What's new

NATO tankers set to fire in Pakistan after attack

its first time in last 9 year i think they torch it right.yes they done good job

Good protest by Shikarpuries, every pakistan is great defender of Pakistan, burn more and destroy dronz.

:pakistan: :devil: :sniper:

Why are angry people labelled 'extremists' when they do these things?

It's about damn time they sent a message to NATO!

Wow, I am surprised. ALL Pakistanis on this thread are unequivocally cheering the burning of those trucks! This shows Pakistani sentiment against the war. I think you guys must put pressure on the political establishment to get out of this war altogether. Burning a few trucks here and there is going to worsen things, they will retaliate against Pakistan itself!

After yesterday attack i say take all the good and burn few trucks and say that all got burned......No supplies until NATO commander apologize for attacks...Guarantee no more attack in future...Those who are responsible of attack should be handed over to Pakistan for interrogation.

☪☪☪☪;1172046 said:
Good Work.

good work!!! superb work burn all trucks and everything of NATO and USA in Pakistan!!! GG

burn them wherever u find them ... Time to get tough with thugs ... Their dollars don't help common Pakistanis anyway . If they kill our citizens (read: innocent until proven guilty) if we can't kill them we must atleast make their life miserable .

Good protest by Shikarpuries, every pakistan is great defender of Pakistan, burn more and destroy dronz.

:pakistan: :devil: :sniper:

its first time in last 9 year i think they torch it right.yes they done good job

Why are angry people labelled 'extremists' when they do these things?

It's about damn time they sent a message to NATO!

Illogical, senseless, irrational chest thumping out of nothing but jingoistic nationalism. The attackers had fricking rocket launchers. They weren't locals doing some action-movie-hero-ghairat-jaag-gayi revenge. They were militants. And militants in Shikarpur should shock you as to how they reached there.

One word for all ghairat-brigade : Morons.

Bad move.Burning will only ensure that US will play even more hardball and strike Pakistan even more.It may even affect the aid to Pakistan

oh we can live with that cuz only our politician can fill there stomach with that much aid not us, and also dont worry we wont hurt US until they dont do anything stupid again:lol:

Illogical, senseless, irrational chest thumping out of nothing but jingoistic nationalism. The attackers had fricking rocket launchers. They weren't locals doing some action-movie-hero-ghairat-jaag-gayi revenge. They were militants. And militants in Shikarpur should shock you as to how they reached there.

So what should we do then , they don't give a damn about our parliaments unanimous resolutions lambasting such violations . Only measure left after this incident is to actually shoot down a NATO chooper using SAM or aerial engagement .
I have one concern though Shikarpur is in Sindh and NATO is already suspicious of South Punjab , this incident might strengthen their notions of Taliban spread into South east of Pakistan as well ... next drone strike might be in urban Karachi.

Frustration removed, but this move is definitely going to hurt Pakistan in the long run.

though i don't support such actions but NATO killed 3 uniformed Pakistani soldiers, how could they mistake them for Militants? Especially with their advanced equipment!

And this isn't the first time NATO killed Pakistani soldiers, the last time such and incident took place 7 Pakistani soldiers were killed by our Allies across the border!

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Last edited by a moderator:
Militants set NATO trucks ablaze in Pakistan - World news - South and Central Asia - Pakistan - msnbc.com

Suspected militants in southern Pakistan set ablaze a convoy of at least 27 trucks carrying fuel for U.S. and NATO troops in Afghanistan on Friday, officials said, a day after three soldiers were killed in a cross-border NATO air strike.

The attack followed the Pakistani government's decision to shut a vital border crossing in apparent protest of the NATO incursion, and further underscored the risks posed to Western forces who rely heavily on land routes in Pakistan to supply their troops.

The tankers likely were headed to a second crossing that has remained open and it was not immediately clear if they had been rerouted because of the closure.
Video: Pakistan blocks NATO trucks after deadly strike (on this page)

Pakistan is a crucial ally for the United States in its efforts to stabilize Afghanistan, but analysts say border incursions and disruptions in NATO supplies underline growing tensions in the relationship.

