What's new

My Work displayed on Airforce HQ in Rawalpindi

How predictably ironic.

The ones who wronged the creator of the artwork are regarded as noble, and anyone who objects to this theft is the one regarded as being in the wrong. While you are at it, please give me a negative rating or two, or ask for a ban. :D

No wonder Pakistan is in the state that it is!

Vcheng,

You mentioned 'theft once'---that was fine---but then you kept on it for 20 times more---!!!

I don't bash PAF :S

@VCheng @MastanKhan @Aeronaut

VCheng actually hijack my thread but maybe his point (for me) is PAF using my work without my approval so its actually called "Copyright violation" as per DRM Rights (Digital Rights Management) artwork steal. Anyway... I have already discussed this matter with PAF officer and he has already apologize on this act and said we don't know from where our IT or promotion department got that poster for printing. I said "I don't have any issue its okay I am also work for military. My point of concern is PAF is a professional organization so before use any artwork or photograph from anywhere for PAF promotion please do some research".

Our debate is over with some good words... :)
One point to note. Were all the pictures of the aircraft yours, as in taken by you? Secondly, was any of the material put together copyrighted by you? I think if the answer to either of those is a no, then the content can be reused without permission, at least legally. Perhaps the polite thing would be a courtesy email, if your contact information was available, to you by whosoever took that content.

Aside from that, good work! It helps to project PAF in a better light.

One point to note. Were all the pictures of the aircraft yours, as in taken by you? Secondly, was any of the material put together copyrighted by you? I think if the answer to either of those is a no, then the content can be reused without permission, at least legally. Perhaps the polite thing would be a courtesy email, if your contact information was available, to you by whosoever took that content.

Aside from that, good work! It helps to project PAF in a better light.

No Sir. There is a category called "derivative work" which can use previous material in a way that carries its own copyright. I have provided links above in my reply to @Aeronaut .

Vcheng,

You mentioned 'theft once'---that was fine---but then you kept on it for 20 times more---!!!

Theft remains theft until paid for, or forgiven. It has been forgiven, so it is all good now. :D

No Sir. There is a category called "derivative work" which can use previous material in a way that carries its own copyright. I have provided links above in my reply to @Aeronaut .
I perused that VC. The point still stands that Stealth's work does not have copyrights. He can leverage all of the material from others but until and unless he maintains the copyright to his own work, it can be reused by others. I agree that whosoever took his work should have at least asked and upon refusal not used it as a matter of courtesy, but we cannot suggest this was some sort of an infringement of copyright.

Or are you suggesting "derivative work" by default grants you copyright?

I perused that VC. The point still stands that Stealth's work does not have copyrights. He can leverage all of the material from others but until and unless he maintains the copyright to his own work, it can be reused by others. I agree that whosoever took his work should have at least asked and upon refusal not used it as a matter of courtesy, but we cannot suggest this was some sort of an infringement of copyright.

To be fair Sir, the law in Pakistan may be different, but my understanding is based on International Law in this regard. In any case, like I have said before, an apology was tendered, and it was accepted.

I would also like to point out this fact again: This guy does great graphic work. It would be better to throw more projects his way so that he can earn some money at the same time as serving up great artwork that can be used to goof effect.

Everybody wins!

My designed Airforce poster displayed on Pakistan Airforce HQ Rawalpindi - my name also mentioned in the middle lol but they blur as much as they can lol they used my V1 version with my name in the middle lol

10462414_600978790001217_7793912964551372747_n.jpg

You probably put it there...

Hey, he is the one who made this thread on this forum, and he is the one who was not rewarded when his creative work was used without compensation. Please ask him this question.

Theft is theft. Calling it theft is not Pakistan bashing. It is expecting a higher standard of conduct from PAF Officers.
we should flash their pictures and run a ticker news item.

some one asked Musharraf .. did you not pay your electric bill on the farm?
he replied I am not that petty.. even during my service I didnt steal anything and trying tto default on utility bill is something too trivial and low and people who are responsible to run and look after the property will ensure there is no such thing which gives the vindictive politicians a chance like the Bhotto's minions charged Ch. Fazl Elahi with the theft of a buffalo.

Yes Sir, derivative works carry their form of copyright. At least in International Law.
the only applicable law in Pakistan are Blasphemy law and honor killing law

we should flash their pictures and run a ticker news item.

some one asked Musharraf .. did you not pay your electric bill on the farm?
he replied I am not that petty.. even during my service I didnt steal anything and trying tto default on utility bill is something too trivial and low and people who are responsible to run and look after the property will ensure there is no such thing which gives the vindictive politicians a chance like the Bhotto's minions charged Ch. Fazl Elahi with the theft of a buffalo.

the only applicable law in Pakistan are Blasphemy law and honor killing law

No need to flash any one's picture, the officer concerned has apologized and the apology has been accepted by the creator of the stolen work.

No need to flash any one's picture, the officer concerned has apologized and the apology has been accepted by the creator of the stolen work.
on the different news
regarding the tragedy of Lahore
do you blame it on ISI and Pakistan army and its generals for trying to derail the democracy?or was it Haqqani network and LeT ?

on the different news
regarding the tragedy of Lahore
do you blame it on ISI and Pakistan army and its generals for trying to derail the democracy?or was it Haqqani network and LeT ?

I hope this is not a trap to get me a penalty for going off topic. :D

What happened in Lahore is 100% fault of the civilian authority and the Police. The Army has no blame in this event.
=============================================

Back to the topic, may be @Stealth can make a thread or two teaching the rest of us some pointers about how to create such smashing artwork?

Or are you suggesting "derivative work" by default grants you copyright?

I've already mentioned that the pictures used in my poster are free stock (open source).

Search similar pictures with name on the google and you'll set there is no where mention of any legal copyright reserved by any any person.

Lash out all you want at Hamid Mir, but that was an abdominal brace for support, not a bandage. The bandages were underneath the shirt.
Thank you for clarifying your thoughts relevant to this topic Sir.
Common sense..... NEIN!

My designed Airforce poster displayed on Pakistan Airforce HQ Rawalpindi - my name also mentioned in the middle lol but they blur as much as they can lol they used my V1 version with my name in the middle lol

10462414_600978790001217_7793912964551372747_n.jpg

Congrats Man, Keep it up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom