 1975, a section of naval officers took a stance against others in Khulna and Chittagong leaving one officer killed.

There was no instance of mutiny or coup in the air force after independence, excepting one incident on October 2, 1977, when some disgruntled air force men revolted and killed 11 officers and injured a few others, the minister said.

In $1.5B defence budget, bangladesh can easily maintain 16 Mig-29.they are not scrap and more advanced then FC-1.Bangladesh should upgrade them to smt version so that they will be able to carry R-77 BVR missile.

India has 69 Mig-29 smt.if the cost was too high ,they will not keep them in service.It was a false news that Bangladesh can't afford to maintain them.Bangladesh can easily maintain them in their limited budget.
Bangladesh Defence: Real maintain cost of Mig -29

Tk 222cr spent for upkeep of MiG fighter jets

one user is comparing 1998 price tag with 2013 price tag. Someone kill me again, i don't wanna live anymore!

Before some people along with a Japanese lunney start farting about the infamous Mig29 with rosy pictures, they should know that one of the major reasons why 6 of the 8 of those junks were grounded was because of huge maintenance cost. Die-hard extremist awami lunneys also admitted that. This is what happens when U buy arms without any technical or feasibility study & don't take our needs into consideration. This current deal with russian arms is also going in the same direction i am afraid.If U people want to cheerlead for those awami looters, this is their last term in power inshallah, so cheerlead to your hearts content.:cheers:

As for the no name Japanese lunney talking about Jf 17, the intellectually bankrupt over obsessed idiot should know that, Jf17 is based on PAK requirements as they R not blessed with awami policy makers. :undecided: If the moron thinks PAK policy & descision makers made a mistake, he should offer his magnanimous advice to them, otherwise shut his brainless blabbering. Bangladesh Navy warship thread has nothing to do with ******* and Jf 17.

ami bhul chaapi nai :lol:

chhaira de re bhai...

oi link ta share korchi f7 er dam j mig29 er half eta dekhate ei post er answer e, now off ja
And those MIGS were 2nd hand/old ones whereas F-7 BGs were the latest of F-7s, fresh from factory. I'VE talked to BAFFers to find out that their satisfaction with F-7s whilst they were agonized with the MIG junks. BTW, BAF's MIG's maintenance costs showed lower than others because most of the times those were grounded and had very little flying hours by BAF's pilots. And for the last time, IND brokered the deal to get a very good one for their MIG-29Ks.

Finally, we ended up getting junks that couldn't be upgraded to SMT's standard without deep structural modification whilst IND got the best of the NAVAL versions. IMO the same or even worse is gonna happen with the current deal as well.

one user is comparing 1998 price tag with 2013 price tag. Someone kill me again, i don't wanna live anymore!

The price of a mig was more than $20 million when bought in batches of 50 or more planes. But, BAF bought only 8 migs at $15.5million each. It was a discount price. Nevertheless, BKZ filed a suit against this purchase, but did not get any verdict in her favour. Check before you blame innocents by following the bad example of a greedy and thief BKZ, when she herself stole the entire amount of 12,000 crore Taka (minus administrative costs) earmarked for power generation. A single MW of power was not added in her 2nd term, but the money has vanished in the thin air.

Why is this thread becoming fight between political parties.. lol. And why cant you guys debate without getting personal.

Vaira MIG29 er jonno alada thread khola jai na??'Padma' er page e last 3 pata jure khali mig29 er kotha lekha!

Is it me who cannot see any gun mounted or BN employed stealth cannons and missiles? :undecided:

Congrats anyways !!

Is it me who cannot see any gun mounted or BN employed stealth cannons and missiles? :undecided:

Congrats anyways !!
you got east Asian eyes or something?
MGt8c3w.jpg

68834_335588326549288_536330334_n.jpg

Why is this thread becoming fight between political parties.. lol. And why cant you guys debate without getting personal.

some guys are only blaming one party, but the sane members are showing that both are equally ****. The personal insults are coming from the glorified people who think BNP and JAMAAT fell from heaven :lol:

Blaming both parties doesn't make you cool.Its truth that does matter. Idune opposed the purchase. So called cool people called him Raw agent for that. I showed 80% out of 5000 think like that. Then they moved to blame BNP ( to attack idune again ) ! I showed 90% of 4th generation fighter deal completed by BNP. then they took a u-turn and brough pdf razaakar Jf17! Funny people funny logic! Most probably these people use ' i hate politics' in their facebook profile and then vote what they call lesser evil and then cry about that next five years. Losers.

Back
Top Bottom