What's new

Mig-29 Deterrence

who would prevail? IAF mig 29 or PAF F16...the upgraded ones..!!

• Total voters
In war scenario IAF MiG-29's will try to intercept and shoot down the enemy F-16's and they are very capable to do that with the Upgraded Avionics and the state of art missiles like R-73 and R-77.

Care to explain after the test of firing R-77 missile how many Migs have been equipped and flawlessly integrated with it?

Originally posted by miroslav@Jan 4 2006, 02:12 PM
I would like to mark out few points in this discussions.

1) Comparing MiG29 A/B with F-16.

Fella's ,

Many members are comparing MiG-29 A/B (IAF) with F-16 and coming up with conclusion by comparing the hard points and Multirole capability of F-16.

MiG-29A/B of IAF is a air superiority fighter so just b'coz F-16 has more hardpoints and ability to carry all kind of weapons dosent makes it superior than the IAF MiG-29.

In  war scenario IAF MiG-29's will try to intercept and shoot down the enemy F-16's and they are very capable to do that with the Upgraded Avionics and the state of art missiles like R-73 and R-77.

Not to forget that IAF MiG-29's has already test fired R-77's.

So what is the point in saying that F-16 carry more armament.

Obviously since F-16 is a multirole fighter it carries more armament. MiG-29 is Air Superiority fighter so 6 Missiles (Medium and BVR) are more than enough for it's role as the air-superiority fighter.

So that dosent make any plane superior or inferior.

2) MiG-29K

IN has ordered 12(Single Seat)+4(Twin Seat) MiG-29K for the navy.

Surprisingly the IN pilots are being trained on the USN T-50 trainers (Advance version of Bae HAWK) on the US carriers.

Also weaponary for MiG-29K of IN is not decided yet so it is premature to compare this type with F-16 again.

3) F-16 has always proved itself against the moronic arab airforces so by the results of the F-16 against the Arab airforces again we can't come to any conclusion.

Thanks,

Miro
[post=5056]Quoted post[/post]​

My Dear Bro Miro

We areTalking About the Comparison of Mig-29 versus F-16 Not IAF Mig-29 vs PAF F-16 so please be careful and also tries to post logical and factfull post becoz we are dicussing two fighters not two countries
I think you have a lack of Military knowledge Please Seach the web before posting any new post.

Sorry if you mind this

Regards
Tiger

Originally posted by Tiger Shark@Jan 5 2006, 02:02 PM
My Dear Bro Miro
We areTalking About the Comparison of Mig-29 versus F-16 Not IAF Mig-29 vs PAF F-16
[post=5110]Quoted post[/post]​

Tigerbabu,

Check out the poll options.

It says IAF-29
PAF- F16
Not sure

I thought you have created this topic.

Webby,

Don't we have a rule not to smoke charas,ganja kind of things before posting???

so please be careful and also tries to post logical and factfull post becoz we are dicussing two fighters not two countries
I think you have a lack of Military knowledge Please Seach the web before posting any new post.

Yeah.

I guess so.

Being in IAF riding Mirage-2000 for a while has caused some lack of knowledge.

But then when I remember the glory of IAF MiG-29's locking two F-16's while Kargil and F-16's could do noithing I dont think I need to go to do some internet surfing.

Sorry if you mind this
Regards
Tiger

Not at all.

Didnt the webby told you??

I dont mind being teased/insulted by nervous breakdown kids.

Miro

So like you said that you

Originally posted by WebMaster@Jan 5 2006, 06:18 AM
Care to explain after the test of firing R-77 missile how many Migs have been equipped and flawlessly integrated with it?
[post=5088]Quoted post[/post]​

MiG-21 Bisons and MiG-29's can launch the R-77.

Also R-77 is a part of Flanker weaponary.

As per the annual United Nations (U.N.) conventional arms register, the Indian Government reported that it had purchased 30 R-77RVV-AE missiles in 1999 and 120 R-77RVV-AE missiles in 2000.

Thanks,

Miro

Webby,

Don't we have a rule not to smoke charas,ganja kind of things before posting???

Didnt the webby told you??

I dont mind being teased/insulted by nervous breakdown kids.

Miro

Miro stop acting smart we know you are, and stop comments like above.

Like they say, talking in a good manner and respecting your enemy is the best way to get things out from somebody, if not then one uses a bat which i dont let any one use.

Originally posted by WebMaster@Jan 7 2006, 03:24 AM
Miro stop acting smart we know you are, and stop comments like above.

Like they say, talking in a good manner and respecting your enemy is the best way to get things out from somebody, if not then one uses a bat which i dont let any one use.
[post=5184]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah,

Then check my posts when I was new to this forum. I was always polite to evbrybody and was just sharing the knowledge with other fellas but like they also say "sometimkes to kill a monster you have to become one of them".

Try ncontrolling these morons. I will be back as I was.

Miro

Originally posted by miroslav@Jan 5 2006, 03:25 PM
MiG-21 Bisons and MiG-29's can launch the R-77.

Also R-77 is a part of Flanker weaponary.

As per the annual United Nations (U.N.) conventional arms register, the Indian Government reported that it had purchased 30 R-77RVV-AE missiles in 1999 and 120 R-77RVV-AE missiles in 2000.

