What's new

Meet our brandnew A350

There are SO many moving parts in an aircraft. The benefits outweigh any potential costs.

In any case passenger aircraft are some of the most overdesigned engineering creations in the world. So many failure modes and redundancies. Wouldn't be worried about safety with today's aircraft.

You don´t understand the basics in engineering. Such "moveable" wings are not necessary and evrything not necessary must be avoided. Same reason why the Space Shuttle has such a primitive landing gear, the machine is so over engineered, that you simply don´t take the risk to let it fail because the fucking landing gear failed. Boeing already has a history of failing structure, be it the wings as well as the fuselage. If you look at the low quality work they present with the 787 then you can see what this will create.

200 + orders on launch day seems quite promising, this bird is just amazing along with 777 family

It's quite amazing considering it can fold it's wing to fit into any airport in the world.
image.jpg

full777x-20_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

I really hope PIA gets it's hands on a few of these

I find it funny that someone from Pakistan would hail Boeing. Afterall they are the main producer of drones. Even more so than the 777.

Last edited:
You don´t understand the basics in engineering.

I certainly hope not, my research supervisor would hate to see his investment of time and money wasted on somebody who didn't even understand the basics.

;)

I certainly hope not, my research supervisor would hate to see his investment of time and money wasted on somebody who didn't even understand the basics.

;)

Then i feel sorry for your supervisor if you don´t understand the very basic that unnecessary parts should never be implented in any construction. But thats the german philosophy. Don´t know what you guys construct and how though.

I find it funny that someone from Pakistan would hail Boeing. Afterall they are the main producer of drones. I heared they are tested quite often in Pakistan. Even more so than the 777.
This Airbus-Boeing rivalry is beyond me, 777 family is the best wide body aircraft ever manufactured, as an airbus employee, that must be hard to hear. PIA gets 5 more 77W next year with 5 more options :bunny:

This Airbus-Boeing rivalry is beyond me, 777 family is the best wide body aircraft ever manufactured, as an airbus employee, that must be hard to hear. PIA gets 5 more 77W next year with 5 more options :bunny:

Well your government acts like an american vasall so i expect nothing else.

Then i feel sorry for your supervisor if you don´t understand the very basic that unnecessary parts should never be implented in any construction. But thats the german philosophy. Don´t know what you guys construct and how though.

Yes, who needs increased functionality with redundant design along side high safety and engineering tolerances. Silly me.

Reducing component count IS a fundamental design philosophy but improved functionality reigns supreme. Genrich Altshuller's TRIZ system will help you out.

I´m not talking about that. I just find it amusing that you as a pakistani hail Boeing, the corporation that bombs your villages. But thats just my opinion.

We're talking about passenger planes and you're being a douchecanoe.

Yes, who needs increased functionality with redundant design along side high safety and engineering tolerances. Silly me.

Reducing component count IS a fundamental design philosophy but improved functionality reigns supreme. Genrich Altshuller's TRIZ system will help you out.

Moveable wings have no value and improved functionality. All airports that can handle that amount of passengers already have enough place for this kind of airplane and airports that can´t, need no room for this airplane, simply because they don´t handle that much passengers. All it gives is a higher security risk, higher maintenance costs and so on. I´m not interested in such pseudo improvements.

Concorde was a milestone and still is. In so many ways airplanes today are based on technology developed for Concorde. Also Concorde is the mother of Airbus. We have a Concorde WSST at our main plant in Toulouse and whenever i´m there i admire her :D She really is the thundering diva. :D

787 had no competition in its first 5 years in this market segment. Beside that you are from Afghanistan. You aren´t into this type of airplanes. Your country can not afford new types of aircrafts so i doubt you have insight into all of this.
You don´t understand the basics in engineering. Such "moveable" wings are not necessary and evrything not necessary must be avoided. Same reason why the Space Shuttle has such a primitive landing gear, the machine is so over engineered, that you simply don´t take the risk to let it fail because the fucking landing gear failed. Boeing already has a history of failing structure, be it the wings as well as the fuselage. If you look at the low quality work they present with the 787 then you can see what this will create.

I find it funny that someone from Pakistan would hail Boeing. Afterall they are the main producer of drones. I heared they are tested quite often in Pakistan. Even more so than the 777.

This guy consistently makes cheap and racist comment!
@Aeronaut @Manticore he deserves to be banned!!

I said not one racist comment. Look into the definition what racism means.

1. Afghanistan is a poor country and can not afford new airplanes. Most of their fleet consists of old airplanes. Ariana Airlines is not a customer of any new airplane model. Thats not an insult but a simple fact.

2. Its also a matter of fact that most of the drones used to kill civilians in Pakistan are build from Boeing. Because of that it is not understandable how someone from Pakistan can hail this company.

You get what i mean? Nothing racist about this. Beside that, i'm italian, afghani and pakistani people are indo aryan people and so are europeans. That means we are basicly the same race.

I see this as a safety issue. An airplane should have as less as moveable parts as possible. This gimmick will defininitly cost lifes in the future.

You call that a gimmick? This forum has hit a new low.

By the way, IIRC, wasn't it the same guy who created a thread specifically to share his deep desire to fly Lufthansa's latest Boeing 748 from Frankfurt to Delhi/Bombay/Bangalore? TRAITOR! :D

Last edited:
You call that a gimmick? This forum has hit a new low.

By the way, IIRC, wasn't it the same guy who created a thread specifically to share his deep desire to fly Lufthansa's latest Boeing 748 from Frankfurt to Delhi/Bombay/Bangalore? TRAITOR! :D

No, i want fly the new 747-8i. I would never set a foot into a 787. You should get your facts straight.Beside that, Lufthansa ordered not one 787. Lufthansa ordered 25 of the A350 but ZERO Boeing 787.

And yes, this is simply a gimmick. Boeing tried that moveable wing feature long ago but failed and no other company never went into this concept. That has a reason.

And to be honest, when i read all the nonsense here, then i don´t see how my argument, that thise moveable wings is a gimmick is a low. Nobody needs moveable wing tips. I´m glad we don´t go this way and put such nonsense on our airplanes. And so far no other manufactuerer does this as well.

Yes, this guy is a very racist poster.

He came here a few months back, spouting racist crap against Indians. After they beat him to a bloody pulp, he is still smarting from that drubbing and tends to avoid offending them.

But he unloads racism onto Asians, Arabs, Turks, and everyone else at the drop of a hat.

No, i want fly the new 747-8i. I would never set a foot into a 787. You should get your facts straight.Beside that, Lufthansa ordered not one 787. Lufthansa ordered 25 of the A350 but ZERO Boeing 787.

Maybe you need to concentrate a lot more on reading and comprehension eh?

And yes, this is simply a gimmick. Boeing tried that moveable wing feature long ago but failed and no other company never went into this concept. That has a reason.

The movable wingtip feature isn't a "gimmick", as you so eloquently put it.

Back
Top Bottom