What's new

‘No Muslim’ parking sign board at Texas

What excuses? I clearly indicate what the sign should have said, since what is did say was wrong, illegal and unnecessary.

What is did say?

And no, you never did imply, directly or otherwise, that the sign was wrong, illegal or unnecessary. It seemed like a pretty straightforward cop out to me.

The local mosque is chronically short of parking spaces and the spillover is into the mall's parking lots. What that sign should say is "Parking for Mall Customers Only".

They could have just said "parking for paying customers only" or something similar, they didn't have to single out and alienate Muslims. This is beyond ridiculous, this is just plain racist.
Islam/Muslim is not a race, so nothing racist about it, stop making a big deal out of nothing

Nah they probably did, ironically I was having this conversation with one of my uncles who came to NY from Houston for eid because we were having a hard time finding parking as he was like in Houston anyone just parks anywhere and goes where they need to go. Like you can park in the mall and then go across the street to a starbucks or something.

In this age of political correctness, I cant think they will word it this way. Business establishments know they can be sued for small things.

This looks like a prank..by a disgruntled member of public.. what about the muslim shoppers.. cant they park too. lolz.

muslim-parking_660_081013082344.jpg

The local mosque is chronically short of parking spaces and the spillover is into the mall's parking lots. What that sign should say is "Parking for Mall Customers Only".

The mall should actually accommodate the people. Such parking shortage does not take place everyday and when so many Mosque visitors are there, quite a few would certainly visit the mall.

The mall administrators, if want to cash in on the visiting crowd, should actually welcome the visitors and designate a specific area for the mosque visitors.

This is how it ought to work in a society, and not by putting up a sign meant only for a few holy days of a specific religion.

The mall should actually accommodate the people. Such parking shortage does not take place everyday and when so many Mosque visitors are there, quite a few would certainly visit the mall.

The mall administrators, if want to cash in on the visiting crowd, should actually welcome the visitors and designate a specific area for the mosque visitors.

This is how it ought to work in a society, and not by putting up a sign meant only for a few holy days of a specific religion.

Legally, mall parking is private property and for use of its customers only. The mall has no duty to accommodate other concerns in the areas, unless they are approached as a matter of convenience beforehand.

Legally, mall parking is private property and for use of its customers only. The mall has no duty to accommodate other concerns in the areas, unless they are approached as a matter of convenience beforehand.

what about muslim customers... :D

Islam/Muslim is not a race, so nothing racist about it, stop making a big deal out of nothing

I meant that as a general statement. It was directed at a specific group of people who happened to have a different belief system.

To you, it may not be a big deal, but I have to deal with similar **** almost every day.

Never take these incidents lightly, because once you start becoming accepting of such acts, you enable them to go even further.

The religion of its customers is no business of the mall. Customers are customers. But not people who park there and go across the street.

does it not make 'No muslim parking in xxx shopping center' wrong then.. it amounts to discrimination against muslim patrons of the establishment.

such small things can make you feel bad...

does it not make 'No muslim parking in xxx shopping center' wrong then.. it amounts to discrimination against muslim patrons of the establishment..............

If the Muslim patrons are parking there to go shop in the mall, only then is your point applicable. If they are parking there to go pray in the mosque, then it is not.

If the Muslim patrons are parking there to go shop in the mall, only then is your point applicable. If they are parking there to go pray in the mosque, then it is not.

yes, I am talking about first scenario.. a muslim guy going there for shopping (not to mosque) and seeing this notice.

Back
Top Bottom