What's new

Options for PAF After India Selects Rafale for MMRCA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indications are that the French were the lower bidders, which further indicates that the Indian financial crises played its role.

What financial crisis??? We shortlisted two planes and then went for the lowest bidder...which is logical...From where did you bring in this financial crisis???

The amount of INR that it would have cost India has exponentially increased since the rupee devalued.

The dollar moved up to 54 and is now back to 49....So not sure what devaluation you are talking about...b/w talk in terms of real money and not nominal money(inflation adjusted amount...)

Moreover we still don't know if the Rafale can even take on the Su-30 MKI.
What does Rafael has to do with MKI???

Well I am sure these planes will do good once they join Indian airforce in 2020

my post was targeted towards the pakistanis....and honestly this point was raised a couple of times at the max....
Couple of times?? I don't think so...b/w what's the fun in raising same thing again and again especially when it has been debunked???...

yes when push comes to shove the rafales based in east will be used as per op requirements..but my point is that the technological disadvantage caused by the rafale to paf will be insignificant from a pak perspective because there was no equality to start with either...

Now you are making absurd comments...IN is no match for PLAN, so shall we stop worrying about it??? Keep in minf PAF doctrine is defensive and fighters complemeted with AWACS on the home turf can negate certain benefits that better planes provide...PAF has to be fool to ignore this new acquisition thinking that they are already dead....

when water goes above your head, it doesn't matter if its just an inch or a meter...its the same..

It does matter because when help comes it will take more time to rescue you if you are deep down vs just few inches...no???

"The Rafale has been selected thanks to the aircraft's competitive life-cycle costs, after the April 2011 pre-selection on the basis of its top-level operational performance. The negotiation of the contract will begin very soon and has the full support of the French authorities.

Throughout the selection process, the IAF said that the competition would be weighted towards the cheapest platform. The Rafale's selection, therefore, should not be regarded as being quite so unexpected.

Both those comments contradict each other. If IAF and GoI were to go for the 'cheapest' platform, Gripen NG and MiG-35 would beat any of the other contenders hands down.

IAf was first given the go ahead to short list the best platforms for its requirements. When the competition narrowed down to Rafale and Eurofighter - both very expensive platforms among the 6 contenders, it was then that MOD stepped in to select the lowest bidder - among those two. Rafale won.

I dont understand why people are making such a big deal about 'cheaper platform'?

Todays biggest weapon is gorilla warfare even US is scared of this form(with such technology)

You talking about this?
gorillafight.jpg

I don't think India's decision is a solid one either and I don't see any timetables being met as well (lets face it till now none were met as well).

Indications are that the French were the lower bidders, which further indicates that the Indian financial crises played its role. The amount of INR that it would have cost India has exponentially increased since the rupee devalued. Moreover we still don't know if the Rafale can even take on the Su-30 MKI

India's Defense Procurement Procedure (DPP) had two steps.

1. Technical qualifications - Find out which fighters meet IAF's 643 specifications the most. American, Russian and Swedish jets thrown out the window. Also, explain to the people thrown out, what specifications there fighters didn't meet.

2. Get the lowest bidder among the fighters down selected from step 1.

This makes the system transparent and removes any chances of corruption. That is why Indian DPP is so lengthy and time consuming.

As for India unable to afford it. Tthe $10.4 billion was sanctioned in 2007, this deal will be signed in the financial year 2012-13.

India's GDP was $1.25 trillion in 2007, India's GDP was 1.73 trillion in 2010-11. We will grow at 7-7.5% due to the slowdown this year, that means, considering worst case of 7% GDP growth, at the end of this year our GDP will be $1.85 trillion. Are you sure the value of $10 billion going to even $20 billion is a real big deal? :) Also, the cost will be spread over years anyway.

World Bank, World Development Indicators - Google Public Data Explorer

nice i leave yesterday thinking an informative thread now i come i see 19 pages and its become pakistan vs india cmon just congrats them and stick the topic options for paf which would be j10 and j20 but first remake the entire fleet with jf17 and to those who are saying they will not be used against pakistan tell me this if by some chance pakistan goes deep in and is near delhi you wont use them against pak army to kick them out in war you use everything....... and its not like with this purchase its decided we cant do anything we just have to be calm stick to the plan as the plan is the best we have get the fleet changed from us f16 to better jf17 and then go for j10 and so on slowly and steadily

Its ironical we are spending a whopping amount of $18billion(approx) and yet people are talking about cheap/financial crisis???
Every contestant praised the evaluation procedure of IAF. I don't think India made a shady deal to go for Rafale.

@topic- Every contestant praised the evaluation procedure of IAF. I don't think India made a shady deal to go for Rafale.

its fine its your defence needs you guys know better if you got the money go for it.

You talking about this?
gorillafight.jpg

LOL :rofl:
Guerrilla warfare is a form of irregular warfare and refers to conflicts in which a small group of combatants including, but not limited to, armed civilians (or "irregulars") use military tactics, such as ambushes, sabotage, raids, the element of surprise, and extraordinary mobility to harass a larger and less-mobile traditional army, or strike a vulnerable target, and withdraw almost immediately.
File:Kovpak_partisanki.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

File:Kovpak_partisanki.jpg

its fine its your defence needs you guys know better if you got the money go for it.
I don't understand why my countrymen are thinking that this deal will create a huge difference between IAF and PAF. It will occur with FGFA/AMCA coz PAF will be gaining enough capability to handle Super Sukhoi, MMRCA, LCA Mk II etc.

Now you are making absurd comments...IN is no match for PLAN, so shall we stop worrying about it??? Keep in minf PAF doctrine is defensive and fighters complemeted with AWACS on the home turf can negate certain benefits that better planes provide...PAF has to be fool to ignore this new acquisition thinking that they are already dead....

Absurd..?!

you are comparing airwar scenario on a land border with a ocean scenario thousands of miles away from each other bases..?

IN is no match for PLAN only on the other side of the malaccas..on this side...atleast now, IN can successfully thwart any attempt by PLAN...

yes PAF doctrine is defensive..but it doesnt mean much....what im saying is rafale will be a big deal only if the purchase of it tilts the balance of power towards iaf...but thats not the case...the balance of power is already lopsided in favour of iaf with upgradation of mirages, fulcrums and the presence of mkis along with our own AWACs...

its only on the eastern border will the presence of rafale make a crucial difference to our own defensive capabilities...

It does matter because when help comes it will take more time to rescue you if you are deep down vs just few inches...no???

oh well..that was a proverb....whose meaning was not be taken literally...but the basic point is it doesnt matter what paf does...the tech difference is too large and will only increase...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom