What's new

Militarily China far ahead than India: Indian PM

indian defence budget is not even 3% of GDP , it actually only 2.4% !!

Ye sasua sardaar bahut frank hai bhai . I know the indian military is not equal to the one they have in cheen(haha i luv dat word) . M.S. should try to keep this type of info only in his head without exposing it to the entire nation . This really demolishes the morale of many masses . Have u ever heard the russsian pm saying that we cannot reach to the military might of our rival the U.S. , no u havent . This was a bad move sirji !!!

India needs to build more infrastructure along the border with China
My frnd we r already building tons on infrastructure along the chinese border .
the politicians in Delhi really need to wake up and smell the coffee

Well they already did

here is Chinese dragon

Topic - India to buy X military hardware Him- but can you grow enough to buy more- your FDI was 33% !

Topic Indian weather Him- but can you grow enough to have alternative energy - your FDI was 33% !

Topic- India tackling corruption him-but can you grow enough to keep them in jail - your FDI was 33% !

Topic - India develops new tech Him- but can you grow enough to expand that tech- your FDI was 33% !

Don't give up too easily. :D

Tell me, what rate of growth will India require to surpass China in nominal terms?And if you don't think you can achieve that kind of growth, how else can India catch up to China's defence spending?

It is easy for Manmohan Singh to say he'll "catch up", but how?

Probably it will be better if you went back to primary school again and have your mathematics professor teach you that.

Trust me mathematics isn't that difficult.

What a genius to figure out something we already know !

Though there is a difference in requirement for offense and defence.

And for us the most powerful rival is China, but for China there are plenty on the Eastern seaboard. So no worries.

Probably it will be better if you went back to primary school again and have your mathematics professor teach you that.

Well that's what you get when you're unable to do it yourself. :wave: Just personal attacks.

Since you can't do the math, just use these.

Future GDP (nominal) estimates - Wikipedia

it not about mathematics , it's about trolling and he is at the right place and learning fast ..

^^^ Well that's what you get when you're unable to argue the point. :wave:

Nothing to argue. Simple logic.

Ever heard of Battle of Thermophylae ? The Persians were numerically and qualitatively far far stronger than the Spartans, but the Spartans were able to give a very tough fight because of Mother Nature and defensive posture. Same applies to India,China.

And also what I said about India's most powerful rival is China whereas the reverse is not , is true.

So try accepting facts , for a change. Is not that difficult. :wave:

OMG....I give up....I accept its my fault....I had mistakenly presumed that you atleast know basic mathematics....

I don't have the patience to teach you the effects of compounding let alone the higher mathematics of real growth. You are correct....even with higher growth rate India will never catch China and China wont ever catch up to US....happy now?

mathematics? so tell me how many years is n in the below formula:
4x1.103^n=1.104^n
that's roughly abt 1500 years :rofl:

And here is a homework for u:
China's growth rate is 6% higher than US's growth rate, you go figure it out how many years it will take China to catch up with US. Currently US economy is roughly 2.5times of China's.

4x1.103^n=1.104^n

China's growth rate is 6% higher than US's growth rate, you go figure it out how many years it will take China to catch up with US. Currently US economy is roughly 2.5times of China's.

GDPs won't move in a linear graph..

at a stage the base-effect comes in picture...

in 1950 US has GDP growth of 17.2% ..and in 1958 it drop to nagative-10.8%

Militarily China far ahead than India: Indian PM

Prime Minister Manmhohan Singh Wednesday said China was ‘far ahead’ in its military strength but India was catching up with its limited resources.

‘The Chinese are far ahead of us. They are building a blue water navy also. Aircraft carriers – they are acquiring,’ Manmohan Singh in an interaction with a group of editors here.

He was asked about India’s defence preparedness in the light of Chinese capabilities to which he replied the nation was modernising its armed forces.

‘We have started the process. We are looking at the modernization of our armed forces, including the navy and the air force. For the first time in many many years, we have added two divisions to our army,’ he said.

‘So within the limits of our resources, – we are doing – much advanced air fields in the border areas. We are trying to strengthen the border roads. Also to see, that states on our border – our villagers have access to electricity using solar power. The effort is on,’ said the prime minister.

He admitted that the defence expenditure as a percentage of the GDP has been falling from year to year.

‘That is true. But quite frankly we have not restricted defence spending. No conscious decision has been taken to any fixed percentage. We are as a nation, prepared to live with a defence expenditure equal to three percent of our GDP.

‘If the armed forces have a plan to raise their expenditure to that ceiling, the system will be able to tolerate it.’

Militarily, China far ahead than India: Manmohan Singh News

This is by far the most important comment by the Indian Prime Minister in this statement.

India currently spends 1.8% of GDP on defence which is a little over what China does. If it actually raises it's spending to 3% of GDP, then it could really boost it's military capability significantly over the coming decades.

4x1.103^n=1.104^n

Excellent job....I was beginning to have doubts on Chinese mathematics....now could you please explain all this to Chinese Dragon who is apparently having a hard time figuring it out.

Thank you.

India needs to build more infrastructure along the border with China have a dedicated mountain warfare corps and beef up conventional forces near the LAC along with building and upgrading air bases China has already done this and has built much more infrastructure along the LAC not to mention the PLA operates several all weather roads along the LAC

the politicians in Delhi really need to wake up and smell the coffee

All these things are already under way. India has raised two divisions of Army as told by Dr. Singh.

So...unnecessary whining is not required.

Back
Top Bottom