What's new

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
its nothing wrong in donating money to temples but many people overdo it

I see it as picking up the slack for the ones who cannot donate much.

Instead of building huge temples spread in acres, these temples should start setting up home shelter all across India. It can save many lives during winter.

Another is giving scholarships to students to study in top institutes of our country and the world.

Providing small amounts to small businesses in villages where they can build temples too.

Then whats the job of the Govt??

Anyways you should have the temple first inorder to generate revenue for the charity programs.

The film's main plot was picked up from the gujju play "kanji vs kanji" and then it was added to that australian flick "The man who sued god"

that play was written by Paresh rawal himself

05_07_12-metro1b.jpg

temple-2.jpg

OMG! :woot:
As far as i know tirumala does donate lot to the hospitals universities,colleges,schools in and around tirupati and it maintains balaji temples throughout the world as far as in Pittsburgh.

But one thing i dont understand is that GOI did take lot of temple funds into its treasury(almost 70% of temple funds goes into GoI treasuries) to finance most of govt.run welfare schemes.So its wrong to say that temples are looting devotees in the name of religion.So infact OMG movie and this article is based on some agenda.Infact there are no taxation on the donations christian and muslim and other minorities religious boards receives so why none questions them...?Does they fear that they will lose their arms and legs if they raise the questions uniformly on all.

Instead of building huge temples spread in acres, these temples should start setting up home shelter all across India. It can save many lives during winter.

Another is giving scholarships to students to study in top institutes of our country and the world.

Providing small amounts to small businesses in villages where they can build temples too.
Temples already do that.70% of temples income goes to GOI treasuries.big temples like tirumala finance all univ,colleges,schools hospital in the tirupati and outside it.Have you been to tirupati then you will come to know how many free services TTD runs for both devotees and destitute.

Some hindu groups wanted this movie to be banned

As far as i know tirumala does donate lot to the hospitals universities,colleges,schools in and around tirupati and it maintains balaji temples throughout the world as far as in Pittsburgh.

But one thing i dont understand is that GOI did take lot of temple funds into its treasury(almost 70% of temple funds goes into GoI treasuries) to finance most of govt.run welfare schemes.So its wrong to say that temples are looting devotees in the name of religion.So infact OMG movie and this article is based on some agenda.Infact there are no taxation on the donations christian and muslim and other minorities religious boards receives so why none questions them...?Does they fear that they will lose their arms and legs if they raise the questions uniformly on all.

A very valid point asked again and again in Kerala as almost all temples here comes under Govt (Devasom), but not any minority places of worship.

Some hindu groups wanted this movie to be banned

Did anybody burned down the KFC for getting the ban...so lets leave it at that.

Film producers should thank webby for publicity the movie is getting on this forum :P

You are right up to certain extent that these temples run some welfare services funded by them but remember one thing that their expenses and balance sheets never gets audited externally. Secondly, 70% of funds to GOI is also not confirmed. And you are talking about few of the biggest trusts/Shrine boards. There are thousands of temples where money is donated (or simply say looted) in name of many things be it Yagya, Havan, Pooja etc.

This does not happen only in Temples but I have bitter experience in Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti's Dargah in Ajmer where people inside the Dargah was asking money (may be for themselves or for Dargah) and then outside many people were asking so.

Someone from AP plz put the loot that happened from Tirumala temple funds under YSR regime.It was almost that 85%(approx.Rs. 2600 crore) of the TTD funds were taken by the AP govt.and most of the temple lands were either occupied or sold to benami owners.

Then whats the job of the Govt??

Anyways you should have the temple first inorder to generate revenue for the charity programs.
its govt. job to save flood victims but will you leave the person drowning.

I am not against making more temples. I want more temples in small cities and funds to go to social welfare all around India.

For every temple, build 10-100 homes for lowest segment of people. Various caste do it, We give money to our Caste organization to build hostels and scholarships for students of over caste. They are responsibility of govt. to but we use caste brotherhood to help poor and needy one even when we do it for our caste students.

Giving money in temples should also include transfer 1 rps to an NGO every day. or 30 rps every month.

I can give you list of honest NGOs. Not all are bads.

If any one has not watched OH MY GOD watch it, what an excellent and inspiring movie, after watching this movie many people in india are thinking twice before donating money in temples

Who are the actresses in this movie.

You are right up to certain extent that these temples run some welfare services funded by them but remember one thing that their expenses and balance sheets never gets audited externally. Secondly, 70% of funds to GOI is also not confirmed. And you are talking about few of the biggest trusts/Shrine boards. There are thousands of temples where money is donated (or simply say looted) in name of many things be it Yagya, Havan, Pooja etc.

In Kerala most of the temples are under Govt controlled Devasom and they do something of a Robin hood policy by which they take money from rich temples and give it to temples that need them.

[

This does not happen only in Temples but I have bitter experience in Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti's Dargah in Ajmer where people inside the Dargah was asking money (may be for themselves or for Dargah) and then outside many people were asking so.
At ajmer what the shirk they do is they resell the same chadar which a devotee offer on his grave.

Btw temples are under the strict clutches of GOI its another matter that they themself loot the money instead of using it for public welfare.A huge amount of income GOI gets from them.

Temples already do that.70% of temples income goes to GOI treasuries.big temples like tirumala finance all univ,colleges,schools hospital in the tirupati and outside it.Have you been to tirupati then you will come to know how many free services TTD runs for both devotees and destitute.
I have seen a lot and has been active in certain regions. All I am saying is that, devotees who can pay thousands of rps in one temple, one should give some money directly to NGOs which are honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom