What's new

Military officers protest against ill treatment of Musharraf

What the heck?

A colonel goes from Staff College Quetta? It is purely a teaching institute for the bright minded, not a think tank. And why would a Colonel go? He isn't the commandant of the college or anything. Maybe he would be a CI but not a commandant that he has the authority to take 70 people from Staff College to Islamabad. Things are not done like this that a Colonel can just one day decide to straddle off with 70 other officers.

Something tells me that this is misreporting or a chunk of the news is missing.

The delagation i guess was having official routine visit of the group of students and during the meeting the issue of Musharraf arrest might had poped up hence their personal feeling that he is mistreated.

The media picks up such lines and twist it for own advantage

Lol, the judiciary is important...but they need checks too.

Wasn't he your netaji ???

Netaji was freedom fighter and he flown out only to come back with full force.
How silly of you to draw compassion between the two, I would say it's close to idiocy.

1. allow me to use the language and word Indians had been using for Musharraf for the same act. Subhash Chandra boss was a bhagora as well.

2. We had arranged his runing away secretly and shelttered him.

3. Musharraf came back to face the false accusations.

The delagation i guess was having official routine visit of the group of students and during the meeting the issue of Musharraf arrest might had poped up hence their personal feeling that he is mistreated.

The media picks up such lines and twist it for own advantage

Yeah most probably.

They met the committee on defence and defence production, maybe they were discussing other matters such as a study of the defence output (a research topic given to some student) or something else, issue of Musharraf pops up, and voila, the media plasters it as a headline.

1. allow me to use the language and word Indians had been using for Musharraf for the same act. Subhash Chandra boss was a bhagora as well.

The fact he returned says he doesn't feel anything he did was un-constitutional

Musharraf should be allowed to meet mother: Bakhtawar

Elder daughter of President Asif Ali Zardari Bakhtawar Bhutto Zardari on Friday said former president General (retd) Pervez Musharraf should be allowed to meet his ailing mother.In a message on social networking website Twitter, Bakhtawar said when her father (President Zardari) was in jail, he was not allowed to attend the funeral of his mother. However, he said if Musharraf wanted to meet his ailing mother, he should get permission for it.It merits mentioning here that Musharraf is under housearrest nowadays in his Chak Shahzad farmhouse, which has been declared a sub-jail, while his mother is in Dubai and is ill.

Musharraf should be allowed to meet mother: Bakhtawar - thenews.com.pk

The fact he returned says he doesn't feel anything he did was un-constitutional

yes. and he has many resaons to think like that.

The same Judge/s took oath under NRO.

The same politicians were ruling the country under NRO prez.

everyone was party to the acts

I think you are allowing your perceptions to be painted by some very biased reporting -- It's emotionally satisfying for a segment of the media to see the once mighty humbled - and that's just life - some have argued that Musharraf was taken by surprise, by the reaction of his enemies, however, if you see his interviews, particularly his CNN interview in which the interviewer made the point that he had interviewed BB before she traveled to Pakistan and was killed and that he wondered if this was to be Musharraf's fate as well - Musharraf answered that he had considered this, that he was aware of the legal impediments awaiting him - and he still returned to face these - I think this does speak volumes about his character - recall this is the same person who as COAS, spent time with his troops inside enemy territory -- I can see the point of those who will say well this just shows his recklessness, I grant that it may, but I will challenge the notion that spending time with this men in enemy territory does not show his character.

To my thinking, look, already the govt has said it is not interested in pursuing an article 6 case against him, the UN inquiry does not suggest that he had BB assassinated and that leaves the case of the PCO judges - recall the CJP also took the oath under PCO - lets let the legal cases be done, however, and it is usual that he not be granted bail - after all, he did not come to just go away -- See, I think for his enemies, it would be a dream come true to ensure that he and hi supporters are made to be convinced that his life is in immediate danger and that he should leave
I think you shouldn't ignore the timing of his return , that speaks volumes about his actual motive and his gambling attitude towards his life, the day he ventured in enemy territory and spent a night in holed up bunker which could have been taken out only by 90 degree projectile was the day when his gamble paid off.
But it seems lady luck has deserted him this time around.

He may not be directly involved in BB' s murder but security arrangements were his responsibility hence he must be held accountable if the law of the land favours as such.
Yep his life is in danger I agree to that but isn't Rawalpindi capable enough to protect her ex - chief ???

1.I know you all are aulads of Aurangeb only, we can't have common history.

2.You arranged his escape , it's news for me.

3.Musharraf only played gamble to grab power which didn't paid off and that bhagora is again trying to flee when his ambitions got decimated by overzealous judiciary.

I think you shouldn't ignore the timing of his return , that speaks volumes about his actual motive and his gambling attitude towards his life, the day he ventured in enemy territory and spent a night in holed up bunker which could have been taken out only by 90 degree projectile was the day when his gamble paid off.
But it seems lady luck has deserted him this time around.

He may not be directly involved in BB' s murder but security arrangements were his responsibility hence he must be held accountable if the law of the land favours as such.
Yep his life is in danger I agree to that but isn't Rawalpindi capable enough to protect her ex - chief ???

"Who Dares Wins" -- may also end up regretting that he did dare, yes I will grant you that - but that's who he is, his training made him who he is.

Security arrangement his responsibility ? - Yes great , make that case, what I think many are failing to understand is why this case has not been made in the last 5 years and why must making this case be done with incivility?

1.I know you all are aulads of Aurangeb only, we can't have common history.

and you are aulad of hunuman??

2.You arranged his escape , it's news for me.

NVM you dont know shyt about the history and talking about commonality?

3.Musharraf only played gamble to grab power which didn't paid off and that bhagora is again trying to flee when his ambitions got decimated by overzealous judiciary.

He is doing another Subhash Chandara act. nothing wrong

Musharraf's ill treatment will get his Party lots of sympathy votes.

Musharraf knew that.

These officers, just like their predecessors and seniors, don't seem to have any respect for judiciary. All these potential future military dictators should be forced to read the latest article "what goes around, comes around" by Kamran Shafi published on Express Tribune.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom