Muslim appeasement | Modi Govt to repair riot damaged Mosques

Spring Onion

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Narendra Modi govt agrees to pay for repair of riots-damaged mosques

Aug 28, 2013, 01.15 AM IST

AHMEDABAD: With an eye on the 2014 vote, Narendra Modi has taken another step on the 'sadbhavna' road. The state government on Tuesday assured the Supreme Court it would soon come up with a scheme for paying for repair of the mosques damaged during the 2002 riots.

The Gujarat government's U-turn came after 10 years of legal battle during which it refused to own up responsibility for restoring and repairing the shrines damaged by marauding Hindu mobs across the state

After Gujarat's additional advocate general Tushar Mehta gave this assurance, a bench of justices K S Radhakrishnan and A K Sikri ordered a stay on all processes of survey, assessment and processing of claims by religious trusts.

The state government assured the court it would draw up the scheme by the next hearing on October 1 and show it to the court and the original petitioner, the Islamic Relief Committee-Gujarat (IRCG).

"We'll wait for what the government comes up with, but this is clearly an attempt to remove the taint on the Modi administration," said ICRG chairman Shakeel Ahmed.

IRCG had moved the Gujarat high court in 2003 seeking directions to the state government to repair nearly 535 damaged religious places, mostly Muslim shrines and mosques, on the ground that the state was the custodian of life and property and had failed miserably to protect the shrines. The state government had maintained a secular state wasn't liable to finance the repair of religious places.

Last February, the high court had asked the state government to compensate for the riots-related damages and criticized its failure to protect people and property in 2002. The state government had then approached the apex court in appeal.

Narendra Modi govt agrees to pay for repair of riots-damaged mosques - The Times of India

Technically a state is indeed not responsible for repairing religious structures but if the damage is on a large scale where it becomes impossible for individuals or organisations to do the work alone then the state should intervene, flexibility in exigent circumstances is called for. But then cooperation from WAKF would be appreciated given the exemptions given to them.

Such tactics might soften the hurt of many Muslims in Gujarat but may not be enough to win votes for majority.

In my personal experience I have hardly found Muslims from Gujarat who would ever want to support Modi bin Laden. They are very very pro Indians but never found them supporting terrorist bin laden of India

Such tactics might soften the hurt of many Muslims in Gujarat but may not be enough to win votes for majority.

In my personal experience I have hardly found Muslims from Gujarat who would ever want to support Modi bin Laden. They are very very pro Indians but never found them supporting terrorist bin laden of India

30% of Modi's voters in recently held state elections were Muslims... the Bohri community.

This is before he was named the candidate for PM unofficially.

Oh and BTW the Bodri community are very open minded and cool people, only next to ismaili muslims.

Unlike your groups who pander to Arabia, these guys are actually proud Indians.

He has to do please muslims. Because muslims never vote in name of develmpent, economy or national interest. They vote always in religion interest.
I have worked as AAP volunteer. And leave some case, almost every muslim asked humare logo ka kya kaam karega. Etc type stuffs

Terrorist ? Why? Because he was accused of inaction during the initial days of Gujarat riots? Accusations that were never proved ?

Muslim vote is a non factor in gujrat. They do not have influence even over a single seat. Modi does not need them to win Majority of seats.

He is probably trying to polish his image.

Nothing wrong with that. As long as BJP is winning the next elections , they should do everything in their power.

:woot: NOTHING is wrong?

ehhh bloody sickular Modi this time???

:azn:

Muslim vote is a non factor in gujrat. They do not have influence even over a single seat. Modi does not need them to win Majority of seats.

:undecided: why you Indians contradict each other on the same point.
"
30% of Modi's voters in recently held state elections were Muslims... the Bohri community"

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/central-south-asia/274295-muslim-appeasement-modi-govt-repair-riot-damaged-mosques.html#ixzz2dFheWaim

He is probably trying to polish his image.

His image is indeed tainted and needs a false quoting

Admission of guilt.

The court is taking the stand that failure of law and order in a civil war like situation is the state's fault and any damage caused during such periods the state should repair.

The gujarat govt is only saying they will fulfill the courts wish, not much choice there. In fact they fought it as much as they could.

Finding admission of guilt in this is stretching the usual modi hatred to a new level altogether. Indian govt has also repaired the somnath temple, it doesn't automatically mean admission of guilt.

:woot: NOTHING is wrong?

ehhh bloody sickular Modi this time???

:azn:

Stop twisting the word "secularism" just because you don't understand it.

Also, what's so surprising about it. He has to be secular if he is to become the PM. Most Indians want him to win to save the economy and bring it back to 2010 levels.

Back
Top Bottom