What's new

MMRCA aircrafts to be deployed to face chinese threat in North East !!

Typical american arrogance. No wonder, India doesn't trust USA for MRCA.

I think americans should not be so greedy. World is big, you can't have everything your way. Maybe its time for you to grow up in new realities of this world?

If you lost one MRCA, its not end of the world like Indian PM said. So, take a chill guys. We had enough of rona-dhona over outdated f-18 crap.

Three out of five suppliers of the components needed to make the A380 are of US origin.

The suppliers are:
1. Rolls Royce (UK).
2. Safran (France).
3. United Technologies (USA).
4. Goodrich (USA).
5. General Electric (USA).

You are just a troll in my book. Endless rhetoric of the same thing. Show me one post saying we are superior to China in terms of economy or military strength. Get a life. About Canada, keep it out of this thread. We have had enough diversions.

We are wasting millions or billions but that is about 3% of GDP. For a change look at how much UK spends on defence as a % of GDP and you will know you are BSing.

Boy, are you an expert in quoting.

So, according to you, anyone you don't agree with automatically becomes a troll? Well, that is your issue. I don't consider you a troll even though you are a great fan of Hasina. In fact I think you are very intelligent, yet very naive.

I never mention about military expenditure as a % of GDP with respect to India. It would be dumb to compare India's military budget to that of the West or even China.

I specially mentioned your country's nuclear program since it was the very first country in South Asia to do so. For? Because of China? And here we have, the Asian arms race.

Man, nukes speak a lot of words!!

And yes, there are Indians here who do say so about the superior part. One even gone as far as comparing to Canada. There war-mongering against China as well. Maybe you don't pay enough attention with respect to what your countrymen are saying here? Or perhaps you are plainly biased?

Oh and by the way, the UK spends 2.7% of its GDP on military as of 2009. India as of 2009 is 2.8%. A little higher. And expected to increase in 2011 and beyond as far as India is concerned.

Ouch, looks like I have hit a raw nerve somewhere!

I know precisely what you were trying to say in between making assumptions about me which did not help anyone. The fact of the matter is that there is no way that India can try to counter China by making India into the biggest market for the world's arm's merchants. Keeping your population in unneccessary poverty while 10 billion dollar contracts are given to one arms manufacture after another will not create a strong country. What will make India strong is having a healthy and educated population. This requires greater investment in Infrastructure, Health and Education and it is not happening because too much money is being spent on foreign arms. To see how China has reached it's current level, please take the time to browse the data on the lower levels of GDP it has devoted to it's military over the last 2 decades as opposed to India. Even now India spends around 1% more of it's GDP on defence compared to China. In a nutshell, an extremely poor country like India is diverting development spending towards defence that make it no more secure.

Now I know Bangladesh is also an extremely poor nation but at least it recognises this - it could easily order 150 JF-17s from China but that would mean the poor would suffer even more than now. I would also be having a go at Bangladesh if it devoted the same proportion of it's resources to the military like India is doing.

Oh, I don't know. 2% ~ is quite reasonable considering our security needs.

Three out of five suppliers of the components needed to make the A380 are of US origin.

The suppliers are:
1. Rolls Royce (UK).
2. Safran (France).
3. United Technologies (USA).
4. Goodrich (USA).
5. General Electric (USA).

Many of these components which you claim as american, come from Chinese factories.

Oh, I don't know. 2% ~ is quite reasonable considering our security needs.

Ok. looks like Indians on this forum accept the level of defence expenditure that India currently spends. It is more like 2.5% of GDP btw but that does not matter too much. It is your country, so your choice.

Ouch, looks like I have hit a raw nerve somewhere!

I know precisely what you were trying to say in between making assumptions about me which did not help anyone. The fact of the matter is that there is no way that India can try to counter China by making India into the biggest market for the world's arm's merchants. Keeping your population in unneccessary poverty while 10 billion dollar contracts are given to one arms manufacture after another will not create a strong country. What will make India strong is having a healthy and educated population. This requires greater investment in Infrastructure, Health and Education and it is not happening because too much money is being spent on foreign arms. To see how China has reached it's current level, please take the time to browse the data on the lower levels of GDP it has devoted to it's military over the last 2 decades as opposed to India. Even now India spends around 1% more of it's GDP on defence compared to China. In a nutshell, an extremely poor country like India is diverting development spending towards defence that make it no more secure.

Now I know Bangladesh is also an extremely poor nation but at least it recognises this - it could easily order 150 JF-17s from China but that would mean the poor would suffer even more than now. I would also be having a go at Bangladesh if it devoted the same proportion of it's resources to the military like India is doing.

Bangladesh doesn't have any enemies. Also, China or India has nothing to gain by attacking you. Do you have big Gas, Oil?

Same can't be said about India. It has lot to loose. So, its right in investing big in Defence.

And yes, there are Indians here who do say so about the superior part. One even gone as far as comparing to Canada. There war-mongering against China as well. Maybe you don't pay enough attention with respect to what your countrymen are saying here? Or perhaps you are plainly biased?

Oh and by the way, the UK spends 2.7% of its GDP on military as of 2009. India as of 2009 is 2.8%. A little higher. And expected to increase in 2011 and beyond as far as India is concerned.

British are american puppets so they don't need to invest big in defence.

Also, India is not britain. It has to reply on herself for its defence. So, I expect defence(GDP) % to go up in future.

Bangladesh doesn't have any enemies. Also, China or India has nothing to gain by attacking you. Do you have big Gas, Oil?

Same can't be said about India.
It has lot to loose. So, its right in investing big in Defence.

Does India have much oil or gas in the regions bordering China?

Ok. looks like Indians on this forum accept the level of defence expenditure that India currently spends. It is more like 2.5% of GDP btw but that does not matter too much. It is your country, so your choice.

So? What exactly are you getting at here? I mean the best solution would obviously be peace but if our countries (including India) are not willing to put aside their differences for "the greater good", we're all going to be spending lots of money on defence.

PS: '2%~' means around 2%. We're not sure what the exact figure is yet given the change in defence budget and GDP.

That it would be economically foolish to go to war, for one of the poorest states of India, with no important natural resources to speak of.

And I don't think the Chinese government is stupid.

AP was never an issue.

Chinese are not foolish but they are not friendly towards neighbours either. Their games on AP has proven that. Till today, I haven't seen any positive approach from China on border issues.

The more China continues its games over AP, the more it is alienating India towards anti-Chinese powers.

Instead, China is provoking India even more by venturing into Naval base at Gwadar.

Back
Top Bottom