What's new

My Work displayed on Airforce HQ in Rawalpindi

Its also possible some kamina insaan from PAF presented this to his seniors as his own work.

Its also possible some kamina insaan from PAF presented this to his seniors as his own work.

Entirely possible. If so, this person should be caught and punished for discrediting the Force.

Hi Admins Mods,

I would reccommend that this thread be closed and DELETED----. Enough has been said against the paf and Vcheng had the oppurtunity to bash it further.

Thanks.

I don't bash PAF :S

@VCheng @MastanKhan @Aeronaut

VCheng actually hijack my thread but maybe his point (for me) is PAF using my work without my approval so its actually called "Copyright violation" as per DRM Rights (Digital Rights Management) artwork steal. Anyway... I have already discussed this matter with PAF officer and he has already apologize on this act and said we don't know from where our IT or promotion department got that poster for printing. I said "I don't have any issue its okay I am also work for military. My point of concern is PAF is a professional organization so before use any artwork or photograph from anywhere for PAF promotion please do some research".

Our debate is over with some good words... :)

Last edited:

@VCheng @MastanKhan @Aeronaut

VCheng actually hijack my threat but maybe his point (for me) is PAF use my work without my approval so its actaully called "Copyright violation" as per DRM Rights (Digital Rights managemnt) artwork steal. Anyway... I have already talk with PAF officer and he already apologize of that act and said we don't know from where our IT or promotion department got that poster. I said "I dont have any issue its okay I am also work for military so no issue but PAF is professional organization so before use any artwork or photograph for PAF promotion please do some research".

Theft is theft, but if they realize their mistake and you are happy with their apology, then I have nothing further to say in this matter.

Theft is theft, but if they realize their mistake and you are happy with their apology, then I have nothing further to say in this matter.

I am not much angry on PAF because after all I support Pakistan Military forces... Anyway....

I am not much angry on PAF because after all I support Pakistan Military forces... Anyway....

Like I said, if you are okay with the theft and apology, then I have nothing further to add.

One must learn how to make a 'rai ka pahaar' from you.

Theft is "rai"? Oh wait, they wear a uniform, so it must be okay?

Seriously though, we must learn to hold our officers to the very high standards that they claim. That is the correct thing to do.

Vcheng , nice to know your professional capability. Every body should respect professionals and their intellectual properties. The diffence in attitude in respecting and rewarding professionals and their creativity distinguishes first and third world. Both of our countries are worst in this area. But if this happens in a respectable Govt organisation, it is a height of ignorace and apathy towards intellectual property and creativity.

Vcheng , nice to know your professional capability. Every body should respect professionals and their intellectual properties. The diffence in attitude in respecting and rewarding professionals and their creativity distinguishes first and third world. Both of our countries are worst in this area. But if this happens in a respectable Govt organisation, it is a height of ignorace and apathy towards intellectual property and creativity.

Thank you for saying that. But since the creator of the work has accepted the apology tendered, the matter is now closed in my view.

Theft is "rai"? Oh wait, they wear a uniform, so it must be okay?

Seriously though, we must learn to hold our officers to the very high standards that they claim. That is the correct thing to do.

The image you are using in your avatar is also 'theft' by your definition. Please stop this ridiculous commentary. That image is a 'free source' which was made by PAF images to begin with, dedicated TO Pakistan Defence and PAF.

The image you are using in your avatar is also 'theft' by your definition. Please stop this ridiculous commentary. That image is a 'free source' which was made by PAF images to begin with, dedicated TO Pakistan Defence and PAF.

The image in my avatar is free to use, unlike the creator here who used several images to create a "derivative work". He also expressly wanted to be compensated for this work, but his image was stolen without permission. Dedication is not permission.
Please get your legal concepts right before you try to discuss this further, if you still want to.

These will help you get started:

http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ14.pdf

Derivative work - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think people in our part of the world don't fully understand the gravity of plagiarism or IPR, thats why we see such a difference in perception between people.

The PAF obviously is derived from similar people hence they may not understand the issue as well.

In any case, as mentioned previously, armed forces are rated by their professionalism and higher moral standards, should have excercised better judgment especially when pointed out.

I think people in our part of the world don't fully understand the gravity of plagiarism or IPR, thats why we see such a difference in perception between people.

The PAF obviously is derived from similar people hence they may not understand the issue as well.

In any case, as mentioned previously, armed forces are rated by their professionalism and higher moral standards, should have excercised better judgment especially when pointed out.

It is only fair to note that the officer concerned has apologized to the creator of the work, and that apology has been accepted. So, in a way, this has led to an improved understanding of the issues involved, at some level, I hope.

VCheng actually hijack my thread but maybe his point (for me) is PAF using my work without my approval so its actually called "Copyright violation" as per DRM Rights (Digital Rights Management) artwork steal. Anyway... I have already discussed this matter with PAF officer and he has already apologize on this act and said we don't know from where our IT or promotion department got that poster for printing. I said "I don't have any issue its okay I am also work for military. My point of concern is PAF is a professional organization so before use any artwork or photograph from anywhere for PAF promotion please do some research".

It is good that it all ended well, sorry for joining the party late, i have seen that poster didnt know you were behind it.....i was not going to say to file a suit or case against them, but you should have asked them to mention your name on poster and given due credit, that was much appropriate, even if pic was taken off the web

vcheng is right, it is theft, because someone designed it and put it up for sale, that makes it copyrighted material,as i said above, if paf wanted to put the poster, they should atleast have mentioned stealth's name for credits.....but now that the owner is on ok terms with paf, there is no issue.......
its simply plagiarism,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom