What's new

Mohammed Morsi Annuls Constitutional Amendment That Would Have Expanded His

JayAtl

BANNED
Reaction score
According to several sources, Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi has annulled the constitutional decree he announced just weeks ago, which would have given him far-reaching state powers and immunity from judicial oversight.

According to the AFP, Islamist politician Selim al-Awa told a news conference that "the constitutional decree is annulled from this moment."

The decree, in combination with an equally controversial constitutional draft that will be voted on in December, have inspired large, violent protests in Cairo for days.

--------------
Mohammed Morsi Annuls Constitutional Amendment That Would Have Expanded His Power

Seems like he folded to the will of the people...:chilli:

A few dozen dead Egyptians too late, don't they think? He showed exactly what he thought about freedom and democracy. And honestly, who was surprised?

A few dozen dead Egyptians too late, don't they think? He showed exactly what he thought about freedom and democracy. And honestly, who was surprised?

democratic process is filled with the blood of many patriots. He changed and that was better than going the Assad way

Annulling Constitutional Amendment doesn't change the situation because it it doesn't cancel the effects of it for the past 2 weeks which was suppose to include a a court rule to dissolve the assembly that was writing the constitution. The barbaric constitution is the main problem and according the new decree, the referendum will be held on time which is a week from today. Only Islamic parties and not all of them like the new constitution but about 40% of Egyptians are illiterate and very poor so we expect a yes just like all the referendums that took place all over Egypt's history. They will use money and religion to make people vote yes. If they are expecting stability and expecting us to give up, they are dreaming. Most of the effective forces in the streets are against the Constitution and against the Islamists in general, it will be a long fight, but they will lose and very soon.

Annulling Constitutional Amendment doesn't change the situation because it it doesn't cancel the effects of it for the past 2 weeks which was suppose to include a a court rule to dissolve the assembly that was writing the constitution. The barbaric constitution is the main problem and according the new decree, the referendum will be held on time which is a week from today. Only Islamic parties and not all of them like the new constitution but about 40% of Egyptians are illiterate and very poor so we expect a yes just like all the referendums that took place all over Egypt's history. They will use money and religion to make people vote yes. If they are expecting stability and expecting us to give up, they are dreaming. Most of the effective forces in the streets are against the Constitution and against the Islamists in general, it will be a long fight, but they will lose and very soon.

I know there was an issue, even before this, about allowing equal participation in the constitution writing process and need for equal rights for minorities . Is that correct and his annulment will not resolve that portion?

Excellent! Muslim Brotherhood now should postpone the referendum on the constitution and perfect the constitution even further. Secularists in Egypt are losers. Even their own supporters don't see them with high regards. Ask Egyptians what was their view of the 'big three' against Mursi..

In the long run , Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt can became the AKP of Turkey....

Plus : Many hindis in this forum would not be happy because from inside , they wanted Mursi gone..but Mursi played it better ;)

Secularists killed Islamists in protests...

Mursi showed that he cares about his people , unlike your best friend Mubarak.

Also , decree was TEMPORARY to begin with...:rolleyes:

Excellent! Muslim Brotherhood now should postpone the referendum on the constitution and perfect the constitution even further. Secularists in Egypt are losers. Even their own supporters don't see them with high regards. Ask Egyptians what was their view of the 'big three' against Mursi..

Plus : Many hindis in this forum would not be happy because from inside , they wanted Mursi gone..but Mursi played it better ;)

What da hell are you doing in the US, a christian Judea majority populace and secular country, preaching Ji-had laws to others? You are such great preacher of sharia laws from the comfort of a western country.

I know there was an issue, even before this, about allowing equal participation in the constitution writing process and need for equal rights for minorities . Is that correct and his annulment will not resolve that portion?
They already wrote a constitution and want to go ahead with the referendum next weekend. All the political forces don't the final draft. Out of the 100 people who wrote the constitution, 76 were Islamists. The constitution assembly didn't represent all Egyptians, and all non-Islamist forces rejected it from the beginning. It doesn't protect all human rights and it will not make it easy for non Islamist political forces to be represented well in the Parliament and more issues....

They already wrote a constitution and want to go ahead with the referendum next weekend. All the political forces don't the final draft. Out of the 100 people who wrote the constitution, 76 were Islamists. The constitution assembly didn't represent all Egyptians, and all non-Islamist forces rejected it from the beginning. It doesn't protect all human rights and it will not make it easy for non Islamist political forces to be represented well in the Parliament and more issues....

good luck to your brothers there in keeping the fight going. you have seen victory in step one...

Another psycho with Beard fetish

What da hell are you doing in the US, a christian Judea majority populace and secular country, preaching Ji-had laws to others? You are such great preacher of sharia laws from the comfort of a western country.

Mentally challenged paranoid bharti , just cuz Islamic Invaders r*ped your original country in the name of Jihad...it doesn't mean that you start talking about it every where.

Judea-christian country?:lol: An East Indian Red Neck = Jayati...

Shari'a laws? I never even mentioned anything like that. Why are you so paranoid my child? You don't know anything about Shari'a Law, neither do I , so just shut the whole in your face....

the secularists ruled for 30 years couldnt protest violently for the minimum freedom which was given to them,

the islamists came to remove the corrupt secular dictator which was being imposed on egypt for 3 decades but it was acceptable to secularists because he was allowing the jewish and american masters in their country and now the islamists have come to spoil their fun

when muslim brotherhood, the chosen representatives of people came, the secularists became chanting, the guy is a pharoah etc etc

this is not a good thing for morsi and democracy to back down, democracy doesnt work in such a way, violance doesnt work in a democracy

i expect more violant protests till secularists will be handed over the rule i think

im intruding in egyptian matter but i really want to comment on the matter which is being covered in PDF a lot

Another psycho with Beard fetish

Another loser living abroad and pulling BS..

Hello , why didn't you reply to my whole post?

Muslim Brotherhood now should postpone the referendum on the constitution and perfect the constitution even further.

Did you read this part of my comment? Losers like you don't even know their own country well. How do Egyptians see El Baradei? han? :azn:

Brotherhood's Selim al-Awa has more respect among Egyptians than ALL of your 'secular' retards combined. :coffee:

Mentally challenged paranoid bharti , just cuz Islamic Invaders r*ped your original country in the name of Jihad...it doesn't mean that you start talking about it every where.

Judea-christian country?:lol: An East Indian Red Neck = Jayati...

Shari'a laws? I never even mentioned anything like that. Why are you so paranoid my child? You don't know anything about Shari'a Law, neither do I , so just shut the whole in your face....

Yes Judea christian country majority and secular and don't you forget it islamist ji-hadi fan club member. and if you don't know what laws they are trying to push, i suggest you keep off the topics. Sharia laws are the basis of Islamist laws. I will although refrain from calling you derogatory names associated with your background.

Back
Top Bottom