What's new

Operation Eagle Claw

Good Job Iran.
iran-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gif

technically, individuals in your country violated the US sovereignty by holding their embassy staff hostage. There are Geneva Conventions which basically state that the host country has a legal obligation to ensure that embassies (which are viewed as sovereign entities) be protected at all times.

but then again, i understand that the west meddled in Iran's affairs and actually helped steer it AWAY from democracy by supporting a puppet regime

a lot of middle eastern countries arent that crazy for viewing the U.S. or west with some mistrust. Look at their actions in the region since 1915. I've even met Americans who admit that if they were non-American, they wouldnt trust the U.S. one bit!

as for Eagle Claw -- well in terms of logistics and in terms of planning and in terms of having a contingency plan, well they messed up pretty good...proof of that is these pictures which i am seeing above this post
US presence in Iran was illegal after Ajax coup and needed to be dealt with

Building real ones... Rather than simple TV antenas Iran calls satellites
Building real ones.. yourself or with the Israeli scientists in Istanbul ?

Yes, out of 8 CH-53, three got destroyed and 5 remained intact which are now being used by Iranian Navy.

are you sure about these numbers?

as far as i know, 5 were left behind intact or somewhat intact but it's clear that not all of those ''intact'' are deployed and in use

US presence in Iran was illegal after Ajax coup and needed to be dealt with

but you cant justify taking over a foreign country's embassy and holding their staff hostage......

rationally speaking...

Are you sugesting that the best weapon of Iran is suicide bombings? I always thought Iran had more sophisticated weapons than that.... :undecided: but I guess it is normal from a person who is very eager to blow things up... I hope the next thing you blow up won't be yourself...

You mean what we see is the unexploded he? Better take cover, everyone. Once he runs out of sandstorms and rainstorms.......

as far as i know, 5 were left behind intact or somewhat intact but it's clear that not all of those ''intact'' are deployed and in use

but you cant justify taking over a foreign country's embassy and holding their staff hostage......

rationally speaking...

American says 4 were left behind. Iranians say five. The difference is only one.

As for the embassy, Iran had no choice. If they not done it, another operation Ajax would have rolled back their revolution.

Operation Ajax was done from the same embassy so it was a military target not a diplomatic center anymore.

Nader Shah is on its way to India again.

What, on the point of a missile? Hope it's a quick trip, or that he doesn't have piles.

You're off topic, of course. The Iranians are NEVER the aggressors; that could have been the point of this thread, if only the dummix knew where to find his fundament.

American says 4 were left behind. Iranians say five. The difference is only one.

As for the embassy, Iran had no choice. If they not done it, another operation Ajax would have rolled back their revolution.

Operation Ajax was done from the same embassy so it was a military target not a diplomatic center anymore.
Revolutionaries discovered spying tools,equipments in the US embassy so it was legitimate raid. Shame the spies got released though

Iran could easily send them off but Iranian regime choosed to capture them and hold them against their will...
Which country would let spies go ?

sorry no offense...but this comment was just epic :rofl:
Because several US soldiers died at the hands of Iranian weather, is that what you are laughing at ? disrespecting US soldiers ? That is pathetic lol

What, on the point of a missile? Hope it's a quick trip, or that he doesn't have piles.

You're off topic, of course. The Iranians are NEVER the aggressors; that could have been the point of this thread, if only the dummix knew where to find his fundament.

It is an irony though that their last aggression was against India. Look up battle of Karnal.

I am sure Turkey is waiting for your approvel...

I do not approve of it. That is why you do not have it. Any other request?

The defeat of operation Eagle claw was was kinda like act of God though. Like a divine intervention.

From memory, it was a mission of eight, two were damaged and destroyed, one returned to the carriers, five were left behind, four were repaired and put into service by the Iranians.

rationally speaking...

This was an international crime, violating the deepest accords giving sanctity to diplomats, explicitly declaring the grounds of the diplomatic mission or embassy to be soil of the represented country. Nobody in his right mind would justify it. Some overheated fanboys might.

i have little information on the lines of communication....as far as i know, the embassy was under complete control of the revolutionaries

as for the revolution itself, i think it would have taken place regardless of whether the crisis took place or not.....everyone knew that Khomeini's influence was spreading fast even before his plane touched down from Paris......it wasnt an overnight thing, it was a gradual process

in my own opinion, taking over the embassy was not an advisable move on their part. If they wanted suspension or end to relations, they could have given the staff 24 hour notice to vacate the country immediately. That's all they had to do....but that's my own opinion.

Which country would let spies go ?

Because several US soldiers died at the hands of Iranian weather, is that what you are laughing at ? disrespecting US soldiers ? That is pathetic lol

ANYTHING that makes you happy, O scientific and military wizard.

i have little information on the lines of communication....as far as i know, the embassy was under complete control of the revolutionaries

as for the revolution itself, i think it would have taken place regardless of whether the crisis took place or not.....everyone knew that Khomeini's influence was spreading fast even before his plane touched down from Paris......it wasnt an overnight thing, it was a gradual process

in my own opinion, taking over the embassy was not an advisable move on their part. If they wanted suspension or end to relations, they could have given the staff 24 hour notice to vacate the country immediately. That's all they had to do....but that's my own opinion.
Abu, You have talked with those Shahis who are in exile, havent you ?

ANYTHING that makes you happy, O scientific and military wizard.
Oh thankyou, my dear Indian Joe Shearer singh

Back
Top Bottom