What's new

Naswarville

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Dillinger

Yara i heard that IA's capability to move it's troops is pretty slow these days ...... in 65 and 71 our infantries used to move on-foot, perhaps because it took some time to clear the area but in these modern times when fast and massive air support will be used to clear out the area , how does IA plans to move its troops ?????

@Oscar perhaps you can answer my question ??? :undecided:

@Dillinger

Yara i heard that IA's capability to move it's troops is pretty slow these days ...... in 65 and 71 our infantries used to move on-foot, perhaps because it took some time to clear the area but in these modern times when fast and massive air support will be used to clear out the area , how does IA plans to move its troops ?????

@Oscar perhaps you can answer my question ??? :undecided:

Was slow, depends on which formation you're talking about..the Strike corps are fully mechanized so they are rather quick (since they are meant to thrust into Pakistan with speed, even since the notion of TNWs being used has arisen the focus on speedy mobilization has started showing its true results, try using a TNW if we can simply hop over to a place like the Marala headworks and sit down)..the mountain strike corps depend upon organic air lift elements- so again very mobile, now we have three airborne brigades coming up and thankfully the associated lifting capability is already there. But the holding corps are severely short on battle taxis and that is one of the primary areas in which India and the US are looking for a collaborative effort. The conversion to RAPID for greater mobility was a result of the 02 and 08 buildups and the consequent experience...all the strike corps have already re-organized their infantry regiments to RAPIDs and tested out the mobility..they were pleased.

That's the short of it.

Last edited:
Was slow, depends on which formation you're talking about..the Strike corps are fully mechanized so they are rather quick (since they are meant to thrust into Pakistan with speed, even since the notion of TNWs being used has arisen the focus on speedy mobilization has started showing its true results, try using a TNW if we can simply hop over to a place like the Marala headworks and sit down)..the mountain strike corps depend upon organic air lift elements- so again very mobile, now we have three airborne brigades coming up and thankfully the associated lifting capability is already there. But the holding corps are severely short on battle taxis and that is one of the primary areas in which India and the US are looking for a collaborative effort. The conversion to RAPID for greater mobility was a result of the 02 and 08 buildups and the consequent experience...all the strike corps have already re-organized their infantry regiments to RAPIDs and tested out the mobility..they were pleased.

That's the short of it.
your standard brigade consists of how many men ????

So what transport are you using for those 3 airborne brigades ????

They have 6 hercs, about 100 (both organic and those attached to them from the IAF) plus helos for heliborne assault..AND obviously the C-17s..add to that all the An-32s which have been refurbished (100 plus)..so they have the resources they need..with the addition of the MTAs and the Chinooks they will be able to move around their own artillery elements too. But so far no CAB so no heli-assault expect for one of the brigades out of the three.

They have 6 hercs, about 100 (both organic and those attached to them from the IAF) plus helos for heliborne assault..AND obviously the C-17s..add to that all the An-32s which have been refurbished (100 plus)..so they have the resources they need..with the addition of the MTAs and the Chinooks they will be able to move around their own artillery elements too. But so far no CAB so no heli-assault expect for one of the brigades out of the three.
9000 flying men in hostile airspace ......... hmmmmmmm :rolleyes1:

9000 flying men in hostile airspace ......... hmmmmmmm :rolleyes1:

Along with DEAD/SEAD optimized MKIs, Darin-3s. They'll do the job, why else do you think even the Chinese are rushing towards air mobility at break neck speed and that too with a full compliment of 15000 plus airborne troops- that number will double at the end of this decade or the middle of the next.

Its a mobile fist much like the SPB which has now been raised by the IN and will in due course be equipped with their own amphibious assault ships. Need not worry though, the airborne are not meant for you folks..the Strike corps will suffice for that..the jumpers are meant for power projection in the greater IOR and SEA region.

Along with DEAD/SEAD optimized MKIs, Darin-3s. They'll do the job, why else do you think even the Chinese are rushing towards air mobility at break neck speed and that too with a full compliment of 15000 plus airborne troops- that number will double at the end of this decade or the middle of the next.

Its a mobile fist much like the SPB which has now been raised by the IN and will in due course be equipped with their own amphibious assault ships. Need not worry though, the airborne are not meant for you folks..the Strike corps will suffice for that..the jumpers are meant for power projection in the greater IOR and SEA region.
I'm not worried my friend .... unlike other forces, Pakistan Army is not made up of green boys. we are fighting wars for nearly 66 years. our enemy's lands will not grow grass for a century in case of any misadventure. ;)

btw our strike corps is not asleep :P

I'm not worried my friend .... unlike other forces, Pakistan Army is not made up of green boys. we are fighting a wars for nearly 66 years. our enemy's lands will not grow grass for a century in case of any misadventure. ;P

btw our strike corps is not asleep :P

Indeed, you bank too much on the notion of smiting folks with nukes- that is not what has kept you safe so far though nor will it forever..even as the dynamics change Pakistan seems to be bogged into the old structures it has created..I will leave you with one thought..all that you have been told will happen in the short and the medium term wrt where Pakistan will end up- It's going to turn out to be untrue. Grand strategy has been the Achilles heel of the PA, always raining in on the brilliant tactical maneuverings. But that's for another day. No one is attacking you anytime soon that's for sure..at least WE are not going to attack you.

Indeed, you bank too much on the notion of smiting folks with nukes- that is not what has kept you safe so far though nor will it forever..even as the dynamics change Pakistan seems to be bogged into the old structures it has created..I will leave you with one thought..all that you have been told will happen in the short and the medium term wrt where Pakistan will end up- It's going to turn out to be untrue. Grand strategy has been the Achilles heel of the PA, always raining in on the brilliant tactical maneuverings. But that's for another day. No one is attacking you anytime soon that's for sure..at least WE are not going to attack you.
Let me also leave you with a thought ..... India never starts a war .... so we'll continue our nuclear blackmail until we can be your match in a conventional war.

Let me also leave you with a thought ..... India never starts a war .... so we'll continue our nuclear blackmail until we can be your match in a conventional war.

That's the catch..you can never match us. You forget that your nuclear balckmail has earned you nothing but cost you more than it has cost us. 
@RAMPAGE go to the "western criticism" thread in the Indian defense section..:rofl:

That's the catch..you can never match us. You forget that your nuclear balckmail has earned you nothing but cost you more than it has cost us.
don't be so sure of yourself ...... with huge mineral resources Pakistan has the ability to become a mini superpower if we get a sincere leadership. the proven gold & copper reserves in chaghi alone are worth trillions of $$$ !!!

don't be so sure of yourself ...... with huge mineral resources Pakistan has the ability to become a mini superpower if we get a sincere leadership. the gold & copper in chaghi alone are worth trillions !!!

Yes yes, with a huge youth population and a good leadership India can become a knowledge based 10 trillion dollar plus economy IF only we had better leadership- doesn't work that way. Both India and Pakistan are under-performing nations and will remain under-performing nations for a long time to come till the structural and societal malice which afflicts them is rectified. Otherwise its a shame..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom