What's new

MMRCA aircrafts to be deployed to face chinese threat in North East !!

Your theory falls apart when the Chinese employ barrage jamming leaving aircrafts counting on the MKI for radar updates blind and vulnerable. Like I said before its not that simple.

Good point.But soo MKIs are going to be equiped with high power AESA radars probably with 1800 tr modules or more due to the big nose diameter.As you know AESA radars' each t/r module works in different frequencies and that's why latest AESA radars are virtually jam proof even against barage jaming.So in that sence Mr Sancho is right.Feel free to disagree.
REGARDS........

Good point.But soo MKIs are going to be equiped with high power AESA radars probably with 1800 tr modules or more due to the big nose diameter.As you know AESA radars' each t/r module works in different frequencies and that's why latest AESA radars are virtually jam proof even against barage jaming.So in that sence Mr Sancho is right.Feel free to disagree.
REGARDS........

disagree :coffee:

The objective of barrage jamming is not limited to jamming radar but extends to blocking or disrupting communications.

Why do you think platforms like the Growler are so effective? It has the capability to block or disrupt voice and data communication between hostiles and not just that it can prevent launched weapons from receiving GPS and mid course updates.

What can the Rafale do against a powerful jammer?

Again very interesting points as expected from an expert.But we are here talking about the PLAAF,not the USAF

Your theory falls apart when the Chinese employ barrage jamming leaving aircrafts counting on the MKI for radar updates blind and vulnerable. Like I said before its not that simple.

Actually that would only make the Rafale even more preferable, because if radar would be jammed, the EFs radar would be useless as well, while Rafale still has the advantages of it's long range passive detection features.
Btw, I never said that Rafale would be dependent on MKI radar, but that it offers the better capabilities alongside MKIs advantages!

Actually that would only make the Rafale even more preferable, because if radar would be jammed, the EFs radar would be useless as well, while Rafale still has the advantages of it's long range passive detection features.
Btw, I never said that Rafale would be dependent on MKI radar, but that it offers the better capabilities alongside MKIs advantages!

Barrage jamming involves transmission across a wide band of frequencies, passive receivers that operate within this band become useless.
A powerful AESA radar is the only way to secure, jam free communication.

Barrage jamming involves transmission across a wide band of frequencies, passive receivers that operate within this band become useless.

Hey,I told you the same thing,did'nt I?By the way,PLAAF don't have anything near Growlar.

By the way,PLAAF don't have anything near Growlar.

..and you know this because? I don't think I'd ever speculate about what the PLAAF has or does not have; besides wide band jamming isn't complex.

DBC Is it true that India choosing non-american fighters truly got the Obama adminstrations goat or something

DBC Is it true that India choosing non-american fighters truly got the Obama adminstrations goat or something

It is reported that out going US Ambassador Timothy Roemer told the Indian Defense Minister that Washington does not believe the American fighters failed the technically qualification. The ball is now in India's court, the rest will depend on the explanation offered by India.

Find it interesting that you'd have to defend the PLAAF against India? Why bother?

Find it interesting that you'd have to defend the PLAAF against India? Why bother?

I like China besides I'm quite entertained by Indian vision of swarms of PLAAF fighters streaming over the Himalayas to wreak havoc over a peaceable Indian populace. I’m feeding the paranoia for my own amusement, I feel ashamed :cry:.

Its actually entertaining to read about the "competition" between India and China. As India is certainly the weaker of the two countries, many Indians cyber warriors like to brag and exaggerate their capabilities and rejoices over the achievements of their former sponsor state, Russia. Its like many Pakistanis gloating over the achievement of China against Indians. Interesting and fun.

faithfulguy;1796349]Its actually entertaining to read about the "competition" between India and China. As India is certainly the weaker of the two countries, many Indians cyber warriors like to brag and exaggerate their capabilities and rejoices over the achievements of their former sponsor state, Russia. Its like many Pakistanis gloating over the achievement of China against Indians. Interesting and fun.

i agree with bolded part.

I guess jamming means .. jam all the signals.. how can SPECTRA will work?? it will send some kind of signals right?.. when you are on air you need some wireless communication.. which means it is some kind of signal... Full jamming means your entire Air craft is useless except the cannon

I agree.. AESA cant be jammed easily fine.. but jammers like growlers can do that right?? what will happen if an EMP burst is done?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom