What's new

Operation Eagle Claw

It is an irony though that their last aggression was against India. Look up battle of Karnal.

It is ironic that you should find this nugget to show me, a major in history, considering the title of this thread. Or did you not notice it?

I do not approve of it. That is why you do not have it. Any other request?

The defeat of operation Eagle claw was was kinda like act of God though. Like a divine intervention.

In that case, it makes this whole forum redundant, don't you think?

technically, individuals in your country violated the US sovereignty by holding their embassy staff hostage. There are Geneva Conventions which basically state that the host country has a legal obligation to ensure that embassies (which are viewed as sovereign entities) be protected at all times.

but then again, i understand that the west meddled in Iran's affairs and actually helped steer it AWAY from democracy by supporting a puppet regime

a lot of middle eastern countries arent that crazy for viewing the U.S. or west with some mistrust. Look at their actions in the region since 1915. I've even met Americans who admit that if they were non-American, they wouldnt trust the U.S. one bit!

as for Eagle Claw -- well in terms of logistics and in terms of planning and in terms of having a contingency plan, well they messed up pretty good...proof of that is these pictures which i am seeing above this post

There are also Geneva Conventions that embassies must not become listening posts and staffed with spies. Dont you know Raymond Davis case and other private agencies like Dyncorp and Blackwater sneaking into Pakistan as embassy staff? There is an equal amount of hatred for US actions in Pakistan as it was in Iran. There is a strong perception that our govt. has been made hostage by American interests. Its only a perception but it is there.

i have little information on the lines of communication....as far as i know, the embassy was under complete control of the revolutionaries

as for the revolution itself, i think it would have taken place regardless of whether the crisis took place or not.....everyone knew that Khomeini's influence was spreading fast even before his plane touched down from Paris......it wasnt an overnight thing, it was a gradual process

in my own opinion, taking over the embassy was not an advisable move on their part. If they wanted suspension or end to relations, they could have given the staff 24 hour notice to vacate the country immediately. That's all they had to do....but that's my own opinion.

Dude, they took over embassy after revolution was over. It was exactly like 1953. Americans were trying to roll back the revolution and bring back Shah's son to be throned who was a kid at the time. Iranians had no choice. Americans would not leave on a notice. There was too much oil in Iran just to walk away from. Besides, Iran had not formed a stable government yet, since it takes time to bring up a stable government. In ideal situation when both sides are equal in power, you are right. But in their situation, normal rules do not apply.

Don't compere Iranian missiles with Indian ones... When Iranian scientist was trying to figure out 2+2, Indian scientist were building nuclear bombs and nuclear capable missiles...

LOL go ahead and compare their missiles to our then.
go on I am waiting.
sejill 2 is one the best MRBM in thw world. so much that your zionist allies are shitting their pants evrynight.

Turkish people must feel wreched.... An internet hero does not give his approvel... :( You are making me teary eyed :(

Like Maradona's goal with his hand? The one he called the ''hand of God''?

Oh, do not cry now. You are breaking my heart. If you insist, we can give you enrichment technology and Iran can give you space launch technology. Now stop crying please.

Only those who believe in God can appreciate what I said. Nothing moves in this world without God's will.

It is ironic that you should find this nugget to show me, a major in history, considering the title of this thread. Or did you not notice it?

In that case, it makes this whole forum redundant, don't you think?

Blah, blah, blah.

There are also Geneva Conventions that embassies must not become listening posts and staffed with spies. Dont you know Raymond Davis case and other private agencies like Dyncorp and Blackwater sneaking into Pakistan as embassy staff? There is an equal amount of hatred for US actions in Pakistan as it was in Iran. There is a strong perception that our govt. has been made hostage by American interests. Its only a perception but it is there.

i definitely agree with you on the first point as well....

actually the same year of the revolution in Iran (79) there was an attack on the US embassy in Islamabad as well.....anti-US sentiment was very high because someone spread a rumour that US boots landed and took over Makkah and Medina (or something liek that). Protestors burned the embassy to ashes -- a few local and foreign staff were killed by angry mob.

as for interests -- our and theirs -- at times they have clashed. We have the luxury of being on the right side of history. They do not.

LOL go ahead and compare their missiles to our then.
go on I am waiting.
sejill 2 is one the best MRBM in thw world. so much that your zionist allies are shitting their pants evrynight.

Once again, what was the title of the thread?

i definitely agree with you on the first point as well....

actually the same year of the revolution in Iran (79) there was an attack on the US embassy in Islamabad as well.....anti-US sentiment was very high because someone spread a rumour that US boots landed and took over Makkah and Medina (or something liek that). Protestors burned the embassy to ashes -- a few local and foreign staff were killed by angry mob.

as for interests -- our and theirs -- at times they have clashed. We have the luxury of being on the right side of history. They do not.

When was the last time US was on the right side of history? By comparison we have always been on the right side.

You seriously compered Iranian missiles with Indian ones.... Just... just... please... It would be better for everyone here if you stop doing this to yourself... It is painful to watch...

I said go ahead and compare did I not?
what does translate to in turkish?

I am waiting for your comparison.

Back
Top Bottom