A senior Pakistani intelligence official said the border incursions could lead to a "total snapping of relations."

Senior local officials blamed "extremists" for the attack on the tankers in the southern town of Shikarpur.

About 12 people, their faces covered, opened fire with small arms in the air to scare away the drivers and then set fire to the tankers.

"Some of them have been completely destroyed and others partially. But there is no loss of human life," Shikarpur police chief Abdul Hameed Khoso told Reuters.

Police arrested 10 people after the attack, including five netted from a raid on an Islamic seminary, or madrassa, a senior police official said.

The tankers were parked at a gas station on their way to Afghanistan from Pakistan's southern port city of Karachi.
Story: Pakistan blocks NATO trucks after deadly strike

Nisar Ahmed, a police official from Shikarpur, told The Associated Press that the tankers were heading to Quetta, a major city in the southwest.

Bottleneck
From there, they likely would have used the Chaman border crossing.

Chaman remains open, unlike the Torkham border crossing, which Pakistan ordered closed to NATO trucks Thursday.

Chaman has seen fewer attacks than Torkham, but the shutting of one point of entry to Afghanistan creates a bottleneck militants can easily exploit.

Militants and ordinary criminals frequently attack NATO supply trucks as they travel across Pakistan to landlocked Afghanistan.

U.S. and NATO move the vast majority of their non-lethal supplies through Pakistan, but have long insisted the attacks have had relatively little impact.

Recent alleged NATO helicopter intrusions on Pakistani soil have raised tensions, however. On Thursday, Pakistan said two NATO choppers fired on one of its border posts in the northwest's Kurram tribal region, killing three Pakistani soldiers.

It closed the Torkham border crossing, which connects Afghanistan to Pakistan's Khyber tribal region, soon after news of the attack emerged.

NATO said its helicopters entered Pakistani airspace and hit a target only after receiving ground fire. The alliance expressed condolences to the families of the soldiers and said both nations would investigate the incident.
Slideshow: Pakistan: A nation in turmoil (on this page)

Meanwhile, NBC News reported that three people were seriously injured when a United Nations' aid helicopter made a "hard landing" in southern Sind Province.

The aircraft "made a forced landing in Dadu near a lake, part of it touched the water ... and had to make a forced landing," World Food Programme spokesperson Amjad Jamal told NBC News.

He said there were 10-12 people on board and that they were supplying food to flood victims.

NBC News, The Associated Press and Reuters contributed to this report.

I wish those were not burnt but rather taken into Pakistan's own custody. After-ll that would be worthy ammunition and militry hardware.

You must also understand the reason behind terrorism. Every militant has a cause. What was the cause of this 'act of terror'? Anger at the US. Perhaps this wouldn't have happened if the government/army's response to the 'friendly fire' was much stronger.

No, I am not shocked* as to how the militants got all the way there. Why? You don't have to be a militant to take it to your own hands.

I would rather make them think of us as enemies rather than allies. Because that is obviously the reality. Are we not a sovereign nation?

*We sindhis are known to be lazy, so it was surprising that we did something, unless of course the militants are of some other background :lol:

You must also understand the reason behind terrorism. Every militant has a cause. What was the cause of this 'act of terror'? Anger at the US. Perhaps this wouldn't have happened if the government/army's response to the 'friendly fire' was much stronger.

I dont know how many of you read Issac Asimov, but quoting one of my fav lines from his books

"Violence is the last resort of the Incompetent"

No, I am not shocked* as to how the militants got all the way there. Why? You don't have to be a militant to take it to your own hands.

I would rather make them think of us as enemies rather than allies. Because that is obviously the reality. Are we not a sovereign nation?

*We sindhis are known to be lazy, so it was surprising that we did something, unless of course the militants are of some other background :lol:

Militants have been looting and burning goods convoy for years. Stop sympathizing with their cause.

Back
Top Bottom