What's new

Moscow Warms Up To Islamabad

Befriending Pakistan is a natural strategic move by Russia.

Russia's action should be better seen in from the view point of strengthening its security situation, mutual economic cooperation and a minimal cooperation in defence sector.

Russia has clearly seen what will happen to Islamic brotherhood if Pakistan is befriended. All shouts of brotherhood will die a silent death just like the brotherhood for Muslims in China. Russia is very well aware of that and it certainly knows the cost involved for China in achieving this, just a few promises and have to keep repeating it again and again, LOL.

For me it looks like a very good strategic move by Russia which will help a long way in securing its soil from Islamic radicalism.

They very well know that they just have to play the tune of Pakistan becoming a gateway to the Central Asia and Pakistanis will certainly fall for it, buy yeah!!! behind the scenes they very well know that any route from Pakistan has to pass thru Afghanistan and they know what it means, from experience.

your name doesn't goes with what you wrote above,

0511-0902-2516-1033_Black_and_White_Cartoon_of_a_Man_with_His_Pants_on_Fire_clipart_image.jpg

Must be hard to sit for some indians.

If you believe there is strategic value, then point it out here, so simple.

Importance or strategic value of the relations are most realized entities at government to government contacts. These relations takes time to forge and not a fruit of just few sittings.

Apart from some analysts, general public only takes the face values and express their opinions.

I will advise my all indian friends to wait and see what happens next; but in my opinion betterment of relations among close vicinity neighbors will definitely have a positive impact on the people and economies.

These are few initial, tentative steps so dont read too much into it.

On all Russia-Pakistan threads, I see a lot of bottoms of our big neighbor on fire . May be its time to be just good neighbors and close all these threads to let their bottoms and their insecure tops heal.

they part of assembling engines is most important. Few days to wait.

absolutely....my thoughts are the same

my only problem with this is that it distracts us from WS-13 procurement.

I think PAF should distance itself from RD-93 engines. But for now at least, costs would be reduced if maintenance facility for engines was in-house.

PAF / Army Air Defence should push for procurement of med-high altitude SAM systems (S-300 perhaps) in the interests of fortifying our air space.

Russia soon will consider whole of the Kashmir as a part of Pakistan, what you gonna do then ????

We will just gift Kashmir to you and eat peanuts. Yaar tum logon ko koi ungli deta hai to tum kandhe pe cadh ke mootne keep kosish karate ho.

In simple terms Pakistan is getting mature, they now understand that you do don't have to be either friend or enemy. You can have normal relationship and do business.

Having good relationship with Russia will help Pakistan get some defence equipment, maybe they will repair engine problems of JF-17 in future. But thinking that Russia will be closer to them then India is a stretch.

In this world you have to do business with everyone. We are finally seeing a change in Pakistan that is good for everyone.

absolutely....my thoughts are the same

my only problem with this is that it distracts us from WS-13 procurement.

I think PAF should distance itself from RD-93 engines. But for now at least, costs would be reduced if maintenance facility for engines was in-house.

PAF / Army Air Defence should push for procurement of med-high altitude SAM systems (S-300 perhaps) in the interests of fortifying our air space.

One don't expect advance weapons on very first visit. Take step by step, Russia will not selling advance weapons to Pakistan. What is motivation for them, especially when you are going to buy it on credit. Its not just India, but US and China will also not want to S300 in Pakistan.

One don't expect advance weapons on very first visit. Take step by step, Russia will not selling advance weapons to Pakistan. What is motivation for them, especially when you are going to buy it on credit. Its not just India, but US and China will also not want to S300 in Pakistan.

well obviously it's step by step...i didnt imply that the funds should be released and we should procure them tomorr
w
Pakistan doesnt operate that way; Russians if they agree can give demonstration first then our procurement and tech guys huddle and decide

takes time; though our defence deals tend not to be as bureaucratic and time consuming as yours.....

by the way S-300 is a defensive system and Pakistan is under no int'l arms embargo......so it's fair game

0511-0902-2516-1033_Black_and_White_Cartoon_of_a_Man_with_His_Pants_on_Fire_clipart_image.jpg

Must be hard to sit for some indians.

Not quite. If anything improving Pakistan-Russia relationship is a good thing for India and the region in general.

Russia needs to diversify its economy. Supplying gas to the Europe is not going to cut it anymore, specially given the economic downturn over there. Russia wants to increase its exports (like minerals and other raw materials like timber)to China and India and the rest of South Asia, thats a combined market of 3 billion people!

With further improvement in the bilateral relationship, Russia might be able to secure a land route to the Arabian Sea and India, through Pakistan. Which is a good thing for India as it would mean India getting access to the CAR further down the line. India and Pakistan trying to normalize their trade relationship is part of this very bigger picture.

And at the end of the day Russian influence in Pakistan will be an extra leverage India will have over Pakistan. So believe it not its actually a win win situation for both India and Pakistan :woot:

Why would Russian influence in Pakistan be leverage for India? It's not like you guys will stop buying defense equipment from Russia, even if it favors Pakistan on certain diplomatic issues.

We are actually treating this as more of a business venture than anything else. Russia is not the end all be all for us. The Russians already know this, and we've already proved it to them.

I think it's funny that Indians assume that the Russians will do dirty work on behalf of the Indians. :lol:

Why would Russian influence in Pakistan be leverage for India? It's not like you guys will stop buying defense equipment from Russia, even if it favors Pakistan on certain diplomatic issues.

We are actually treating this as more of a business venture than anything else. Russia is not the end all be all for us. The Russians already know this, and we've already proved it to them.

I think it's funny that Indians assume that the Russians will do dirty work on behalf of the Indians. :lol:

Leverage doesn't always mean dirty work. You guys need to get out of this cold war petty mentality. The era of being either in this bloc or that bloc is over.

It looks like its Islamabad who is more interested in improving relationship with Moscow then Moscow...

And Btw its only Pakistani media who are giving so much coverage Pak~Rus relation.....

Actually , it was the Russians first who declared Pakistan to be their most important partner in South Asia ... Offered to invest in key projects and to provide money for the existing ones :azn: ... The stupidity of your lot and their ignorance of the reality on ground never ceases to amaze me :woot:

The Russian media is doing the same ... BTW , did you read pravda.ru article on the significance of Pakistan ? :azn: Looks like the Kremlin is pretty serious to mend its ties with Pakistan ...

For them Pakistan has no strategic value and Putin knew that Pakistan is not a 'natural ally' (as once auronaut once explained).

Another Indian talking out of behind , do you know the strategic value of Pakistan in the region ? :azn: ... Moscow always wanted access to warm waters and the Pakistani support to keep the Central Asia stable ... Or you think all these superpowers are mad to come and talk with us to persuade Islamabad to work with them ? :lol:

Things are beyond your understanding, leave it.

Yeah , Indians were jumping up and down just on the rumor that Russia has blocked the sale RD-93 to Pakistan :woot: , that indeed was beyond my understanding :rofl: ... Need I remind you what happened afterwards ? :azn:

Leverage doesn't always mean dirty work. You guys need to get out of this cold war petty mentality. The era of being either in this bloc or that bloc is over.

Will believe it only when NATO says so :lol:

Russia considers whole of Jammu and Kashmir as a part of India, how are you expecting Bhasha Dam will be financed by Russia. :girl_wacko:

Is that the reason they offered to fund and build the project ? :azn:

Back
Top Bottom