Thanks,

Miro
[post=5125]Quoted post[/post]​

The AIM-120 AMRRAM is battle proven. The R-77 is not. It'd be difficult to do a fair comparison unless if the R-77 is used by Russian air force, not the downgraded export variant(s).

If we go by published range of these missiles, the AIM-120 is rated at 32+km, versus R-77 at 90km and R-77M1 at 175km. But those are published maximum ranges and we don't really know how well it'd perform. In most 3rd world conflicts where the opposing pilots launch missiles at max range then run away, the results were quite poor.

Originally posted by Tiger Shark@Jan 9 2006, 01:54 PM
The AIM-120 AMRRAM is battle proven. The R-77 is not. It'd be difficult to do a fair comparison unless if the R-77 is used by Russian air force, not the downgraded export variant(s).

If we go by published range of these missiles, the AIM-120 is rated at 32+km, versus R-77 at 90km and R-77M1 at 175km. But those are published maximum ranges and we don't really know how well it'd perform. In most 3rd world conflicts where the opposing pilots launch missiles at max range then run away, the results were quite poor.
[post=5244]Quoted post[/post]​

Babur is also not battle proven, neither Augosta-90B.

Man grow up.

There are sssoooooo many things in the world which aren't battle proven.

Miro

R-77 is not what it said to be. It doesn't have a range of more than 100KM. It can be fired at a range of 52KM max, that is if it is fired in 75% range. If not than your missile will not hit the target, or the plan will dodge it.

Originally posted by Hammad@Jan 11 2006, 10:27 AM
R-77 is not what it said to be. It doesn't have a range of more than 100KM. It can be fired at a range of 52KM max, that is if it is fired in 75% range. If not than your missile will not hit the target, or the plan will dodge it.
[post=5278]Quoted post[/post]​

Good.

I will be glad if you become PAF chief or PAkistani Defenc Minister etc.

What are your thoughts on other IAF missiles?

Miro

Originally posted by miroslav@Jan 15 2006, 04:32 PM
Good.

I will be glad if you become PAF chief or PAkistani Defenc Minister etc.

What are your thoughts on other IAF missiles?

Miro
[post=5371]Quoted post[/post]​

All the IAF missiles are crap (Accept Derby, MICA,Python 4) compared to modern missiles (SD-10,AMRAAM,Python series,AIM-9M,R.X,Darter).Once Pakistan gets the SD-10,AMRAAM,and AIM9X then I think the ATA missile balance will be equal since by then India would probraly have the Python 5.

Originally posted by Kaiser@Jan 15 2006, 07:22 PM
All the IAF missiles are crap (Accept Derby, MICA,Python 4) compared to modern missiles (SD-10,AMRAAM,Python series,AIM-9M,R.X,Darter).Once Pakistan gets the SD-10,AMRAAM,and AIM9X then I think the ATA missile balance will be equal since by then India would probraly have the Python 5.
[post=5386]Quoted post[/post]​

Thats a very ignorant and patriotic respond fellow. No offence intended, but MICA, Derby, and Python are very good and credible BVR missiles. Derby is very same as Darter series, except Darter has little more weigh.

Comparision of PAF versus IAF is very stable as for a future warfare, there have been rumours that PAF also has MICA but that is not clear, if IAF has Derby than PAF has Darter. If India has Python than PAF has SD-10, a very similar BVR missile i say. It is known that Israel have passed Python 4 technology to China in past years, and it was one of the reasons why Isreal had to leave the JSF program. :bat:

My guess is SD-10 will be very similar to Darter, Python and Derby, but the capablity of it will depend on how would they integrate it to the systems of their fighters, and how will they get the real capablity of it. Will they get any help or what? :cool:

P.S Tiger your poll lacks information. You should have put up the versions of both aircrafts, because they have been advanced over the past years, both have capablity of winning war based on their versions and how old they are. So yeah, sorry mate, i will vote for. Note sure. :)

Originally posted by Tornado@Jan 16 2006, 08:55 AM
P.S Tiger your poll lacks information. You should have put up the versions of both aircrafts, because they have been advanced over the past years, both have capablity of winning war based on their versions and how old they are. So yeah, sorry mate, i will vote for. Note sure. :)
[post=5402]Quoted post[/post]​

Please Read Carefully the Topic

F-16 vs Mig-29

not

F-16C vs Mig-29Smt

Regards

Tiger

Originally posted by Tiger Shark@Dec 29 2005, 03:57 PM
I think the MiG-29A is better than the F-16A/B. It has some BVR capabilities, and R-73 missles when we have dogfight.

But when we put AMRAMM on F-16 (I am speaking about either older C/D versions, or A/B ADF, or A/B MLU), Viper will always beat MiG-29A. But newer MiGs (for example MiG-29SMT) are comparable to older F-16C/D (Block 20/25/30/32) and SMT2 with Zuk-M radar is significantly better that some F-16C/D. Only the F-16C/D with APG-68V9XM can beat every Fulcrum. F-16 has also got more A2G abilities (larger number of weapons etc.)

Regards

HappyBirthDaytoYou
[post=4862]Quoted post[/post]​

Dear friend if that was the case then we would have seen more mig-29's compared to F-16's around the world F-16 has proven it self every time it has been out there i wouldnt even bother to compare the F-16'sA/B with a Mig-29A .

Well i would love to compare a MIG-29 OVT to a Block52 or 52+ since these planes can be compared..

Back
Top Bottom