What's new

Naswar Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Armstrong

Dude, the problem here is, we are looking at the argument from two different angles. You are looking at it in the philosophical speculative sense, and I'm looking at it in the realistic worldly sense. So let's slow it down a bit until I've read half as much philosophy as yourself(not read one book to date) and then perhaps I can entertain such discussion, but as you already know, it will still be speculative, and frankly, pointless as no definitive position can ever be constituted.

But I'm curious as to the "we cannot define X phenomena, therefore God is required"(if that's your position), then why the God you have chosen?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Redbull @Armstrong @Talon @Hyperion

You guys having a debate on the existence of " thyself " and the " morals " and " determination of good and evil " should try the " The Mask of Sanity " for an interesting read :) Learn what is " sanity " in the first place ? Have you been defining and thinking it all wrong in the meantime ?

Why Islam and not Hinduism, Christianity, Judaism?

An irrational choice that was borne out of the increasing Islamophobia that I had experienced a few months ago that made me go - FoOk you I'm gonna stick with this ! :kiss3:

But I read the Koran a few times, I've read the Bible & I've read the Bhagvat Gitta - I liked what was said in all of them so in a way I'm trying to find my feet still; I don't pray, it kills me to fast & so you can call me a Muslim out of reaction & perhaps culture ! :D

Khair much of what I said I found these thoughts in the Koran echoed & it sort of appealed to me the most of the lot ! Still a long way to go I suppose to determine which is which & what I'm gonna stick with.

@Armstrong

Dude, the problem here is, we are looking at the argument from two different angles. You are looking at it in the philosophical speculative sense, and I'm looking at it in the realistic worldly sense. So let's slow it down a bit until I've read half as much philosophy as yourself(not read one book to date) and then perhaps I can entertain such discussion, but as you already know, it will still be speculative, and frankly, pointless as no definitive position can ever be constituted.

But I'm curious as to the "we cannot define X phenomena, therefore God is required"(if that's your position), then why the God you have chosen?
I still did not understand which phenomena he is talking about, that can be explained by existance of god. And what is the connection?

I understand the bit which he says .. the fundamental building block of our understanding needs to be found...starting from what is reason.. but how does defining a god help in understanding anything. Its just deferring the question.

An irrational choice that was borne out of the increasing Islamophobia that I had experienced a few months ago that made me go - FoOk you I'm gonna stick with this ! :kiss3:

But I read the Koran a few times, I've read the Bible & I've read the Bhagvat Gitta - I liked what was said in all of them so in a way I'm trying to find my feet still; I don't pray, it kills me to fast & so you can call me a Muslim out of reaction & perhaps culture ! :D

Khair much of what I said I found these thoughts in the Koran echoed & it sort of appealed to me the most of the lot ! Still a long way to go I suppose to determine which is which & what I'm gonna stick with.

So to answer your original query. Please drink yourself dead, Islamist.:D

what does naswar mean. never heard of this

I still did not understand which phenomena he is talking about, that can be explained by existance of god. And what is the connection?

Basically the argument goes,
We cannot define what is right or wrong, therefore God can tell us.
We don't know how the universe, animals etc came into existence, therefore God created them.

And on and on....

Though it is not entirely an absurd line of reasoning, no one is able to define why it's "their God". And their answer to any problem "God" is just as speculative as the questions they are requesting answers for.

Basically the argument goes,
We cannot define what is right or wrong, therefore God can tell us.
We don't know how the universe, animals etc came into existence, therefore God created them.

And on and on....

Though it is not entirely an absurd line of reasoning, no one is able to define why it's "their God". And their answer to any problem "God" is just as speculative as the questions they are requesting answers for.

even if all people have complete agreement about the nature of god (and everything about him/her), still it will be quite lazy just to define an entity(god) to explain a phenomena.
It brings absolutely nothing extra to our understanding, or to what we already know. Should we not wait for better explanation, as historically we found such line of thinking has actually improved our knowledge.

I would prefer to say 'I dont know' ( 'god knows' has exactly same meaning, just an extra entity..)

even if all people have complete agreement about the nature of god (and everything about him/her), still it will be quite lazy just to define an entity(god) to explain a phenomena.
It brings absolutely nothing extra to our understanding, or to what we already know. Should we not wait for better explanation, as historically we found such line of thinking has actually improved our knowledge.

I would prefer to say 'I dont know' ( 'god knows' has exactly same meaning, just an extra entity..)

I'm 100% with you on this. That's why I was curious as to why "Islam"? If we can't understand something, we should stay skeptical.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." And even the basic evidence is lacking.:what:

@Talon sis! Me uncappable of hatred! And i dont focus on anyone besides bro-sis=us and yeah ocassionaly teasin Marsha too!
@Mani2020 and me have some misunderstandings thats all! :cheers: anyways mani if i ever offended you Im sorry
Btw sis for better or worse ,emotions are making me human you knw flesh an blood and nt some blody robot!

Oh nai yar ma tau jst tang krta hun tje,no grudge

@Talon sis! Me uncappable of hatred! And i dont focus on anyone besides bro-sis=us and yeah ocassionaly teasin Marsha too!
@Mani2020 and me have some misunderstandings thats all! :cheers: anyways mani if i ever offended you Im sorry
Btw sis for better or worse ,emotions are making me human you knw flesh an blood and nt some blody robot!

Oh nai yar ma tau jst tang krta hun tje,no grudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom