What's new

No One Can Seperate Islam and Pakistan: Gen. Kayani

Actually practically speaking the general is merely pointing out the actuality of the religion being inseparable from Pakistan. He has not vouched for state controlled by religion or the imposition of Islam. I think he felt compelled to speak up on the issue since certain mullahs often run the rhetoric that this war is a war on Islam.

Well, the name changing seems like a precursor to slowly removing Islamic fervour from Pakistan...MQM and ANP both have supported this move. and Kiyaniji reassured the nation. If we connect the dots, this seems like something bigger is cooking.

Otherwise, a person of stature of Kiyani need not have to issue any reassurance.
Only probably Iranians and Pakistanis have named their countries Islamic Republic ------. I am not sure of Iran, but in case of Pakistan, the naming has created a kind of extremism that can be seen today. People with different backgrounds come with different interpretation of this name. But, now if there is a move to rename it without having the word Islamic, it will again divide the population.

However, I must add that Pakistan will not automatically become a secular country even if it is called in some other names, because people have different mindset.

Well, the name changing seems like a precursor to slowly removing Islamic fervour from Pakistan...MQM and ANP both have supported this move. and Kiyaniji reassured the nation. If we connect the dots, this seems like something bigger is cooking.

Otherwise, a person of stature of Kiyani need not have to issue any reassurance.

no, i think you're just making a big deal out of nothing...

it has nothing to do with "connecting dots"

Islam is Pakistan... I have heard that mqm and ppp is trying to change Pakistan name from Islamic republic of Pakistan to People republic of Pakistan. now this statement of Gen. Kayani gave me moral .....

Only probably Iranians and Pakistanis have named their countries Islamic Republic ------. I am not sure of Iran, but in case of Pakistan, the naming has created a kind of extremism that can be seen today. People with different backgrounds come with different interpretation of this name. But, now if there is a move to rename it without having the word Islamic, it will again divide the population.

However, I must add that Pakistan will not automatically become a secular country even if it is called in some other names, because people have different mindset.

well thanks for your analysis, but i can assure you -- the changing of the name of the country has hardly been spoken about or brought up

names of countries dont cause extremism, fyi

sir
i thought PPP playing a lead role in removing Islam name from Pakistan.

i think MQM also supported the initiative, i could be wrong.

like i said, it's a waste of time debating about the name of the country right now. More important issues to deal with.

clever ways to divert attention away from NRO fiasco

I think Qauid should had Name this country "Kingdom of Jinnah "like KSA(Kingdom of saudia arabia).
If KSA. is no objectionable than why Islamic republic of Pakistan is ???

Actually practically speaking the general is merely pointing out the actuality of the religion being inseparable from Pakistan. He has not vouched for state controlled by religion or the imposition of Islam. I think he felt compelled to speak up on the issue since certain mullahs often run the rhetoric that this war is a war on Islam.

the problem with Pakistan Imo hasn't been the infusion of islamic principles or the lack of it...
it has always been the COASs speaking and intervening in things and issues that aren't a part of their job description.
Let the mullahs do what they do...as long as the mullah don't raise objections on the work of the army...Kayani should practice refrain from speaking up...
the mullahs who support the TTP by calling it islamic....should be next on kyani's hitlist...that is not the kind of islam any general would want in his army.

the problem with Pakistan Imo hasn't been the infusion of islamic principles or the lack of it...
it has always been the COASs speaking and intervening in things and issues that aren't a part of their job description.
Let the mullahs do what they do...as long as the mullah don't raise objections on the work of the army...Kayani should practice refrain from speaking up...
the mullahs who support the TTP by calling it islamic....should be next on kyani's hitlist...that is not the kind of islam any general would want in his army.
What I was pointing at was that the Mullahs already have spoken against the actions of the Pakistan Army. It is not unusual for Kayani to speak up in this regard since the debate was not started by him.

Whatever problem you are describing does not apply to Kayani who minds his own business till its absolutely necessary to speak up.

Moreover it will be factually wrong to spin this statement and give Kayani some sort of Mullah outlook.

Just as Asim said, Kiyani was not referring to the Islam told by the taliban or the extremist mullahs.

And Kiyani is one of the most thorough military professional having performed exceptionally in the assignments he has been given so far and reached this rank coming from a very low class family background, nor he is like Indian COAS who has to get into every petty issue and then issue ridiculous statements which do not suit the likes of his stature.

He speaks & issues statements when it is absolutely necessary, becoz the oligarchs running our country are very immature and are always involved in petty issues rather then running the country as responsible leaders.

And yeah Islam is the very basic ingredient of our daily lives, so till the time you don't know about Islam and its teachings, no need to comment as it makes you guys look stupid.

I'd like to add one point to the topic. People from all walks of life wholeheartedly supported military operation including "mullahs".
As for those gullible idiots who don't know anything about Islam or Pakistan, does 2-nation theory ring a bell or does anyone remember the slogan "Pakistan ka matlab kiya..."

no, i think you're just making a big deal out of nothing...

it has nothing to do with "connecting dots"

See, anyone today within and without Pakistan knows very well that one thing all Pakistanis agree on is that Pakistan is islamic. Why is this obvious thing being stressed again by Kiyaniji? Remember, he is not just any other person. He is the most powerful person in Pakistan. If he has to issue a reassurance than it has to be taken seriously. Every word Kiyaniji speaks in public is of great importance to Pakistan similar to the way every word of Obama is important to US. One cannot dismiss it as routine talk. Also Kiyaniji is not a loosemouth like, say, musharraf who loved to talk. Kiyaniji talks very less, and only on important matters.

^ so Obama called Kanye West a jerk for ruining Taylor Swift's moment, I wonder how important that is to the American people and how serious one should take it, lol.

^ so Obama called Kanye West a jerk for ruining Taylor Swift's moment, I wonder how important that is to the American people and how serious one should take it, lol.

If obama talks about something that is of importance to all americans, will be ignored as 'just routine talk'? Kiyaniji is talking about the ideology or religion that is the basis for creation of Pakistan, it is obviously of utmost importance to Pakistanis or is it?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom