What's new

Militarily China far ahead than India: Indian PM

The problem is within india's induction process , they have reasonable budget but still there procurement process has been slow believe me or not if we would have such budget and our hands to such diverse equipment we would have bought atleast 10 times than wat india has done so far , most of the deals linger around resulting in increasing gap b/w China and India, look at China and the pace with which they are producing and inducting.

A rational criticism is good and always gets the better outta others, if Pakistan or China is your enemy it doesn't mean that you shouldn't criticize you government for poor procurement policies just to portray a good image to your enemies, criticism should always be there but rational .

The problem is within india's induction process , they have reasonable budget but still there procurement process has been slow believe me or not if we would have such budget and our hands to such diverse equipment we would have bought atleast 10 times than wat india has done so far , most of the deals linger around resulting in increasing gap b/w China and India, look at China and the pace with which they are producing and inducting.

A rational criticism is good and always gets the better outta others, if Pakistan or China is your enemy it doesn't mean that you shouldn't criticize you government for poor procurement policies just to portray a good image to your enemies, criticism should always be there but rational .
I think living in Pakistan you might have a sense of how goddamn democratic Govs work in an utterly slow pace...thats a fundamental problem...this problem is in a lower proportion or almost absent in China...

Indeed China is ahead of india and for the foreseeable future will remain. But what we can do is to cause them unacceptable damage that will deter them from attacking.

mathematics? so tell me how many years is n in the below formula:
4x1.103^n=1.104^n
that's roughly abt 1500 years :rofl:

And here is a homework for u:
China's growth rate is 6% higher than US's growth rate, you go figure it out how many years it will take China to catch up with US. Currently US economy is roughly 2.5times of China's.

1500 years ???

Are you crazy.

Simple mathematics shows that it will need about 30 years with 3% growth differential.

But more important thing is that the food grain production in both India and China is nearly identical (nothing like a factor of 4).

But China has to continue making a lot of effort making "Ghost Cities" if it wants to continue consuming steel and cement at 10 times India's consumption.

One can technically show a higher GDP by "digging holes and filling holes" in the earth.
It's anybody's guess, how much of digging holes, filling holes is happening in China.

You're dead right. India's procurement process is a big factor not to mention GoI's mollycoddling of DRDO.

I think living in Pakistan you might have a sense of how goddamn democratic Govs work in an utterly slow pace...thats a fundamental problem...this problem is in a lower proportion or almost absent in China...

You can't make it as a universal rule coz its more common in our sub-continent part , in other parts of the world democratic governments are more efficient atleast more than what we have in indo-Pak subcontinent ,

I mean many people here give the reason of 10billion for the MRCA delays by saying its huge multi billion deal so requires time blah blah, but for me no matter how bigger the deal is you have to keep it simple , evaluate it and select it ,don't make it complex , look at Saudi's EF-2000 deal and the scope of that multi billion deal but it didn't take them time (atleast not equal or more than india) to complete it , they have recieved 72 of their EF-2000's from Tranche one and Tranche 2 and now are going to order 72 more EF-2000 , this makes the total number to be 144 i.e more than what india is running in MRCA i.e 126

You can't make it as a universal rule coz its more common in our sub-continent part , in other parts of the world democratic governments are more efficient atleast more than what we have in indo-Pak subcontinent ,

I mean many people here give the reason of 10billion for the MRCA delays by saying its huge multi billion deal so requires time blah blah, but for me no matter how bigger the deal is you have to keep it simple , evaluate it and select it ,don't make it complex , look at Saudi's EF-2000 deal and the scope of that multi billion deal but it didn't take them time (atleast not equal or more than india) to complete it , they have recieved 72 of their EF-2000's from Tranche one and Tranche 2 and now are going to order 72 more EF-2000 , this makes the total number to be 144 i.e more than what india is running in MRCA i.e 126

yeah you are right its majorily visible in our sub-continent....but its also there in European countries...for e.g, Greece...it would have been never possible for protesters to come to streets if it wasnt a democratic gov...thats the thing about democracy its also a boon and a bane....

GDP is 100% relevant to military budget.

How else, can India "catch up" with our defence budget? It's not possible, unless your economy grows much faster than it is right now.The only other way, is to increase defence spending as a percentage of GDP.

Otherwise, how else can India possibly "catch up" with our defence spending?

CD -

You have mis read catch up and you are giving ur stupid views to support yourr theory.
The actual catch up means to have a strong security infrastructure.

You thought we are in arms race with you, where catch up is more appropriate. But we are not in any race.

We dont need to match fighter by fighter or tank by tank, that will be foolish. But we need to have enough and more to deter in case of any conflict(god forbid).

So relax. No need to bring economy over here....

mathematics? so tell me how many years is n in the below formula:
4x1.103^n=1.104^n
that's roughly abt 1500 years :rofl:

And here is a homework for u:
China's growth rate is 6% higher than US's growth rate, you go figure it out how many years it will take China to catch up with US. Currently US economy is roughly 2.5times of China's.

Demographics and economics are closely associated.

India will enjoy a population that will remain younger till 2060 unlike China. All those people who talk of economics, try and understand what will happen when your working population is less than old civilians.

Let us wait and watch.

Demographics and economics are closely associated.

India will enjoy a population that will remain younger till 2060 unlike China. All those people who talk of economics, try and understand what will happen when your working population is less than old civilians.

Let us wait and watch.

Large population with insufficient land resource (India is much smaller than China), subpar elementary education (rampart illiteracy), malnutrition (thousands of children die of hunger in India every year, and millions are not well fed) is not an asset but a huge burden. The population will contribute to the economy only if it is productive, but it cannot be productive without the basics. China implemented the population control for a reason. When the population ages, the economy will shift more to finance, service, and high tech based economy, and the manufacturing will be moved to other countries. China's per capita economy will rise dramatically, and quality of life will improve.

China is totally independent, India is dependent on foreign buyers contribution of Indian defense industry is not more than 10% in other words you can say Zero thats your biggest disadvantage just increase in defense budget is not the solution the gap is widening day by day
India is paying $10Billion for 126 fighter jets, China can make 250 J-10B in $10Billion and in double quick time Pakistan is also following same model indigenous defense industry and self reliance and see the results.:enjoy:

China is totally independent, India is dependent on foreign buyers contribution of Indian defense industry is not more than 10% in other words you can say Zero thats your biggest disadvantage just increase in defense budget is not the solution the gap is widening day by day
India is paying $10Billion for 126 fighter jets, China can make 250 J-10B in $10Billion and in double quick time Pakistan is also following same model indigenous defense industry and self reliance and see the results.:enjoy:

See highlighted- shsssh don't tell the Chinese this because they pay Israelis, Russians etc for importing defense hardware and technologies. It will be our secret okay? :triniti:

here is Chinese dragon

Topic - India to buy X military hardware Him- but can you grow enough to buy more- your FDI was 33% !

Topic Indian weather Him- but can you grow enough to have alternative energy - your FDI was 33% !

Topic- India tackling corruption him-but can you grow enough to keep them in jail - your FDI was 33% !

Topic - India develops new tech Him- but can you grow enough to expand that tech- your FDI was 33% !

You forgot: "Indians are racist, they hurt me :frown:"

Large population with insufficient land resource (India is much smaller than China),

People can't live in frigid Tibet, or the deserts of Mongolia.

India is larger than China in terms of Arable land

List of countries by real population density (based on food growing capacity) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Real population density:
81 People's Republic of China - 943
109 India - 753

1500 years ???

Are you crazy.

Simple mathematics shows that it will need about 30 years with 3% growth differential.

But more important thing is that the food grain production in both India and China is nearly identical (nothing like a factor of 4).

But China has to continue making a lot of effort making "Ghost Cities" if it wants to continue consuming steel and cement at 10 times India's consumption.

One can technically show a higher GDP by "digging holes and filling holes" in the earth.
It's anybody's guess, how much of digging holes, filling holes is happening in China.

pls redo your calculation. Simple mathematics shows that it will need about 50 years with 3% growth differential for india to catch up with china.
so yes it will need 1500 years for india to catch up with china if india keeps 10.4% growth and china keeps 10.3%.

Back
Top Bottom