What's new

Operation Rah-e-Nijat (South Waziristan)

I'd like to ask a few questions here:

1. How is it that militants have accurate information about buildings being operated by our spy agencies?

2. How is it that militants have accurate information about different army personnel?

3. Are we compromised in anyway? I mean c'mon its like our spy network is totally not capable which I'm sure is not the case.

Problem is that these buildings are there for decades now and every layman knows about them. But these are just the few out of many, these are large buildings which are known but dozens of places are still unknown.

And as for information about army personnel, they may get inside information which would be rare too, but ex-servicemen who may have joined these thugs know the inner workings, as in the case of Lt Gen Mushtaq, the surgeon general. The @sshole Dr Usman captured in GHQ attack used to be at one tie ex-attendant with the Lt Gen Mushtaq in one CMH.

Plus in recent attacks on Brigs in Islamabad, these officers go to offices on daily basis through major routes, so identifying them and following them & knowing their routine is not a problem.

Ameen bro, people of Peshawar have become mentally ill, depression and tension all the time, can't come out of home with ease of mind, those who come are not even 0.0001% sure that they will be back home safe. Same would be with other Pakistanis. May Allah protect us all and give courage and end this evil. Suma Ameen. :pakistan:
Ameen and sum a ameen.
You're absolutely right about the mental condition of the locals there. It's heartwrenching to all of us, Pakistanis, when we see and hear about our brothers and sisters and our children killed so mercilessly and everyday. The bombing two days ago in charsadda, tv showed these two kids, brothers, both injured in the bombing, were seperated from their parents. The image of them, the younger kid , couldn't be more than four, sitting on the hospital bed, with his mouth open, he appeared to be in shock unaware of his sorrounding and what had happened to him. That image of that child is printed in my head and in my heart, I also am a father of a two year old girl
and that little kid and his brother and their condition and their plight, I can never get it out of my head, I felt like crying blood tears...

At the end of this nightmare, and I pray that that end comes soon and it couldn't come soon enough, I pray that we come out as a strong nation and overcome whatever shortcommings we have and whatever factor that has contributed to this violence, social injustice, poverty or religious intolarence, we overcome those factors and bring about and raise our next and future generation in a better way.

6 terrorists killed, 12 soldiers embraced shahadat in operation Rah-e-Nijat

ISLAMABAD, Nov 13 (APP): During last 24 hours, Six terrorists have been killed while 12 soldiers embraced shahadat and two soldiers were injured in operation Rah-e-Nijat in South Waziristan. According to ISPR press release, on Jandola - Sararogha Axis Security forces successfully secured important feature point 5376, 3 kms north of Ahmed Wam.

Exchange of fire took place between security forces and terrorists at Ahmed Wam, resultantly 2 soldiers embraced shahadat and 2 were injured, while 6 terrorists were killed. Clearance operation at Khawasai is under process.

On Shakai - Kaniguram Axis, security forces conducted search operation in area around Torwam, cleared compounds, and recovered cache of arms and ammunition. Ten wounded soldiers due to engagement with terrorists of Langar Khel yesterday succumbed to injuries and embraced shahadat. Total casualties are 15 soldiers shaheed.

On Razmak- Makeen Axis, security forces have fully secured the area from Makeen to Marobi Raghzai and road block has been established at Shah Wali Algad.

Security forces cleared built up area of Rogha and Mir Khoni. Terrorists fired rockets at Razmak Camp and Laghr Manza, which was effectively responded by security forces. Meanwhile, security forces apprehended wanted terrorist Qamar Ali at Shangla in operation Rah-e-Rast in Malakand.

Security forces conducted search operation at Shalpin, Amankot, Ghalagai and apprehended three terrorists. As many as I0,946 Cash Cards have issued to displaced families of Waziristan.

Ameen and sum a ameen.
You're absolutely right about the mental condition of the locals there. It's heartwrenching to all of us, Pakistanis, when we see and hear about our brothers and sisters and our children killed so mercilessly and everyday. The bombing two days ago in charsadda, tv showed these two kids, brothers, both injured in the bombing, were seperated from their parents. The image of them, the younger kid , couldn't be more than four, sitting on the hospital bed, with his mouth open, he appeared to be in shock unaware of his sorrounding and what had happened to him. That image of that child is printed in my head and in my heart, I also am a father of a two year old girl
and that little kid and his brother and their condition and their plight, I can never get it out of my head, I felt like crying blood tears...

At the end of this nightmare, and I pray that that end comes soon and it couldn't come soon enough, I pray that we come out as a strong nation and overcome whatever shortcommings we have and whatever factor that has contributed to this violence, social injustice, poverty or religious intolarence, we overcome those factors and bring about and raise our next and future generation in a better way.

So many families have lost their sons, daughters, childs, wifes, mothers, fathers and Allah knows who else and not in single numbers rather in multiples, single families have lost more then 2 members in a single incident, whole families have perished, its unbearable, we read Urdu language newspapers daily after such blasts, they are full of horror stories telling the ordeals of the families who have lost loved ones, things which we don't see in TV or in English newspapers. If you ever read such newspaper, you will feel the real horror then. In charsadda attack so many families lost multiple members, same happened in nearly all the blasts. Busss Allah protect us. Its the saza for our own misdeeds.

Plus in recent attacks on Brigs in Islamabad, these officers go to offices on daily basis through major routes, so identifying them and following them & knowing their routine is not a problem.

end the illegal encroachments, where militants are trying to rent territory!

12,000 afghan refugees have been deported in past months....i want to see that number grow to 3 million+

Today's blast was the most deafening one i have heard up till now among all the blasts that i have heard in Peshawar & in other places. Rough estimates as per my source are that 600+ KG explosives were used, even a figure of 800KG is also in consideration. It was much much powerful then the one happened in PC Peshawar. It literally made my home shake even its 3KM away from the blast site. Below are two pictures that i took from my camera capturing the Mushroom cloud and the size of it can give you an idea about its intensity, the first picture was just couple of mins after the blast while the second one was about 10 mins or so forming into a normal layer of cloud as seen on any rainy day.

May Allah give peace to the passed away souls and courage to their families and protect All of us and Pakistan from this evil and give courage to PA & we the people of Pakistan fight & face this evil. :pakistan:

Picture# 1:
http://img12.imageshack.us/i/pa070143.jpg/ http://g.imageshack.us/img12/pa070143.jpg/1/

Picture# 2:
http://img200.imageshack.us/i/pa070146.jpg/ http://g.imageshack.us/img200/pa070146.jpg/1/

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...istans-spy-agency-northwest-3.html#post547318

i was in Isloo but i have a colleague who lives in the area and he said his whole house shook.

this is **** yaar.

Today's blast was the most deafening one i have heard up till now among all the blasts that i have heard in Peshawar & in other places. Rough estimates as per my source are that 600+ KG explosives were used, even a figure of 800KG is also in consideration.

Correct me if I'm wrong.... Marriott Blast in Isb involved approximately 1,000KG .... is RDX used in most of these blasts and if yes, where does it come from..can it be manufactured by terrorists ?

May Allah keep all of us in his protection.

I'd like to ask a few questions here:

1. How is it that militants have accurate information about buildings being operated by our spy agencies?

2. How is it that militants have accurate information about different army personnel?

3. Are we compromised in anyway? I mean c'mon its like our spy network is totally not capable which I'm sure is not the case.

This is common knowledge these days. We can't build underground ISI centre(s). Sucide bombers are not worried about their lives and since they are packed with explosives, the damage is very high even if they are stopped a few yards away.

I don't think that the bomber was able to enter the compund today but the damage is huge.

Suicide car blast kills 11 in Peshawar
Dawn Report
Friday, 13 Nov, 2009

PESHAWAR: Seven security personnel were among 11 people killed when a suicide bomber rammed an explosive-laden vehicle into ISI’s regional headquarters on the Khyber Road on Friday. At least 80 people were injured.

The bomb attack in Peshawar destroyed the three-storey ISI building and adjoining barracks and damaged offices and houses in a large area.

A police official said the bomber blew up his van at about 6.45am near a security checkpoint at the entrance of Inter-Services Intelligence agency’s building on the highly guarded Artillery Road in the cantonment area.

An official of the bomb disposal unit, Malik Shafqat Mehmud, told Dawn that about 400kgs of explosives mixed with trinitrotoluene had been used in the attack.

According to ISPR, seven military personnel were among 11 people killed when the van was rammed into the military checkpoint.

According to sources, bodies of five security personnel were brought to the Lady Reading Hospital and two who hade suffered serious injuries died there. Five of the 47 injured people in the hospital were in critical condition. Two women and a child were among the injured.

Twenty-nine of the injured were taken to the Combined Military Hospital and six to the Khyber Teaching Hospital.

Those killed in the attack included Syed Adnan Ali Shah, Lal Zeb, Shafi Mohammad, Nimatullah and security guards Suleman Shah and Khan Afzal.

Questions were being asked how the explosive-laden vehicle could enter the sensitive area which had numerous checkpoints manned by armed forces’ personnel.

Security personnel cordoned off the area and did not allow media persons to go near the site of the attack. The Khyber Road was blocked and traffic was diverted to other roads.

An official at the East Cantonment Police Station said the blast had left a deep crater near the building’s main gate.

He said a van or a water tanker might have been used by the bomber, but there was no eyewitness account.

He said the vehicle apparently went to the place from the wrong side of the road. ‘The explosion left a seven-foot deep and 11-foot wide crater,’ a security official said.

He said that security guards had fired at the approaching vehicle but failed to hit the bomber. The roof of a nearby two-storey building collapsed after the blast.

Several people suffered minor injuries from shards of windowpanes in their houses in Falcon Colony on the Warsak Road.

A resident said that at least 30 people in the colony had received minor injuries and almost all the 40 houses had been damaged. Some residents of the colony have moved to other areas.

Shops, offices and swings at the Army Stadium, across the road from the place of the attack, were also damaged.

Windows of the Peshawar Press Club, over 1km away, were also shattered.

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect...t-in-peshawar-cantt-at-least-one-killed-ha-01

Correct me if I'm wrong.... Marriott Blast in Isb involved approximately 1,000KG .... is RDX used in most of these blasts and if yes, where does it come from..can it be manufactured by terrorists ?

Marriot figure was around 600KG-700KG.

RDX, TNT, C4 all these come from across the border, what these guys do is that they use it with some solution made locally or change the composition of these explosives to give greater power and use then military ammunition with it too, to give it more destructive power.

* NWFP IG says 200 kilogrammes of explosives used in attack

people let us not "exaggerate" the figures to defend ones POV.

i would really hope that the SOURCE of these explosives are targetted and this is given priority one.

The problem is that making explosives is easy; anybody who knows chemistry can concoct them. But more should be done to control the sourcing.

the explosives used in Marriot blast were extremely high grade. Over 1000 kg. And the bomb-maker used aluminum nitrate powder --which basically sent scorching "shards" of fire through the windows of the hotel and caused it to burn violently the way it did

* NWFP IG says 200 kilogrammes of explosives used in attack

people let us not "exaggerate" the figures to defend ones POV.

Sir, the figure quoted to me was from someone whose place has been attacked and personally i heard the blast of 200+KG explosive used in PC Peshawar and both places are hardly half a kilometer apart, this one was atleast 4 times more powerful. In PC blast the bang was heard for about 2 secs, but in this one atleast 5 secs roar, it was just like when on a rainy day we hear the loudest of the thunders which continues for few secs. And the figure quoted by the AIG Bomb Disposal Sqd is 400+KG, so these numbers are gonna keep changing for the time being, but the final figure is gonna be much higher. I was told in excess of 600KG and a tanker kind of vehicle was used this time. And the blast has been heard atleast 20KM away, even people in the Khyber Agency heard the blast, which is good amount of KMs away from the blast area.

Sir, the figure quoted to me was from someone whose place has been attacked and personally i heard the blast of 200+KG explosive used in PC Peshawar and both places are hardly half a kilometer apart, this one was atleast 4 times more powerful. In PC blast the bang was heard for about 2 secs, but in this one atleast 5 secs roar, it was just like when on a rainy day we hear the loudest of the thunders which continues for few secs. And the figure quoted by the AIG Bomb Disposal Sqd is 400+KG, so these numbers are gonna keep changing for the time being, but the final figure is gonna be much higher. I was told in excess of 600KG and a tanker kind of vehicle was used this time. And the blast has been heard atleast 20KM away, even people in the Khyber Agency heard the blast, which is good amount of KMs away from the blast area.

that is exactly my point - everyone is quoting a different figure!

Back
Top Bottom