What's new

NATO copter downed; Navy SEALs among the 30 U.S. dead

I accept that any loss of life is sad. But we must remember that a loss of a muslims life is no less sad. Why is it that prixx like

"the president of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan expresses his sympathy and deep condolences to US President Barack Obama and the family of the victims," the statement from President Karzai said

Yea we have people dieing as result of drone strikes often innocent hardly anyone makes a big deal about it. these so called soldiers chose to join the american army which was sent by americans to kill muslims. Why then should we value their life more than innocent drone victims.

It is now clear that if the americans did kill Osama by their own admission they admit they killed an unarmed individual. This was murder and carried out by these same special forces, live by sword die by the sword i say.

just heard on Geo that the navy seals who were involved in OBL raid were on that chopper..

Now this begs a big question on the credibility on the operation geronemo..

here is another link to this news..

31 US troops killed as helicopter goes down - World news - South and Central Asia - Afghanistan - msnbc.com

KABUL, Afghanistan — President Barack Obama said Saturday that the deaths of Americans in a helicopter crash in Afghanistan are a reminder of the "extraordinary" price the U.S. military is paying in the decade-long Afghan war.

A military helicopter was shot down in eastern Afghanistan, killing 31 U.S. special operation troops, most of them from the elite Navy SEALs unit that killed al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden, along with seven Afghan commandos. It was the deadliest single incident for American forces in the decade-long war. How many actually participated in the bin Laden raid was not known.
U.S. officials believe that none of those who died in the crash had participated in the bin Laden raid, although they were from the same unit that carried out that mission, two officials told The Associated Press. They spoke about matters of military security on condition of anonymity.

Obama, who learned of the incident at Camp David, issued a statement saying his thoughts and prayers go out to the families of those who perished. The White House had no comment about the details of who died or what happened.

"Their deaths are a reminder of the extraordinary sacrifices made by the men and women of our military and their families, including all who have served in Afghanistan," the president said. "We will draw inspiration from their lives, and continue the work of securing our country and standing up for the values that they embodied."

Obama said he also mourned the loss of seven Afghans "who died alongside our troops in pursuit of a more peaceful and hopeful future for their country."

National security adviser Tom Donilon first notified Obama of the incident shortly after 8 p.m. ET Friday. The president spoke again to Donilon later Friday night and received a paper briefing both that evening and Saturday morning.

Obama issued his written statement just shy of 10 a.m. Saturday. A half-hour later, Obama, at Camp David, was briefed via conference call by Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, White House chief of staff Bill Daley, Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Adm. Mike Mullen, Donilon and members of the president's national security staff.

One source said the team was thought to include 22 SEALs, three Air Force air controllers, seven Afghan Army troops, a dog and his handler, and a civilian interpreter, plus the helicopter crew.

The sources thought this was the largest single loss of life ever for SEAL Team Six, known as the Naval Special Warfare Development Group.

A brief statement from the presidential palace said the helicopter had crashed in central Wardak province, an area west of Kabul. The volatile region is known for its strong Taliban presence.

Afghan President Hamid Karzai "shared his deep sorrow and sadness" with U.S. counterpart Barack Obama and the families of the U.S. and Afghan victims, the statement said.

The Taliban claimed to have shot down the troop-carrying Chinook helicopter during a firefight. The Islamist group also said in a statement that eight insurgents had been killed in the battle.

NBC News quoted a Taliban spokesman as claiming the U.S. troops were attacking a compound that was housing militants when the aircraft was brought down. However, the Taliban has been known to make exaggerated claims in the past.

what were so many SEALs doing there? I though they always remained in their home base?

Why is it that everyone talks about american deaths but not muslim. headlines say 31 Americans what about 7 afghans.

Why is it that everyone talks about american deaths but not muslim. headlines say 31 Americans what about 7 afghans.

The Afghan fighters & the Afghan government is futile, as they pretty much just follow the orders of the US & the international forces, & have no credibility or legitimacy in the eyes of the Afghan people. This is death in the call of duty, losses are anticipated & part of everything, & people have to accept that before taking on missions like these.

Alhamdulillah ... More such incidences should happen ...

Like after 6 nuke laden cruises "Accidentally" flew from Minot Airbase to Barksdale, 7-8 of crew members who worked on either of that base died in "ACCIDENTS" ... similarly, if news posted above is true that these 31 who died took part in so-called OBL raid, & since that was a staged-play so all those who had inside knowledge had to be "eliminated", then it was definitely CIA or private contractors who simply wiped the all those front-line crew who had insider information...

& then appearance of Obama on TV especially on this incidence was necessary to add credibility to story that insurgents shot-down that plane, NOT the zionist-controlled CIA/Contractors ...

The Afghan fighters & the Afghan government is futile, as they pretty much just follow the orders of the US & the international forces, & have no credibility or legitimacy in the eyes of the Afghan people. This is death in the call of duty, losses are anticipated & part of everything, & people have to accept that before taking on missions like these.

Yea but my point is why is it american dead always get so many headlines and world leaders saying how sad it is. I mean karzai hardly comments on innocent muslim victims of american war on terror,

Now lets dump their roting-filtthy-dead bodies into the sea IMMEDIATELY ...
& then ... & then ... I'll announce that I'll go on scuba-diving mission to find-out those dead bodies ... OK

Yea but my point is why is it american dead always get so many headlines and world leaders saying how sad it is. I mean karzai hardly comments on innocent musslim victims of american war on terror,

Guess who's running Afghanistan? It's not the Afghans. There is practically no Afghan government.

"Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." The Holy Bible

Is it not a fact that the CIA albeit indirectly,funded and trained the Mujahideen fighters in the application of stinger missiles against the erstwhile Soviet Union's choppers and even fighter jets? And now you wonder how they metamorphosed into such great shooters of helicopters like Chinooks?It's because Americans friggin taught them how to shoot them down!

On a side-note,Why are Pakistanis feeling so mournful on this development?So easy to forget all the civilian causalities that the American drones are claiming till this date?I recall this saying from when I was back in India,"laaton ke bhoot batoon se nahin mante"(hope I got that right)

My earnest apologies to all if you think I'm being insensitive but I felt this needed to be said.

"Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." The Holy Bible

Is it not a fact that the CIA albeit indirectly,funded and trained the Mujahideen fighters in the application of stinger missiles against the erstwhile Soviet Union's choppers and even fighter jets? And now you wonder how they metamorphosed into such great shooters of helicopters like Chinooks?It's because Americans friggin taught them how to shoot them down!

On a side-note,Why are Pakistanis feeling so mournful on this development?So easy to forget all the civilian causalities that the American drones are claiming till this date?I recall this saying from when I was back in India,"laaton ke bhoot batoon se nahin mante"(hope I got that right)

My earnest apologies to all if you think I'm being insensitive but I felt this needed to be said.

So these soldiers dying will punish the people who started this war? How much do you think the American political elite cares about dead soldiers?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom