What's new

Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh; 9 CRPF men killed

Can any indian tell me, why NAXAL'S fighting with there mother land india.

I think there r no muslim terrorist in naxal's ranks, and they r no where close to kashmir also.

Take i deep look inside ur selve's. :tup:

Naxals are basically common men who were deprived from the development and fruits of burgeoning Indian economy and to make it worst their lands which are resource rich were taken from them and given to big corporations

Do you Indians not have any mechanism to control and quell this movement? I mean, even Pakistan is doing more work to quell terrorism in its own territory that the work your government is doing. After the demise of so many police officials, why doesn't your public demand a military action?

What is the point of a democracy if the people don't exercise their rights for security at the hands of these militants? Communism is known for its barbaric principles world over from South America to Southeast Asia (Khmer Rouge) to former USSR to Mao-era China and others.

In India communists have been part of democratic process from day one

Even the naxals (communists following path of the gun) - who are active for many decades now, have split, some have talked to the govt, left the path of violence, even contested elections

Various govts have talked to the naxals - state govts, and that makes finding one solution difficult as they operate across state boundaries. Also they operate in jungles across thousands of square kilometers, these jungles are their home, so not that easy to find a military solution. they can not overrun the govt, but can fight a guerrilla war.

oh...please stop discussing on this topic. all we know that they are not doing any terroist activity, our prime minister already cleared that and every thing is legal for naxlalite in india.

Do you Indians not have any mechanism to control and quell this movement? I mean, even Pakistan is doing more work to quell terrorism in its own territory that the work your government is doing. After the demise of so many police officials, why doesn't your public demand a military action?

What is the point of a democracy if the people don't exercise their rights for security at the hands of these militants? Communism is known for its barbaric principles world over from South America to Southeast Asia (Khmer Rouge) to former USSR to Mao-era China and others.

Russia was the joke of Europe from 1850 to USSR, but the USSR turned it into a superpower. Communism only works for huge countries with the will to industrialize. If a country doesn't want to industrialize, then only dependence on foreigners is the only choice.

First of all The rebels are Our Own Men, Army wouldnt take arms Against our men, Paramilitary forces have been created To take out this menace, CRPF is into the Job, Army is training CRPF now after these attacks....

If military gets into this, The Nation cannot avert the possibility of a Military rule.... Now the president of India is the Supreme commander of armed forces, if You give More power than those assigned, The situation would get worser And India could end up in a Military rule which we dont want.....

So the Only way forward is solve this menace by Talks or let the Paramilitary do the job

RIP to the deads....

Why don't India use its military instead of using para-military forces?Surely the para-military people are not effective at stopping these guys.

The Army cannot be used. The Army cannot be called in for Internal Security purposes. They are not meant to fight their own countrymen, unless there are external factors/people at play.

India has vast paramilitary forces. So far, the govt has used a very small percent of its paramilitary forces to deal with naxals.
The paramilitary forces if mustered and authorized can crush the naxals, but it wont solve the problem.
The naxal problem cannot be dealt with force alone. It needs force with development. Its a socio-economic problem which is leading to naxalism. Killing them wont solve it. A Dual approach is needed.

Our policy is also the same,but when the situation becomes uncontrollable for the paramilitary forces,the military steps in and calms down every time.Apparently that's not India's case.
My question is,India already reached that threshold point,so shouldn't India raise the level of intensity before it spreads or deteriorates further?

I hope this Naxal problem doesn't spread to my country too,we already have some extremist left terrorist in our southern area,which is close to Indian Red corridor and well linked with those in India.

Our policy is also the same,but when the situation becomes uncontrollable for the paramilitary forces,the military steps in and calms down every time.Apparently that's not India's case.
My question is,India already reached that threshold point,so shouldn't India raise the level of intensity before it spreads or deteriorates further?

I hope this Naxal problem doesn't spread to my country too,we already have some extremist left terrorist in our southern area,which is close to Indian Red corridor and well linked with those in India.
[LEONBLACK08-My question is,India already reached that threshold point,so shouldn't India raise the level of intensity before it spreads or deteriorates further?]

perhaps u want to know whether the armed force will apply or not, if i am right then the ans be till there is no clear decision about it.

The Army cannot be used. The Army cannot be called in for Internal Security purposes. They are not meant to fight their own countrymen, unless there are external factors/people at play.

India has vast paramilitary forces. So far, the govt has used a very small percent of its paramilitary forces to deal with naxals.
The paramilitary forces if mustered and authorized can crush the naxals, but it wont solve the problem.
The naxal problem cannot be dealt with force alone. It needs force with development. Its a socio-economic problem which is leading to naxalism. Killing them wont solve it. A Dual approach is needed.
sir,
i think ur logic is true, but being coming from some maoist area in westbengal i think at first their need some temporary operation to suppress the recent activities of such naxals to sent the devolopement to the real ppl.

Naxals are basically common men who were deprived from the development and fruits of burgeoning Indian economy and to make it worst their lands which are resource rich were taken from them and given to big corporations

When ppl like u sitting in foreign lands stop glorifying and romanticising the violence these ba****ts have let loose....then these Maoists will be defeated..

Last edited:
When ppl like u sitting in foreign lands stop glorifying and romanticising the violence these ba****ts have let loose....then these Maoists will be defeated..

what's wrong hearing from both side and making a neutral stance??

Nope. The army is called in only when there needs to be an immediate deployement to a region, then they move out and paramilitary comes in. This is only when the govt wants to put boots on the ground fast. Otherwise its the paramilitary only. They are well equipped to fight, but not to move fast.

They are raising it, though in a cautious manner. The government cannot clearly say that Maoists are the enemy. A vast number of people-influential and otherwise think that using all out force on Naxals is completely wrong and will fight tooth and nail against such a move. This is not even counting the left parties.

So an all encompassing fight cannot be fought against the Naxals. Furthermore, there is truth in their arguments. The naxals are primarily tribals and poor people whose have been completely neglected by the state. Corporations especially mining corps have taken over their lands and forests and their only source of livelihood was taken.

You can crush those who fight, but unless you remove the source of the problem, it will definitely come back.

So keeping all this in mind, the govt has increased the offensive, they plan to use more force with more development.

It depends. The left believes in and uses class struggle strategy-it completely discards religious overtones. BD is very different from India. Islam occupies centerstage. I think they will have difficulties in gaining hold in BD easily. They will have to modify their regular plans in favour of BD specific conditions.

However, if India is unable to stop this movement, then it will definitely try and spread in BD as well.

I think both Army and Airforce chief reluctant to involve army in these, if army is involved the collateral damage will be huge, making the people living there more rebellious to GOI and army, which must not be happened. Development is the only key.

Back
Top Bottom