What's new

Operation Tirah Valley | News & Updates

massacre of who ?? plz provide links.

Massacre of civilians. What precautions have been taken to avoid civilian deaths? If each and every corner of tirah is getting bombarded then who is going to tell that target was taliban hideout or civilian hideout? And civilian doesnt mean women and childere, our faujis are going to shoot and bomb every man, and most of the men in khyber agency keep beard. Just because 23 soldiers got killed in initial assault, air force is employed to bomb the entire area before soldiers move into it? What is the moral and ethical justification for air strikes? Are they fighting in india? Is FATA part of india?....is this o.k from religous point of view?..soldiers are supposed to die in war, if these faujis are doing jihad, then why they are afraid of death and are employing cowardly air strikes on its own territoris? If they die then whats the big deal? They are going to become shaheed and go to jannat...are these patloon wearing colonial faujis are not sure that they are doing jihad?..tell me which thing is greater, to save their own lives or avoid collateral damage aka civilian deaths? @nuclearpak
This is why all the strikes are precise on targets, using JDAMs and LGBs instead of just bombing every corner of valley and saving the casualties at our side.
Saving the casualties at our side? You mean precious lives of faujis or worthless lives of civilians?

Last edited by a moderator:
Massacre of civilians. What precautions have been taken to avoid civilian deaths? If each and every corner of tirah is getting bombarded then who is going to tell that target was taliban hideout or civilian hideout? And civilian doesnt mean women and childere, our faujis are going to shoot and bomb every man, and most of the men in khyber agency keep beard. Just because 23 soldiers got killed in initial assault, air force is employed to bomb the entire area before soldiers move into it? What is the moral and ethical justification for air strikes? Are they fighting in india? Is FATA part of india?....is this o.k from religous point of view?..soldiers are supposed to die in war, if these faujis are doing jihad, then why they are afraid of death and are employing cowardly air strikes on its own territoris? If they die then whats the big deal? They are going to become shaheed and go to jannat...are these patloon wearing colonial faujis are not sure that they are doing jihad?..tell me which thing is greater, to save their own lives or avoid collateral damage aka civilian deaths? @nuclearpak

Saving the casualties at our side? You mean precious lives of faujis or worthless lives of civilians?

You should have been promoted to general just by that post alone... maybe before all that we could ask the Taliban to not hide with children in the house. Maybe your jihady feeling will kick in and you will run lead your men to come out in the open and stop hurting civilians.

It's like around in circles or talking to a wall!

But then again, you gotta counter the BS and put things straight.

Nope these are genuine concerns of a civilian..you people's imaan is Pak fauji and you guys blindly cheer for every thing they do but you people with military background fail to to realize what kichidi is becoming of civilians...there is huge gap between civilians and faujis even though faujis are from the same population, if taliban is mindset then fauji is also mindset...tell me what confidence building measures were ever taken by pak army regarding pakhtuns particularly tribals? (plz dont quote the percentage of pakhtuns in army), has army ever bothered what pakhtuns or balochs are thinking about pak fauj? Or they think they would sort out every thing with gun and use of force.

These air strikes are not happening in Pakistan proper (Punjab province), so nothing to worry about.

Nope these are genuine concerns of a civilian..you people's imaan is Pak fauji and you guys blindly cheer for every thing they do but you people with military background fail to to realize what kichidi is becoming of civilians...there is huge gap between civilians and faujis even though faujis are from the same population, if taliban is mindset then fauji is also mindset...tell me what confidence building measures were ever taken by pak army regarding pakhtuns particularly tribals? (plz dont quote the percentage of pakhtuns in army), has army ever bothered what pakhtuns or balochs are thinking about pak fauj? Or they think they would sort out every thing with gun and use of force.

Every Pakhtun isn't as ignorant as you.

Look at the previous pages, members are arguing that why wasn't air support and bombing used in the first place...exactly because there were civilians there. Even now bombing is only used when the ground troops have a positive ID since you can't see anything from the air through the three canopy.

And stop thanking me, it's irritating.

Look at the previous pages, members are arguing that why wasn't air support and bombing used in the first place...exactly because there were civilians there. Even now bombing is only used when the ground troops have a positive ID since you can't see anything from the air through the three canopy.

And stop thanking me, it's irritating.

I know that . And it is sickening me to see that they were suggesting air strikes. People here are crazy, some even suggest use of nukes and chemical weapons, they shouldnt be taken seriously. They think it is child play, suggesting F-16 and what not while sitting in comforts of their rooms....neither punjab nor sindh has experienced military operations and air strikes, people there dont have any idea about horrors.

Ok..There have been civilian deaths,and i been told this by somebody living there...Some sort of munition landed on a house and wiped out a family of 12.
The munition was an artillery shell,a large one.But nobody knows if the cannon that fired the munition was PA's or Terrorists' as they too have access to heavy artillery.
PAF strikes have been precise and no evidence of collateral damage due to PAF..
Thats the reason why PAF was called in,or PA could have continued pounding the area in a much cheaper way,by heavy artillery and tanks...IF PAF has been called in,that being an expensive way to fight the war,that means PA cares,and wants precision strikes with minimal civilian causalities.
This is a war,not a small military operation,and in a war collateral damage is inevitable.Civilians were warned and asked to leave,those who listened are safe,those who didn't listen are now a hindrance in the ongoing war against terrorists.
These people may be too poor and may have nowhere to go,but war is a beast and collateral damage is in the nature of this beast.

Ok..There have been civilian deaths,and i been told this by somebody living there...Some sort of munition landed on a house and wiped out a family of 12.
The munition was an artillery shell,a large one.But nobody knows if the cannon that fired the munition was PA's or Terrorists' as they too have access to heavy artillery.
PAF strikes have been precise and no evidence of collateral damage due to PAF..
Thats the reason why PAF was called in,or PA could have continued pounding the area in a much cheaper way,by heavy artillery and tanks...IF PAF has been called in,that being an expensive way to fight the war,that means PA cares,and wants precision strikes with minimal civilian causalities.
This is a war,not a small military operation,and in a war collateral damage is inevitable.Civilians were warned and asked to leave,those who listened are safe,those who didn't listen are now a hindrance in the ongoing war against terrorists.
These people may be too poor and may have nowhere to go,but war is a beast and collateral damage is in the nature of this beast.

Life of each and every civilian is precious, infact more than faujis, because the concept of fauj is based on protection of lives of civilians , and faujis are supposed to die no matter how many while protecting lives of civilians.
And let me tell you another thing, faujis always hide civilian casaulities unless the info is leaked. I have real life experiences to make such claim, but it would be lengthy and of no use as it doesnt count as proof.

Life of each and every civilian is precious, infact more than faujis, because the concept of fauj is based on protection of lives of civilians , and faujis are supposed to die no matter how many while protecting lives of civilians.
And let me tell you another thing, faujis always hide civilian casaulities unless the info is leaked. I have real life experiences to make such claim, but it would be lengthy and of no use as it doesnt count as proof.

No,'faujis' too are humans with families and their lives are as precious as anybody else's.
Terrorists cant expect nothing to happen after regularly attacking and killing our soldiers.This had to happen.

I don't know the specifics, but the guy I talked to said that anything from the air is pretty pointless unless you are willing to just bomb the whole place to oblivion. You can't see anything from the air...very thick vegetation.

It's all infantry, and when they have positive ID on TTP presence, they call in PAF which pretty much bombs the whole area to ground, not alot of precision or anything.

Whats the latest situation? Any updates??

well, why do we put SSG in every mission as front line ??? they should be used in selected areas i think.
anyways
NASAR MIN ALLAH WA FATHAN QAREEB :sniper::pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom