What's new

Naswar Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a poster Makhdoom HappyMarks who always used to show up in Saraike Soba threads, haven't seen him since long time - I always used to fight with him but he was good person. Have he changed his ID or stopped posting?

There was a poster Makhdoom HappyMarks who always used to show up in Saraike Soba threads, haven't seen him since long time - I always used to fight with him but he was good person. Have he changed his ID or stopped posting?

You're from what would become Serikistan so you had a vested interest ! :D

Because my mother tongue's Urdu ! Punjabi tou sirf merii Naani boltii hain whilst both of my parents can speak & understand it as good as any native Punjab speaker they didn't pass it on to me or my siblings !

Yaar - Lahoriies ke tu Urdu bhi gulabee hote hai, How you learned Urdu than...

Yaar - Lahoriies ke tu Urdu bhi gulabee hote hai, How you learned Urdu than...

Yaraaa amongst the so-called educated elite Punjabis (not wealthy wise...certainly not so !) the language is dying out because its thought of as being 'paindoo', 'uncouth' & 'uncultured' ! This is so regrettable never mind being nonsensical but it is what it is; at least I can be forgiven that my Dad is a Kashmiri Buttt & my Mom, though being a Punjabi Rajput, is the daughter of a father who, despite being a Punjabi, was brought up in Bijnaur (UP) before his Dad relocated to Lahore. So essentially in my family no one except my Naani speaks Punjabi whilst both my parents could understand it....heck I used to joke with my Dada Abu keh Kashmiri ho kar Koshur (the language of the valley) ka eik lafzzz nahin aataaa but you're fluent in Urdu, Persian, Arabic, Hindko, Pashto, Punjabi, Sereiki & German ! :rofl:

But the sad part is that amongst my friends (ethnic Punjabis through & through) no one could speak Punjabi properly ! Its dying out in the educated circles & by the educated circles I mean those who've been educated as far back as 2 generations back.

That said on my mom's side there was this lady (Mom's auntie) who despite being educated & well-off made a point to not sort of go with the flow & teach everyone of her children, their wives & their children to speak in Punjabi & now even the grand-children's child (a 5 year old) speaks Punjabi better than I do.

I am Turbo charged nationalist, So - I have vested interested in all over Pakistan:pakistan::pakistan:

Lo kar loo baaat....aapp seh ziyaadaa tou Punjabi mein niklaaa - Divide the rest of the Provinces & Punjab - I'm with you ! Divide Punjab only - I'd kill you ! :D

Between Kalabagh Dam & the NFC Award we've compromised enough ! :angry:

Mohabbat ki Kahani me koi Tarmeem Mat Krna,
Mujhe Tm Torr Dena pr Mujhe Taqseem Mat Krna,

Boht Honge Humaray Baad Daawa-e-Mohabbat krne Wale,
Yaad-e-Wafa Rakhna Ksi ko Tasleem Mat Krna,

Agar Lafzon me Aae Nazar Chehra Mera,
Chupke se Choo Lena Magr Toheen Mat Krna….

@Hyperion : What are you're thoughts on Pashtunistan ? And the entire Loy Afghanistan thing ? With the Lar Pashtun & the Bar Pashtun being one people & us being the dhal khor Punjabis ? :undecided:

And don't side-step the question ! :angry:

Mohabbat ki Kahani me koi Tarmeem Mat Krna,
Mujhe Tm Torr Dena pr Mujhe Taqseem Mat Krna,

Boht Honge Humaray Baad Daawa-e-Mohabbat krne Wale,
Yaad-e-Wafa Rakhna Ksi ko Tasleem Mat Krna,

Agar Lafzon me Aae Nazar Chehra Mera,
Chupke se Choo Lena Magr Toheen Mat Krna….

Ayeee haiii Ghalib ! I knew you were a closet Pakistani ! :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yaraaa amongst the so-called educated elite Punjabis (not wealthy wise...certainly not so !) the language is dying out because its thought of as being 'paindoo', 'uncouth' & 'uncultured' ! This is so regrettable never mind being nonsensical but it is what it is; at least I can be forgiven that my Dad is a Kashmiri Buttt & my Mom, though being a Punjabi Rajput, is the daughter of a father who, despite being a Punjabi, was brought up in Bijnaur (UP) before his Dad relocated to Lahore. So essentially in my family no one except my Naani speaks Punjabi whilst both my parents could understand it....heck I used to joke with my Dada Abu keh Kashmiri ho kar Koshur (the language of the valley) ka eik lafzzz nahin aataaa but you're fluent in Urdu, Persian, Arabic, Hindko, Pashto, Punjabi, Sereiki & German ! :rofl:

But the sad part is that amongst my friends (ethnic Punjabis through & through) no one could speak Punjabi properly ! Its dying out in the educated circles & by the educated circles I mean those who've been educated as far back as 2 generations back.

That said on my mom's side there was this lady (Mom's auntie) who despite being educated & well-off made a point to not sort of go with the flow & teach everyone of her children, their wives & their children to speak in Punjabi & now even the grand-children's child (a 5 year old) speaks Punjabi better than I do.

Yaa - you are right, now our elite is even sidelining Urdu and unfortunately they are trend setters. But still Punjabis has infiltrated in Urdu (specially in Punjab), i think it will survive for decades to come.

I love Punjab and Punjabis, more than any other race within Pakistan!

So any question about Punjabis referred to as Dal-Khor's by ANY Pashtun, I'm gonna take his tongue out and stick it in his *** after cutting it!
@Hyperion : What are you're thoughts on Pashtunistan ? And the entire Loy Afghanistan thing ? With the Lar Pashtun & the Bar Pashtun being one people & us being the dhal khor Punjabis ? :undecided:

And don't side-step the question ! :angry:

Ayeee haiii Ghalib ! I knew you were a closet Pakistani ! :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yaa - you are right, now our elite is even sidelining Urdu and unfortunately they are trend setters. But still Punjabis has infiltrated in Urdu (specially in Punjab), i think it will survive for decades to come.

Oh no doubt about that ! Jinnnii wiii aaandii ehhh...hegaiii apnni bolii eh ! :kiss3:

I love Punjab and Punjabis, more than any other race within Pakistan!

So any question about Punjabis referred to as Dal-Khor's by ANY Pashtun, I'm gonna take his tongue out and stick it in his *** after cutting it!

Abaiii phir goliii kara giyaaa ! :hitwall:

I just added that bit so that I could impress upon you how the Pashtuns are taste-less Dunba Khors whilst we're the Kings of Culinary Cuisine in Pakistan ! :rofl:

Okay sorry...not dumba khors paaar tum looog murghii aur sabziii khateiii hii nahin ho kiyaa ? :blink:

And what about the rest of the question ? The important bit ! I'm not letting you off the hook so easily ! :P

Lo kar loo baaat....aapp seh ziyaadaa tou Punjabi mein niklaaa - Divide the rest of the Provinces & Punjab - I'm with you ! Divide Punjab only - I'd kill you ! :D

Between Kalabagh Dam & the NFC Award we've compromised enough ! :angry:

Where you see me supporting division of Punjab only? I am in favor of dissolving all provinces and making smaller administrative units to make Pakistan more strong, manageable, developed and progressive. I don't remember the exact account (as Hard-Disk fitted in my mind is of low capacity) but the essence is that a firangi once asked Allamah Iqbal that tell something best about managing country from Prophet's (PBUH) teachings and he told that "Make smaller towns/cities" and that man admitted that this is the best thing i have ever learned.

And about NFC Award, I don't mind IF the amount is being spent on development of areas which were ignored in Past and to build Kalabagh Dam we need a true leader who can take decision by ignoring wadairas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom