What's new

Naswar Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
It was originally used, to bust tanks during WWII & @Xeric can explain how reconciles it really is.

Normally an artillery field gun takes a 105 mm round, now compare the size of field gun (artillery) and this baby which takes a 106mm round (infact it also takes a 105 mm round - nomenclature was changed to differentiate it from its previous version)....a hell lotta difference. It's because an artillery gun has to recoil, whereas this dont. As visible in the pic there is no recoil mechanism on this rifle, instead it has an 'open' breach from where the combustion gases escapes at hih speed, which is known as 'back blast'. For the ease of comprehension consider it as your fart, only this one being strong enough to kill a man who is sitting directly behind it, and hence the firer sits on a side.

Now the benefit of having such a thing which can fire the same kind ammo as a field gun would do but without the hassle of a recoil mechanism (huge addition in weight, lower carriage, technicalities of nitrogen gas and oil in the recuperator cylinders - those which absorb the recoil etc) is that it is highly mobile. A guud soldier can carry it in case of emergency and shift places once he has been spotted after a tank has been missed, though these are normally jeep mounted.

It's an old vintage weapon, but then we cant afford TOWs for everyone :)

RPG's range is quite lesser than the RR (you dont need to know the ranges). Also, because of the spotter rifle attached to this RR (which can fire a 0.50 calibre ammo that would give a bit of smoke on impact and thus you know where you are aiming at), the RR is more accurate and lethal than a RPG. RPG is a man portable weapon, this is not.

aur koi larta naee ..iss liye armstrong se larty hun:D ...btw how r u ...??:)

im dudine :D

Bachara @Armstrong masoom hai isliye. Good you, dudine huh learn new things everyday. :cheesy:

You've gotta love the American spirit of cheering almost anything.

Americans are the kindest people on this planet, from the most donations for every cause to countless other things they just get a bad rep from foreigners because of government policies. If you came to America the common white folk here would treat you better than the Arabs would in some place like SA.

Bachara @Armstrong masoom hai isliye. Good you, dudine huh learn new things everyday. :cheesy:

Americans are the kindest people on this planet, from the most donations for every cause to countless other things they just get a bad rep from foreigners because of government policies. If you came to America the common white folk here would treat you better than the Arabs would in some place like SA.

Yeah, I agree.

Even Britain and most European countries, the people are not as racist as some people think.

Yeah, never liked Arabs.

Salam Naswar Corner
@Armstrong be giving me :kiss3: after i demoted him so he can have a free hand in discussions.

Also i have yet to try @Marshmallow they are all haram over here.

Time to promote @Secur... carries the hallmark of a great debater. :agree:

Make @Armstrong part of "Cool-down" team, a new thing... he is a friendly, very nice person who can stop a debate from turning ugly. I will put my advice in the suggestions.

Some debates actually end with people calling others maa, behen ki galiyan. A few jabs here and there don't hurt as I personally really enjoy them.

Also don't tell me nuclear pak is the only mod around... and hey i asked you some questions Webbie... u ran away without answering fully. :angry:

im dudine :D

:fie: :fie:

Can anyone tell me the purpose of naswar corner!

Time to promote @Secur... carries the hallmark of a great debater. :agree:

Make @Armstrong part of "Cool-down" team, a new thing... he is a friendly, very nice person who can stop a debate from turning ugly. I will put my advice in the suggestions.

Some debates actually end with people calling others maa, behen ki galiyan. A few jabs here and there don't hurt as I personally really enjoy them.

Also don't tell me nuclear pak is the only mod around... and hey i asked you some questions Webbie... u ran away without answering fully. :angry:

:fie: :fie:
@Secur ka kuch kerna perhe ga.

Aaj kal sare mods busy hein

Can anyone tell me the purpose of naswar corner!

You are the purpose my friend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom