What's new

Osmania University beef festival sparks violence

Would like a Delhi walla to confirm, but from what I remember, the entire Jama masjid area is a foodie paradise and you can get anything there - bada, chota, chicken, fish, with a variety of really innovative dishes of the entrails and organs as well. Nothing gets wasted.

i go to chandni chowk regularly . love the food . never had any problems with my tummy . but yeah you get all food there any variety . especially the kebabs are to die for .

LOL..I heard its quite popular in TN.

It is not. People eat it thinking it is chicken biriyani where as it is actually kaka biriyani. If you watch the tamil movie "run" (the original of the hindi movie -run) there is a comedy portion mentioning this.

Beef is as healthy/unhealthy as any other red meat bro. And it is cheap in India because its mostly buffalo we get here.
Well all red meats are bad, but I hear that beef is the worst of the lot along with pork. i hear camel meat is good. i dont know much on these

It is not. People eat it thinking it is chicken biriyani where as it is actually kaka biriyani. If you watch the tamil movie "run" (the original of the hindi movie -run) there is a comedy portion mentioning this.

Millions of Chickens are needed for all those dishes in TN.

If it was "kaka" biriyani as you said. The bird would have been extinct by now, as there are thousands of Chicken farms but no "kaka" farms.

If ABVP has a strong presence in University, they could have prevented the 'Beef Festival' when it was announced itself.
They almost did it...and with the help of other student unions owing alliances to the communist and congress they managed to pull it off. The Biryani was ordered from a hotel. The organizers didnot dare to prepare in the campus.

Beef is a cheap unhealthy meat. some people find it tasty and juicy. good. i am vegetarian from birth and wouldnt know.
5 Rs kaka biriyani needs to be given to all

Beef is cheap in India as either it is the very old cow meat or buffalo meat. In US, a piece of steak is very expensive compared to chicken and if you go for Kobe beef, the price would be unaffordable. But as you said it is unhealthy as it is a red meat.

Beef is a cheap unhealthy meat. some people find it tasty and juicy. good. i am vegetarian from birth and wouldnt know.
5 Rs kaka biriyani needs to be given to all

Being a vegetarian or a non vegetarian is a personal preference.I myself am a vegetarian and all kind of meats appear dirty to me but meat eating is also an important requirement if optimum potential for food production is to be met.

Taboos regarding food inhibits the exploitation of animals which are reared for dairying or are raised as beast of burden or in case of pigs are used as scavengers.If no one eats meat then these animals are not used for flesh even when they are dying.

Beef and pork have added hygiene issues as they are usually infested with tapeworm.Unless one is sure of quality of pork or beef one should not eat it rare.

Well all red meats are bad, but I hear that beef is the worst of the lot along with pork. i hear camel meat is good. i dont know much on these

actually beef from a health point of view is better than pork as it contains almost no fat . its quiet lean . :)

Yeah red meats are not very good in the long run for your heart and blood vessels. Both also carry and transmit a number of parasites if not cooked properly.

one thing i dont like about non vegetarian food is that after eating the sweat and the gases release from behind are extremely foul smelling. if one is a vegetarian its not that bad.
i eat egg occasionally and the next morning it is much more foul smelling than usual.
Also I have worked in the US, and the people in the toilets after lunch have a vrey foul smelling release of gas in the restrooms.

beef actually clean...It depends on where you eat.

I am eating beef for about 20 years in kerala...but i would not eat beef in north india cos it will not be fast moving. Always eat from a fast moving joint..wont have any problems.

Yeah red meats are not very good in the long run for your heart and blood vessels. Both also carry and transmit a number of parasites if not cooked properly.
agree esp pork and tape worms are notoriuos. However I saw a pgm the other day where in rural China (again china) they eat a raw pork dish which is a specialty. some chinese member can throw more light

i hear that one of the best meats is turkey meat.. i also hear good things about camel

Back
Top Bottom