What's new

Naswar Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok the word was a bit crass!

Yara, I have seen the seepage of "undesired" political agenda, mixed like sugar within the wider message, infect and subdue our society.. maybe the message itself wasn't that corrosive... however..... you know what I mean!

Even the same sect can pick differences within each other if they wish.

No need to be worried.

My attitude towards life is that Allah swt will judge me for my actions.

All I can try to do is help a brother out and tell him the message.

My attitude towards life is that Allah swt will judge me and for my actions.
Dude, I have no worries about your judgements... or about the judgements of people who carry a working head on their shoulders. It becomes a problem, when smaller minds take a message with depth and apply it callously... that is where in-fact sects are created and friction is fueled between them....

I wholeheartedly agree with your statement that, we will be judged on the basis of our capacity to interpret the scripture and it's application in our day to day life...

Then why did we barely managed to get the NWFP...wasn't it a 51-49 split that got us through the referendum !

Yes thereabouts.

More of Tribal leanings than people voting at large. Where people voted - they spoke.

The history of creation of this country is very complex and very interesting indeed.

Variety of forces seeking to do different things for different purposes.

But it came about. And I think it was well worth it.

Majority of Pathans at one time wouldn't speak urdu. Now these people have their foot print all over Pakistan and probably the largest such group spread in the manner all over Pakistan. A very industrious lot indeed. So are the Kashmiri lot - spread all over.

Khochaa phir shuru ho jaiii geiii on about the 'Mehsuds' not being true Pukhtoons & the sort !

I bet Hyperion has a 'Pashto-Urdu Bol Chal' book opened up right now aur asal mein Hindko speaking Pathan from Abottabad hai ! :P

On that note.... @everyone, "elk choondi naswar ki rakho, aur thandd karo"

No more talk abt sects and religion! :D

Yes thereabouts.

More of Tribal leanings than people voting at large. Where people voted - they spoke.

The history of creation of this country is very complex and very interesting indeed.

Variety of forces seeking to do different things for different purposes.

But it came about. And I think it was well worth it.

Majority of Pathans at one time wouldn't speak urdu. Now these people have their foot print all over Pakistan and probably the largest such group spread in the manner all over Pakistan. A very industrious lot indeed. So are the Kashmiri lot - spread all over.

The Kashmiris are nothing but a bunch of sissies who got done over by the Mughals, by the Afghans, by the Dogras & then finally by the Indians ! If they had any iota of practicality to them they would have diverted some of their artisans & craftsmen to the role of a militia.

Even right now many of them *on the other side* would rather see Kashmir independent then side with a country - nay a People - the Pakistanis who sacrificed greatly in 3 wars & numerous skirmishes with India, did enormous damage to our economy because of this perpetual 'state of affairs' & cried ourselves hoarse on every international forum ! And then what...when the moment of truth comes these ingrates talk about 'Independence' ! Haaan hunnn Pakistaniyon ne bohat kuch kiyaa ho gaa paaar hum aur aap eik nahin hain - thats what they're saying through these surveys & our relatives that I've interacted with from the other side of the border !

The sooner Pakistan realizes that you don't sacrifice for a bunch of 'vermin' is the day we'd finally move forward ! Let them get their own freedom - Hamareii sakkeii banteii nahin hain aur hum unkei baan raheii hain !

There was a time when maulvis would be the enlightened, the educated, the doctorate holders.

These days it seems any bum that doesn't want to work becomes one.

@Ticker / @Razi, yaro... my apologies if I hurt anyones sentiments.... the thing is that, talk of any sect pisses me off.... I have studied most of them and have come to a realization that Quran itself is enough of a reference (coupled with history of that time - separation between Makki and Madni ayats) and correlation between ground realities at different times in history..

I am highly suspicious of sects and different hadith which have become a wedge in our religion... as I can not get my mind around anything that is not mentioned in the Book itself... or is mentioned with a fleeting reference.... for example "hijab", mentioned barely THREE times in the Book... and yet, it runs and ruins 80% of our talk time, debating it's pros and cons!

I am a nationalist and a capitalist, and can not stand "greater" political agendas within faith... Ticker you will get where I am going with this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom