What's new

Naswar Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Party after nikkah(marriage).

loo baghai uncle ab koi thank bi ni karray ga naswar corner main...:p
mogain marro ab...:D

Uncle ji.........oh sorry @Gentelman uncle ji thanks for your free fund advice....

cute_baby1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@KRAIT

Let's continue with the discussion here, bro.

I don't have any publications but prior research experience in assisting professors in the synthesis and characterization of compound semiconductor.

Aand all my referees are having PhDs, and one is the Principal and H.O.D of my department.

UT Arlington EE department pre-requisite, satisfying all their criteria plus decent LORs.

http://grad.pci.uta.edu/about/catalog/current/schools/engineering/electrical/

@KRAIT
Let's continue with the discussion here, bro.
I don't have any publications but prior research experience in assisting professors in the synthesis and characterization of compound semiconductor.
Aand all my referees are having PhDs, and one is the Principal and H.O.D of my department.
First and foremost thing. Make a good synopsis of your reasearch work and if you are interested in this particular synthesis type of research, search professors around the world.

One thing keep in mind, even if your University is not well know but your professor is.

The refree should know you personally. See anyone can write about your grades, examination etc. but reco also includes your character, your work ethics, efficiency, presence of mind, hard work ability, communication skills. Many of these aspects should be mentioned in your reco.

See the point of referee and reco is that a student may lie but since any Prof. won't generally lie about his student if he don't know him, he might give a typical technical reco. For post graduation, Prof. look at other qualities too.

Even if you have one solid reco and 2 so so, is better than 3 good but technical ones. Will be back in 5 mins.
Smoke break. :D

You got any suggestion bro? @Abhishek_
@KRAIT i didn't had much time to interact with professors of my prospective college, as i was struck my a tragedy couple of months ago, and gave GRE just 20 days after that, that's why such a poor score.

Just started applications after Dec 20.

@Marshmallow I think @Rameesh was trying to do this:

black-and-white-cat-trying-to-shake-hands.jpg

Then this happened:
cats-fighting.jpeg

Now this should happen:
funny-pictures-cats-secret-handshake.jpg

@Armstrong went to the gym... oh hes been skipping:

fattest-man-fat-and-weird.jpg

Yup ! They want an apology for us stealing their Jute laden Lungis to build roads in Lahore to whatever we did or did not do in '71 in response to what their 'freedom fighters' did or did not !

And the funny thing is the Punjabi always gets blasted at by them ! :hitwall:

Ayub, Yahya, Niazi & Tikka were 'Pashtun' ! :angel:

Bhutto was a Sindhi ! :blink:

But damn me for ever saying that 'Pashtuns' or 'Sindhis' or 'Punjabis' lost us East-Pakistan; we all - the lot of us - foOked up real bad & the ethnicity or the linguistics of anyone are completely & unequivocally irrelevant.

But if that line of reasoning is ever entertained for a moment - Mein ne kiyaa kiyaaa thaaa...the Punjabi wasn't even there ? :cray:

Why is the Punjabi & Punjab the proverbial pinata to beat up for every ill that every happened in our history ?

Ayub was a hindko speaker. Such characterizations are useless. In our country from personal experience i can say Pashtuns are often, usually on the receiving end especially in current times. Let the others say... don't turn it into a race issue... u can defend your race like everyone else... everyone is doing it... but its much harder to build unity and criticize your race. No one is doing that. Race is in our minds and it just isn't being dislodged.

71 was a collective mistake of the entire society... if we had dum in our ***** we would have protested that bastard bhutto's behavior and his stealing bengali rights. Yahya/Niazi's military strategies were dumb too and both should have been hanged.

As i said i didn't had much time to interact with professors in my field. But 2 LORs are very strong, one from my Digital electronics and Microprocessor professor, cum HOD cum Principal and the other from Electromagnetism Professor. And one was from my 1st year Chemistry professor, PhD in Polymer Chemistry.

Ayub was a hindko speaker. Such characterizations are useless. In our country from personal experience i can say Pashtuns are often, usually on the receiving end especially in current times. Let the others say... don't turn it into a race issue... u can defend your race like everyone else... everyone is doing it... but its much harder to build unity and criticize your race. No one is doing that. Race is in our minds and it just isn't being dislodged.

71 was a collective mistake of the entire society... if we had dum in our ***** we would have protested that bastard bhutto's behavior and his stealing bengali rights. Yahya/Niazi's military strategies were dumb too and both should have been hanged.

Tuu mein ne kiyaa 'Farsi' boliii thiii ! :blink:

As i said i didn't had much time to interact with professors in my field. But 2 LORs are very strong, one from my Digital electronics and Microprocessor professor, cum HOD cum Principal and the other from Electromagnetism Professor. And one was from my 1st year Chemistry professor, PhD in Polymer Chemistry.
krait seems to know more about the reference process than I. i'll let him take the soapbox.

@Hyperion : In all the trolling & small-talk I never got around to asking you - Is your Naswar supply *the one that Aunty got you* still there or did you consume it all ? And how many Turks have you had latched onto Naswar ? :D

Okay, now ask specific question from different aspect of applications.

1. CV - It should be impressive. No lies anywhere.
2. LOR - Will explain more.
3. SOP - Most important part. I suggest one should spent at least 1 month, 1 hr each day for a SOP. It is the real deal. Many friends of mine with high CPA didn't got a single call or if they did they couldn't get scholarship. RA position. And many with similar CPA like yours got easily admitted.

4. Research work - While you contact any prof. send him your work with your prof. It doesn't matter it got published or not. Also prepare the document of research work in Latex or MS Word with International publication standards. Like your field papers get published in IEEE conference and journals. Make a working paper in IEEE format.

Now ask specifically.

krait seems to know more about the reference process than I. i'll let him take the soapbox.
You can suggest Universities, cut off according to GRE, etc. I have not been in touch with recent GRE pattern. I remember from 1600 score POV.

Also tell us the funding from foreign.

Skull, in India according to Prime Minster research scholarship they are offering 50,000 per month stipend for PhD candidates, but only in India.

I will suggest, go for PhD. Professors wants PhD more than anything. And scholarship chances and RA position generally goes to PhD people. Don't compromise on degree and work even if you have to take a break of one year.

If you don't get your fav. unv., take a year off, work as Research associate or Assistant in any company or best is under a Prof, try to publish a conference paper, its damn easy to publish in new conferences.

MS and PhD are vvery important decision. Grabbing whatever you get, may make you regret later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom