What's new

Militarily China far ahead than India: Indian PM

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Militarily China far ahead than India: Indian PM

Prime Minister Manmhohan Singh Wednesday said China was ‘far ahead’ in its military strength but India was catching up with its limited resources.

‘The Chinese are far ahead of us. They are building a blue water navy also. Aircraft carriers – they are acquiring,’ Manmohan Singh in an interaction with a group of editors here.

He was asked about India’s defence preparedness in the light of Chinese capabilities to which he replied the nation was modernising its armed forces.

‘We have started the process. We are looking at the modernization of our armed forces, including the navy and the air force. For the first time in many many years, we have added two divisions to our army,’ he said.

‘So within the limits of our resources, – we are doing – much advanced air fields in the border areas. We are trying to strengthen the border roads. Also to see, that states on our border – our villagers have access to electricity using solar power. The effort is on,’ said the prime minister.

He admitted that the defence expenditure as a percentage of the GDP has been falling from year to year.

‘That is true. But quite frankly we have not restricted defence spending. No conscious decision has been taken to any fixed percentage. We are as a nation, prepared to live with a defence expenditure equal to three percent of our GDP.

‘If the armed forces have a plan to raise their expenditure to that ceiling, the system will be able to tolerate it.’

Militarily, China far ahead than India: Manmohan Singh News

it is good that we atleast aknowledge the fact and are working toward's it , we have learnt from our mistakes and are a lot more aware today, i am sure we will be able to catch up with china .

hmm last week pak minister told we are lagging behind india... now our minister told we are lagging behind china....

now what chinese minister will tell we are lagging behind US......

We have started the process. We are looking at the modernization of our armed forces, including the navy and the air force. For the first time in many many years, we have added two divisions to our army, he said.
Lame!! Just started the process of modernization? WTF were India's political bozos doing all these years? Poodle faking, that's what! Netas and babus sitting in their ivory towers sipping Cappuccino while the Defence Forces were going to tatters! These as$holes need to be stationed on the Siachen Glacier permanently. Frozen balls is what they deserve! Jeeez! :hitwall:

Please somebody tell Mr. PM thats everyone knows this...I just want to know what steps they are taking ? Even after realizing all this, the modernization of our armed forces is still very sloppy. Indian army is in the worst shape. They need modernization in each and every sector but still nothing is happening except trials after trials...

Yes MR PM , we know it. If you really care, do something about it.

PS: what is economy doing again in the thread.

Mods sleeping ??????

PS: what is economy doing again in the thread.

Mods sleeping ??????

It is relevant, because India can only catch up in terms of military budget, if their GDP increases at a much faster rate.

As you can see, India is already ahead of China in real growth rate terms.

Tell me, what is more? 10% of 6 trillion... or 10% of 1.5 trillion? :wave:

Your base number is much smaller, so the actual amount that you add to your economy each year will be much less, even with the same growth percentage.

That's even assuming India can sustain 10% for several decades like we did.

just report him - CD is getting desperate

GDP is 100% relevant to military budget.

How else, can India "catch up" with our defence budget? It's not possible, unless your economy grows much faster than it is right now.

The only other way, is to increase defence spending as a percentage of GDP.

Otherwise, how else can India possibly "catch up" with our defence spending?

India needs to build more infrastructure along the border with China have a dedicated mountain warfare corps and beef up conventional forces near the LAC along with building and upgrading air bases China has already done this and has built much more infrastructure along the LAC not to mention the PLA operates several all weather roads along the LAC

the politicians in Delhi really need to wake up and smell the coffee

Tell me, what is more? 10% of 6 trillion... or 10% of 1.5 trillion? :wave:

Your base number is much smaller, so the actual amount that you add to your economy each year will be much less, even with the same growth percentage.

That's even assuming India can sustain 10% for several decades like we did.

OMG....I give up....I accept its my fault....I had mistakenly presumed that you atleast know basic mathematics....

I don't have the patience to teach you the effects of compounding let alone the higher mathematics of real growth. You are correct....even with higher growth rate India will never catch China and China wont ever catch up to US....happy now?

OMG....I give up....I accept its my fault....I had mistakenly presumed that you atleast know basic mathematics....

I don't have the patience to teach you the effects of compounding let alone the higher mathematics of real growth. You are correct....even with higher growth rate India will never catch China and China wont ever catch up to US....happy now?

Don't give up too easily. :D

Tell me, what rate of growth will India require to surpass China in nominal terms?

And if you don't think you can achieve that kind of growth, how else can India catch up to China's defence spending?

It is easy for Manmohan Singh to say he'll "catch up", but how?

Yaa.. repeats it every now and then.. Must have a big notepad from where its copy pasted. Anyway its a BIG JOKE of the forum.

Who Cares! :what:

whats worse he repeats old stuff that is no longer valid. like his fav FDI percentages.

Back
Top Bottom