What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

Hi,

That was a very well planned air raid----the israelis made sure that they strike the plant before it went active---so there would be no radio active fallout.

Ya but i would give more credit to iraqi negligence for success. They were caught off guard.Such an important strategic facility should have been well guarded

Hi,

Now what a price the mother of the son has paid---first the husband---now the son----.

FLT LT Nasim A Tariq, flying an F-86 Sabre in 1980 crashed and died his only son Imran Tariq was few months old at that time.

April 2004, FLT LT Imran Tariq while flying an F-7 Crashed and died near Mianwali, his only daughter was only 6 months old..

Very sad indeed...Begum Nasim Tariq did not re-married and taught in PAF School Sargodha and raised Imran Tariq and her only daughter.

FLT LT Nasim A Tariq, flying an F-86 Sabre in 1980 crashed and died his only son Imran Tariq was few months old at that time.

April 2004, FLT LT Imran Tariq while flying an F-7 Crashed and died near Mianwali, his only daughter was only 6 months old..

Very sad indeed...Begum Nasim Tariq did not re-married and taught in PAF School Sargodha and raised Imran Tariq and her only daughter.

Dear Dreamer,
Do you have more details of the two losses or photos of either pilot, so that I can update my records. You can contact me either via this forum or by email at mbenshar@aol.com

With Respect
Mike Bennett
Project Get Out and Walk
www.ejection-history.org.uk

French Pilot Missing After Rafale Aircraft Mishap
By pierre tran
Published: 25 Sep 2009 10:12

Paris - French ships and aircraft were searching the waters off the coast of Perpignan in southern France on Sept. 25 for the Navy pilot of one of two Rafale fighter aircraft that crashed into the sea after an apparent collision the previous day.

The search for the downed pilot would continue "as long as necessary," Defense Minister Hervé Morin said, the French Navy Web site reported. "As long as there's hope of finding him," he added while speaking to journalists on board the carrier Charles de Gaulle.

France is in negotiations for the sale of 36 Rafales to Brazil as part of the FX-2 fighter procurement program.

The two Rafales went down about 30 kilometers east of Perpignan around 6 p.m. Sept. 24 as they headed back to the carrier after a training flight, the Navy said. The aircraft were not carrying armaments and were engaged in validating parameters for catapult takeoff.

"This was a flying accident," Morin said. The collision between the two aircraft "had nothing to do with the plane."

A Navy helicopter picked up one of the pilots, Capt. Yann Beaufils, who ejected as his aircraft went into a spin after registering a shock.

The rescued pilot, after ejecting, saw the other Rafale continue flying, and the radar track was lost a few minutes later, Morin said.

A midair collision was the most likely hypothesis, a French Navy spokesman said.

France has deployed a naval coast guard ship, an Atlantique 2 maritime patrol aircraft, a Hawkeye surveillance aircraft from the Charles de Gaulle, a Navy Falcon 50 jet, a Lynx Navy helicopter as well a Dauphin helicopter from civil security service in the search.

The authorities are also sending a tug with undersea equipment for locating aircraft wreckage and have asked for help from a Spanish ship.

Last year, a French Air Force pilot was killed when he crashed in his Rafale in the countryside in the Corrèze region. The crash inquiry concluded the pilot had suffered from "spatial disorientation."

French Pilot Missing After Rafale Aircraft Mishap - Defense News

Small plane crashes at Karachi airport
Updated at: 1528 PST, Thursday, October 01, 2009

KARACHI: A small plane crashed at Karachi airport while landing, Geo News reported Thursday.

According to sources, the training plane Cessna 172 was carrying three Spanish students who are all safe. They were one pilot and three trainees on board plane.

The tyre of the plane burst during the landing process. A portion of the airport has been blocked for landing and taking off.

The Civil Aviation Authority has directed an inquiry into the incident.

According to eye-witnesses, after the landing, the smoke is seen emanating from the plane.

Small plane crashes at Karachi airport - GEO.tv

Small plane crashes at Karachi airport
Updated at: 1528 PST, Thursday, October 01, 2009

KARACHI: A small plane crashed at Karachi airport while landing, Geo News reported Thursday.

According to sources, the training plane Cessna 172 was carrying three Spanish students who are all safe. They were one pilot and three trainees on board plane.

The tyre of the plane burst during the landing process. A portion of the airport has been blocked for landing and taking off.

