What's new

Muslims invented alcohol

If alcohol was invented by Muslims then how people knew about alcohol before the start of Islamic faith.

Muslims did not invent alcohol. Arabs did (before they were muslims) and when they became muslims, they started throwing all their alcohol away to the point where there would be a foot of alcohol on the streets and it would flood the streets!

Right it was invented even before the Holy Prophet Muhammad (S.A.)'s era.

So, have we come to an agreement as to WHO invented this alcohol?

Distillation, the means of separating liquids through differences in their boiling points, was invented around the year 800 by Islam's foremost scientist, Jabir ibn Hayyan, who transformed alchemy into chemistry, inventing many of the basic processes and apparatus still in use today - liquefaction, crystallisation, distillation, purification, oxidisation, evaporation and filtration. As well as discovering sulphuric and nitric acid, he invented the alembic still, giving the world intense rosewater and other perfumes and alcoholic spirits (although drinking them is haram, or forbidden, in Islam). Ibn Hayyan emphasised systematic experimentation and was the founder of modern chemistry.

I think the thread was meant to say this

Discovered the use of ' alcohol in medicine and was the first to prepare sulfuric acid

Ar-Razi was the first person to introduce the use of alcohol (Arabic Al-Kuhl) for medical purposes. He was also an expert surgeon and was the first to use opium for anaesthesia.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/182788-muslims-invented-alcohol.html#ixzz26v8IJbcd

Not sure how the topic changed to Muslims INVENTED alcohol?! :flame:

I don't care who invented it, all I care is who will pay my bill in bar. Hick....:alcoholic:

Badi Mehngi huee hai sharab ki Thodi thodi piya karo.. Listen this ghazal of Pankaj Udhas. Waise bhi ab Daru itna nahin rulati jitna petrol rulata hai .. grrr

...Ar-Razi was the first to give an account of the operation for the extraction of a cataract -
Cataract surgery was known and described in pre-Islamic times, over a thousand years before Muhammed: link.

Inaccurate sectarian puffery like this throws the rest of the article into question as well.

Distillation, the means of separating liquids through differences in their boiling points, was invented around the year 800 by Islam's foremost scientist, Jabir ibn Hayyan, who transformed alchemy into chemistry, inventing many of the basic processes and apparatus still in use today - liquefaction, crystallisation, distillation, purification, oxidisation, evaporation and filtration. As well as discovering sulphuric and nitric acid, he invented the alembic still, giving the world intense rosewater and other perfumes and alcoholic spirits (although drinking them is haram, or forbidden, in Islam). Ibn Hayyan emphasised systematic experimentation and was the founder of modern chemistry.

I think the thread was meant to say this

Distillation process is also pre-Islamic.

Back
Top Bottom