What's new

Naswarville

Status
Not open for further replies.
I has asked a question....:(

Ah; you mean about Displacement? Quite overlooked that.
OK; here goes:
Light Displacement: is just the weight of the Warship as it is just the Steel used in its construction with all its fixed fittings and appliances w/out crew, their effects, stores and provisions, fuel and ammo.
Standard Displacement: came into vogue by a Naval Treaty in the 1920s (between the wars, and it was a sore point for Nazi Germany who mis-represented their figures when they re-armed pre WW2 to construct their Warships) SD- wt of ship (and fittings and appliances) +Crew+ stores+ammo+any other things to be fully operational. But does not include the fuel. Its technical in its usage.
Full Load Displacement: displacement of the Warship as readied to go to combat in all respects. In case of the Carrier, will include the wight of the aircraft and all their eqpt and ammo as well as their fuel etc.

What you feed your 3 kittens the hunted birds????:bad:

I am a vegetarian.....never speak such things infront of me .....i hate to see blood.:girl_wacko:

I once partially butchered my own goat on Eid ! :)

The blood splatter ruined my shirt & the goat's kick nearly removed the actual butcher of his eye ! :fie:

Never did it since then ! :unsure:

Yes I do owe you a rather large post/answer...all in good time.

RWR- radar warning receiver? What question?

Tidying up behind myself, everyday brings a few more trolls to the forum and a few more incorrect notions- I attempt to tackle the former and dispel the latter- it is tiring.

How goes life on your end?

Im doing quite well, enjoying life to fullest and trying to come to par with studies, as i skipped 2 months of college.

@KRAIT what happened to IFA website and are you in Jaipur at the moment?

I once partially butchered my own goat on Eid ! :)

The blood splatter ruined my shirt & the goat's kick nearly removed the actual butcher of his eye ! :fie:

Never did it since then ! :unsure:

omg.gif

How old were you then??

what is its reaction when it detects a radar frequency ??? how much time does it take to mach the detected frequency to the radars known to it ??? and what are AESA radar's elements ????

Depends upon the RWR in question and whether it is DFRM enabled or not. Typically it provides adequate time to employ countermeasures, paired with a jammer it can degrade or interfere with the operations of certain radars or radar guided systems (most jammers can only operate against AC FCRs or the missile's active seeker unless its a dedicated jamming pod like the EL/L-8251 which has the sufficient power and features to dick with larger ground based radars that comprise an ADGE or something akin to the more advanced SPECTRA which can operate like a dedicated jamming pod but is contained within the platform itself ergo the necessity for dedicated pods is reduced).

AESA elements- you are referring to the TRMs which constitute the antenna/front end of an AESA radar- they are transmitter receiver modules based on MMICs and solid state tech. Had posted a very large post on the technical features and attributes of TRMs and AESA radars, even better Gambit provided far more insight on the Indian Space Capabilities thread.

omg.gif

How old were you then??

17 or 16 I think ! :undecided:

Depends upon the RWR in question and whether it is DFRM enabled or not. Typically it provides adequate time to employ countermeasures, paired with a jammer it can degrade or interfere with the operations of certain radars or radar guided systems (most jammers can only operate against AC FCRs or the missile's active seeker unless its a dedicated jamming pod like the EL/L-8251 which has the sufficient power and features to dick with larger ground based radars that comprise an ADGE or something akin to the more advanced SPECTRA which can operate like a dedicated jamming pod but is contained within the platform itself ergo the necessity for dedicated pods is reduced).

AESA elements- you are referring to the TRMs which constitute the antenna/front end of an AESA radar- they are transmitter receiver modules based on MMICs and solid state tech. Had posted a very large post on the technical features and attributes of TRMs and AESA radars, even better Gambit provided far more insight on the Indian Space Capabilities thread.

Bakwaaaas Kar Rahaa Haiii...you don't the first thing about these things & you're just using these acronyms to scare the poor fellow ! :P

Ah; you mean about Displacement? Quite overlooked that.
OK; here goes:
Light Displacement: is just the weight of the Warship as it is just the Steel used in its construction with all its fixed fittings and appliances w/out crew, their effects, stores and provisions, fuel and ammo.
Standard Displacement: came into vogue by a Naval Treaty in the 1920s (between the wars, and it was a sore point for Nazi Germany who mis-represented their figures when they re-armed pre WW2 to construct their Warships) SD- wt of ship (and fittings and appliances) +Crew+ stores+ammo+any other things to be fully operational. But does not include the fuel. Its technical in its usage.
Full Load Displacement: displacement of the Warship as readied to go to combat in all respects. In case of the Carrier, will include the wight of the aircraft and all their eqpt and ammo as well as their fuel etc.

How can the Kitty Hawk ACs weigh 62000 tons at light displacement and then jump up to 80000+ tons when fully loaded? Even with a 100 air-crafts, the crew and the fuel a 20000 ton addition seems a bit boggling, no?

17 or 16 I think ! :undecided:

Bakwaaaas Kar Rahaa Haiii...you don't the first thing about these things & you're just using these acronyms to scare the poor fellow ! :P

TRM- Transmit receiver module a.k.a Transmit/receive module.
DRFM- Digital radio frequency memory
MMIC- Monolithic Microwave Integrated Circuit

I am being concise, I have provided more detailed expalantions in the past but it is rather taxing, visit the MMRCA thread or the Indian Space Capabilities thread or a certain thread on Korean TRMs opened by a poster called He-man or another thread opened by the same poster titled My problem with the Rafale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom