What's new

Myths about Urdu

Its simple man. The language commonly spoken in indian movies and on the streets now is urdu. Indians just paint it as hindi and then they will come up oh this word is also in hindi vocabulory and so on.

The language spoken on the streets of india is no where close to being Urdu. The language in bollywood films is used purposely to promote indian films in Pakistan and if they use regular indian street languages or even hindi in bollywood films it wouldn't sound beautiful.

Urdu is a beautiful language which is admired by even those who don't speak it.

I'm not being racist, but the accent those dalit people are speaking in is the hindi accent spoken in india.. even low class gypsy people in Pakistan don't spak like this.

You are, especially with that reference to low class gypsy people.
They are not btw speaking, what is commonly understood as Hindi which at its official & public broadcaster level is derived from a dialect used in Benares. No one doubts the beauty of Urdu but to denigrate other languages in promoting it, would be a great disservice to Urdu itself.

You are, especially with that reference to low class gypsy people.
They are not btw speaking, what is commonly understood as Hindi which at its official & public broadcaster level is derived from a dialect used in Benares. No one doubts the beauty of Urdu but to denigrate other languages in promoting it, would be a great disservice to Urdu itself.

we're only trying to prove to you indians that what is spoken on the streets of india by the common man, woman, and child is not Urdu or even close to being Urdu and therefor cannot be called or even be considered Urdu. Unfortunately due to the stubbornness of indian members PakiiZeeshan had to post the youtube video.

we're only trying to prove to you indians that what is spoken on the streets of india by the common man, woman, and child is not Urdu or even close to being Urdu and therefor cannot be called or even be considered Urdu. Unfortunately due to the stubbornness of indian members PakiiZeeshan had to post the youtube video.

you know i know a pakistani muhajir family who speaks in far bigger bihari accent than those people in video... it all depends where people are from.. that is bihari accent.. otherwise to me i dun see any difference in hindi or urdu.. and noo.. i dun speak either language.. but to me both sound same.. i cannot tell who is talking which language.. until you people start taking hardcore old styled.. than forget telling i don't even understand what person is saying no matter hindi or urdu...

Last edited:
And I thought Bengalis are most racist when it comes to language.

Urdu Is No Doubt a Muslim Language. Extremist Hindus are Obsessed with anything and everything Muslim and Pakistani ... Below is a Brief History of Urdu Language ... Weather Indians Admit or keep lieing, where they're good at ... Facts remain the same by the way.

Urdu-Hindi controversy in fact, began in the very days of Sir Syed Ahmad Khan, but its final results were manifested not before his death. Urdu language was introduced in 1825, and since then had constantly been in progress. A good deal of cultural heritage of Muslims was preserved in Urdu literature. For this reason Muslims had developed an emotional attachment to this language. The English people and Hindus, who were bent upon bringing the Muslims low in every walk of life, began to oppose Urdu language under a deliberate scheme of destroying the traces, of Muslim culture in India.

This movement, in its practical form, started when Hindus openly held demonstrations against the Urdu language. They demanded that Urdu should be replaced Hindi as an official language in Deva Nagari script. The anti-Urdu Movement which was first started in Bengal gradually spread in Bihar, U.P. and other parts of India. Hindus did not want that Urdu should be used in courts, public offices and schools. This unjustified opposition to Urdu injured the feelings of Sir Syed who had been a fervent supporter of Urdu language.

Though this opposition in the days of Sir Syed could not cause any serious harm to Urdu language, yet it developed into a formal movement. Two years after the death of Sir Syed (1898), the political life of the Muslims underwent a serious change. In April, 1900, Sir Anthony MacDonald was appointed the Governor of U.P> He was known for his inimical attitude towards Urdu as soon as he took over the charge of his office. Hindus began agitations against Urdu in favor of Hindi and Deva Nagri script. Having impressed by these agitations, the Governor ousted Urdu from public offices. Thus the seventy-five-year history of Urdu as an official language of India came to an end.

you know i know a pakistani muhajir family who speaks in far bigger bihari accent than those people in video... it all depends where people are from.. that is bihari accent.. otherwise to me i dun see any difference in hindi or urdu.. and noo.. i dun speak either language.. but to me both sound same.. i cannot tell who is talking which language.. until you people start taking hardcore old styled.. than forget telling i don't even understand what person is saying no matter hindi or urdu...

This is Urdu:

YouTube - Random

This is Hindi (in a 'decent' Hindi accent):

YouTube - Hindi interview Bhagavat Saptah HH Radha das Govinda Swami

Say that to a Lukhnavi from India and you'll get a lesson in Urdu.

You're right, but unfortunately; that was in the older generations of people from Lucknow. I have extended family in Lucknow, the grandfathers of Lucknow still speak Khaalis Urdu, however, the young generation of people from Lucknow are utterly clueless of the beauty of the language. My cousins from Lucknow mix a lot of English into their Urdu, so I would say what you said is true only for people over their 50's. The kids from Lucknow don't speak pure Urdu, yes their pronunciation is similar to the way Pakistanis pronounce words as compared to Indian Hindus, but the language they speak is littered with English.

Urdu is a beautiful language.

Only Pakistanis can come up with Urdu poetry like this and pronounce the Urdu words perfectly.

YouTube - Good bye Iqbal Bano - Dasht e tanhaii main aye jaan e jahaN

lol.

For Urdu expertise, Pak looks to India - Hindustan Times

Now, three prestigious Pakistani universities have started outsourcing evaluation of dissertations on Urdu literature to Indian experts. The exercise underpins the unusual ways in which the two countries —often tethering on the edge of war — continue to connect. India is where Pakistan’s official
language — Urdu — was born and many of its men of letters had migrated to Pakistan after the Partition, such as Saadat Hassan Manto.

The Karachi University, Qaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad, and the Alama Iqbal National Open University, Karachi, have tied up with Anjuman Taraqqi Urdu-e-Hind (Organisation for Progress of Urdu in India), a 110-year-old Delhi-based institution, to have it examine, guide and assess Pakistani students pursuing M.Phils and PhDs.

Anjuman Taraqqi Urdu-e-Hind has historical linkages with its Pakistani counterpart, Anjuman Taraqqi Urdu-e-Pakistan. The outsourcing is notable, since Pakistan continues to be a chief Urdu-speaking nation, though many ethnic languages abound.

Indian scholars appear so taken in that they wanted to keep the original manuscripts as trophies. Almost taking the cue, the Pakistan universities let them do so.

A section on these dissertations, Gosha-e-Ibne Insha, inside Tarraqui’s Shibli Memorial Library is to be launched by Pakistan’s high commissioner in New Delhi Shahid Malik, on August 6.

The research areas often focus on politics, history, afsana (a fiction genre) and personalities. “The manuscripts give me a unique view of current Pakistani politics and life,” said Khaliq Anjum, an 80-year-old Indian Urdu expert, who heads Tarraqui Urdu.

Indian scholars in demand include S.R. Kidwai and Aslam Parvez. “I think the collaboration shows Pakistani academia’s trust of competency and objectivity of Indian Urdu expertise,” Shibli Memorial Library’s librarian Shahid Khan said.

Back
Top Bottom