The Civil Aviation Authority has directed an inquiry into the incident.

According to eye-witnesses, after the landing, the smoke is seen emanating from the plane.

Small plane crashes at Karachi airport - GEO.tv

oh crap......glad the guests were unharmed. Alhamdolillah

I have not seen this loss on the Aircraft Crashes list.

Wednesday 7th October 2009
11:06 a.m. local time

Libyan Air Force
MiG-23UB ??
1023 Interceptor Squadron
Umm Aitiqah

*Ma’atiqa International Airport

Taking part in the Third Libyan Aviation Exhibition (LAVEX 2009). *The aircraft was flying at a low level when it nose dived and crashed hitting a one-storey house in the Souk-el-Jumaa [Friday Market] district in a suburb of the Libyan capital Tripoli. Several injured on ground

PILOT:
Colonel Yahya Ahmed Hassan al-Hamidi killed

Colonel ??? [not yet named] killed

I know that in the past Pakistan have provided IPs for Libya and on15th May 1973 a Libyan Mirage IIIB crashed in the desert south of Tripoli. The (Egyptian) student ejected (injuring his legs) along with Instructor Tahir Alam of the PAF.

Given that Pakistan has had links with Libya I wonder if any Forum members could help me with the Libyan Ejections and Losses on my web site [www.ejection-history.org.uk]
I am also corresponding with an African Aviation forum to try to improve the information on Libyan Air Force history.

Recently Libya has been a little more open and a list of Martys from the Libya / Chad conflicts has been produced. On it there are several Pilots mentioned (no dates of their deaths). I will hopefully be able to compile a list of known pilot martyrs (using Arabic translation software) that may help.

With respect
Mike Bennett
Project Get Out and Walk

MIG-27 crashes in West Bengal; pilots ejects to safety

Kolkata/New Delhi: A MiG-27 fighter aircraft of the Indian Air Force crashed in a tea garden near New Jalpaiguri in West Bengal on Friday but the pilot managed to eject safely.

"The aircraft was on a routine training sortie from the Hashimara airbase and crashed at around 1310 hours, nearly 15 kilometres from its take off base near near New Jalpaiguri," IAF officials said.

The pilot, Flight Lieutenant Gautam managed to bailout safely before the aircraft crashed, they said.

The IAF has ordered a Court of Inquiry to investigate the causes behind the crash, they said.

This was the ninth accident involving an IAF aircraft this year.

PAF lost one of its F-7 Fighter jet during a normal training mission in Attock near Dhok Pathan. Unfortunately Pilot lost his life(Shaheed) too. Though there was loss of ground life. Airheadquarter has already formed an inquiry board to find out the reason of the crash.

We have gotta wait for more latest news to find out who was the pilot, how this incident happen.
But that was really bad for us, especially the loss of a life a pilot. We need JF-17 soon to phase out these old F-7's.

SAY INNAH LILAH E WAINNA ELLIEHIE RAJIEON

wow....yet another iaf Mig-27 falls to the ground in the west bengal

For the year 2009, this would make it the 10th military aircraft crash for iaf

MIG-27 crashes in West Bengal; pilots ejects to safety

Kolkata/New Delhi: A MiG-27 fighter aircraft of the Indian Air Force crashed in a tea garden near New Jalpaiguri in West Bengal on Friday but the pilot managed to eject safely.

"The aircraft was on a routine training sortie from the Hashimara airbase and crashed at around 1310 hours, nearly 15 kilometres from its take off base near near New Jalpaiguri," IAF officials said.

The pilot, Flight Lieutenant Gautam managed to bailout safely before the aircraft crashed, they said.

The IAF has ordered a Court of Inquiry to investigate the causes behind the crash, they said.

This was the ninth accident involving an IAF aircraft this year.

Please tell, board of inquiry gets busy in investigating, but I have never seen the board's finding in public??Why same happens in India too!!!

rightly said, public never come to know about true happenings and that is the way it should be. let the military handle there matters and support them in there cause rather then creat hurdels in there past byy asking them about breifing as about each and every thing!

regards!

rightly said, public never come to know about true happenings and that is the way it should be. let the military handle there matters and support them in there cause rather then creat hurdels in there past byy asking them about breifing as about each and every thing!

regards!

Taxpayers money; people have the right to know how their money is spent...

Famous Topgun quote: "You don't own that plane the taxpayers do"...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom