What's new

Militarily China far ahead than India: Indian PM

China manufacturing slows: omen for weaker growth

SHANGHAI (AP) -- China's manufacturers suffered sluggish growth in orders in June as inflation-fighting curbs on credit took a toll on demand, according to a survey released Friday.

The China Federation of Logistics and Purchasing said its monthly purchasing managers index fell to 50.9 in June from 52 in May, 52.9 in April and 53.4 in March. The index has remained above 50, the benchmark for expansion, for 26 straight months.

The report said the trend likely augurs a further slowdown in growth brought on by inflation-fighting curbs on credit.

Declines were greatest in the production, new orders, purchasing volume and prices for raw materials indices, it said. The survey also showed a contraction in production of chemicals, textiles, and transportation equipment. Imports and new export orders also slowed.

The survey "indicates that future economic growth may continue to decrease," federation analyst Zhang Liqun said. But he said the results of the survey did not suggest China would face a "deeper correction."

After months of forecasting that inflation would moderate by midyear, China is expected to announce inflation in June surged above 6 percent, partly due to rising food costs due to drought and floods that have damaged crops across much of the central part of the country.

Many inside China expect authorities to raise key interest rates sometime soon, in a fifth hike since October, to counter surging costs. Beijing has repeatedly ordered state-owned banks to boost their reserves, aiming to curb excess credit.

China manufacturing slows: omen for weaker growth - Yahoo! Finance

It would be better for MMS to give reasonable answers on hike in petrolium products... Better to self introspect.. What China have achieved is an undisputable benchmark for not only India, but all developing economies.
If they have guts to give different comments on different times, then they should also look after their policies to avoid becoming a joke on international arena. Just one example- MMRCA- Damn!! it took Mod 10 years to finalise it and yet its in process.`

It would be better for MMS to give reasonable answers on hike in petrolium products... Better to self introspect.. What China have achieved is an undisputable benchmark for not only India, but all developing economies.
If they have guts to give different comments on different times, then they should also look after their policies to avoid becoming a joke on international arena. Just one example- MMRCA- Damn!! it took Mod 10 years to finalise it and yet its in process.`

And i m sniffing something fishy , US being so desperate to sell her aircrafts to india may offer something additional which was not being offered before . I don't think life will be so easy for them to decide out the final contender b/w Rafale and EF-2000 , we might see a revised bid. specially when the words come out from Lokcheed Martin company ( the interview posted in another thread ) that F-16 offered to india is going through trial process in US by them and they are trying to undergo some improvements with the hope of bringing it back to the competition . dunno but my gut feelings are this deal is not going to end soon

pls redo your calculation. Simple mathematics shows that it will need about 50 years with 3% growth differential for india to catch up with china.
so yes it will need 1500 years for india to catch up with china if india keeps 10.4% growth and china keeps 10.3%.

China's published GDP (in PPP terms) is 2.5 times that of India.

On a growth differential of 3%, it takes only 32 years to match the two.

The factor of 4.0 in nominal GDP is governed by exchange rates ..... that does take 50 years.

Anyway, why 1500 years with 10.4% and 10.3% growth ..... you could have said 1.5 billion years with 10.3999999% and 10.388888% growth rates.
:laugh:

Or if you input a 3% differential in favor of china, you'll get "minus 32" years i.e. the two economies were same in 1980 (which was the actual case).

China's published GDP (in PPP terms) is 2.5 times that of India.

On a growth differential of 3%, it takes only 32 years to match the two.

The factor of 4.0 in nominal GDP is governed by exchange rates ..... that does take 50 years.

Anyway, why 1500 years with 10.4% and 10.3% growth ..... you could have said 1.5 billion years with 10.3999999% and 10.388888% growth rates.

Or if you input a 3% differential in favor of china, you'll get "minus 32" years i.e. the two economies were same in 1980 (which was the actual case).

are you blind or what? as per IMF, india's growth was 10.4% and china was 10.3% for 2010/2011, so someone on this thread argued india can catch up based on that figure so i did some simple calculation. why did u bring those funny 10.399xxx for what??
And why did u suddenly used PPP term without mentioning it in previous post? is that the normal way u run a debate?? pathetic! :angry:

He admitted that the defence expenditure as a percentage of the GDP has been falling from year to year.

‘That is true. But quite frankly we have not restricted defence spending. No conscious decision has been taken to any fixed percentage. We are as a nation, prepared to live with a defence expenditure equal to three percent of our GDP.

‘If the armed forces have a plan to raise their expenditure to that ceiling, the system will be able to tolerate it.’

Glad to hear that.. Now its upto Armed forces to come up with concrete modernization plans.. I sincerely hope this Artillery saga ends soon..

Artillery is one area, where we clearly outmatch india in.

IAF rejected F-35

India rejected F-35 offer because your govt don't really trust U.S and was afraid any combat jet you brought from U.S might become luxurious furnishings if you use them against Pakistan,India aspire to get a 5th gen jet before and China and Pakistan do,it's not gonna fulfill your ego if you go for JSF

India rejected F-35 offer because your govt don't really trust U.S and was afraid any combat jet you brought from U.S might become luxurious furnishings if you use them against Pakistan,India aspire to get a 5th gen jet before and China and Pakistan do,it's not gonna fulfill your ego if you go for JSF

India do not trust US? So how we are buying F-35 for navy? :rofl:

are you blind or what? as per IMF, india's growth was 10.4% and china was 10.3% for 2010/2011, so someone on this thread argued india can catch up based on that figure so i did some simple calculation. why did u bring those funny 10.399xxx for what??
And why did u suddenly used PPP term without mentioning it in previous post? is that the normal way u run a debate?? pathetic! :angry:

What basis are supporting your argument of a .001 differential in growth rates.

On the first pages itself I had posted links to statements of Chinese Pm stating that they are targeting a lower growth rate of around 7%. Then their was Indian FMs statement saying they are targeting even higher growth.

If one would try there is strong underlying logic to those statements.
The time frame you are talking about would see almost half of Chinas population over 60.

20110625_SRM002.gif

How would CCP maintain growth then...have octagenerians dig holes?

The seemingly effective one child policy is now going to put the demographic tax on society. So much so that

Bystander is more struck by the long-term economic impact of the key demographic trends–low birth rates, a greying of the population and an unbalanced sex ratio (15% of young Chinese men won’t be able to find a partner among their fellow citizens in 20 years time
When China’s Demographic Dividend Becomes A Demographic Tax | China Bystander

Difficult times for young Chinese ahead I see...

Back
Top Bottom