What's new

Naswar Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe in God but not so strongly in religion even though I am a Muslim ... I am just not comfortable with an insecure God who takes offense at things ... :)

That sounds like me ! :blink:

One of the questions I'm gonna ask God when I meet him : Waiseee Butt Sahib tussiii vi saiin aaadmii ooohhh...ainaaa ghusaaa ? :lol:

How about Deism ? :tup:

That sounds like me ! :blink:

One of the questions I'm gonna ask God when I meet him : Waiseee Butt Sahib tussiii vi saiin aaadmii ooohhh...ainaaa ghusaaa ? :lol:

How about Deism ? :tup:

That sounds like half of the educated , actually !

Remember the learned mind questions things , far gone are the days when we were made to belief that how this and that was forbidden by the local Mullah ! :D

I am going to ask " Weren't you supposed to be merciful then why was there so much suffering in the world that I just arrived from ? " ...

Seems fine , believe in a single diety ...

You heard of Karl's " Religion is the opiate of the masses " phrase , one who knows the effects of potent opiates knows what he means ...

Lets see where I go from there or whether what I'm talking about is absolute BS or does it have some substance to it ! Lets see...! Its an evolutionary process after all.

:agree:

Your talking crap dude.:rofl:

No but seriously, it's a good point. Without a purpose, everything is pointless. I say we give our own meanings to things. What a horrible notion that all things of importance to us, of our tastes, our smells, our sense of what is right and wrong , were not personal, were not our own but were prescribed within us at birth. So essentially we are but mere actors on a much larger stage.

I have come full circle. As much as I have seen suffering, I have also seen divine mercy.

What have I not , beloved friend ! :) I have carried just too many dead bodies of my relatives to grave , with the clerics asking for God's mercy and saying that he is merciful ! Isn't he who has taken just recently a mother to three of my cousins to him ?

Best Muslim is the one who questions EVERYTHING. I mean EVERYTHING. :enjoy:

Indeed , my friend !

:agree:

Your talking crap dude.:rofl:

No but seriously, it's a good point. Without a purpose, everything is pointless. I say we give our own meanings to things. What a horrible notion that all things of importance to us, of our tastes, our smells, our sense of what is right and wrong , were not personal, were not our own but were prescribed within us at birth. So essentially we are but mere actors on a much larger stage.

Yeah but thats the exact reason it doesn't hold much water for me ! We can't give them meaning or purpose or definition or anything of the sort; men much greater than you & I have tried to define 'good' & 'bad' & have utterly failed throughout recorded history & then there are those who went one step further & tried to define the very building blocks of thought & knowledge & couldn't define them !

Any definition or even any attempt to define these things entails invariably conceptualizing the definition in terms that we can relate to whether in terms of our observations (scientific or otherwise), our subconscious urges or even pure make-belief ! And this would be because we'd be using the same undefinable building blocks of thought & knowledge to define the building blocks of thoughts & knowledge; a rather cyclical & counterproductive exercise. Unless there is something that transcends these limitations in terms of both time & space, I can't imagine how anyone can define any of these things & without defining them - Theres nothing there !

"Free mind" and "God" :rofl:

Do not seem right , right ? :lol: A God who knows what we are going to do , what course of action we will take and yet supposedly saying that we have " free will " ?

Yara, don't know! :blink:

Right now on bed trying to sleep.... :blink:

Thinking about your fiancee ? :)

Try Restoril for a change , the finest we get here :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom