What's new

Making peace with PKK, Pros and Cons!

Well you surely know better than Turkish High Command then..Before they scheme this military doctrine they should have asked your opinion first..Because what you quoted is not my interpretation but the official doctrine
It's your interpretation of the official doctrine. Right now the army is focused on this issue it's just about that. PKK doesn't even make half-a frontline. Turkish Army entered N. Iraq with about two brigades and you all know the results:
2008 Turkish incursion into northern Iraq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Again, officials must be lying because this 300bn$ is not my figure but from official statements..Whether it is true or not is not my concern
Officials are exaggerating. Most of what we spend to fight PKK is a conventional necessity.
it may be an amnesty but excluding senior members of PKK.
Letting them get away with their heads is very damn much to give.

Does Turkey need article 201?

I think that perhaps the reason why the other countries with Kurdish populations don't have this type of law favoring one ethnicity over another....though I do realize that Turks have a reason to be skeptical of other ethnicities as that was the reason for the downfall of the ottomans.

Does Turkey need article 201?

I think that perhaps the reason why the other countries with Kurdish populations don't have this type of law favoring one ethnicity over another....though I do realize that Turks have a reason to be skeptical of other ethnicities as that was the reason for the downfall of the ottomans.

Turks are guarantee of Islamic world, if it falls, then whole Muslim world follows.

Some people are eager to denationalize Turks, and to see the downfall of Turks. They are either stupid or collaborator.

I'm a pro.A peace with Kurds and giving their legitimte rights to them, can end the violence in whole Turkish, Iraqi and Iranian Kurdistan once and for all.It can lead to further developments in Kurdistan, to become a prosperous region.

First war is better than last peace.The worst kinds of peace deals is still better than war option.
And what legitimate rights may i ask ?

Except MHP, all other major parties in Turkey have a positive point of view about peace making procedure in Turkey. The unity of Turkey is the most important concern attributed with the issue.

The aim of this thread is to discuss whether this peace will endangers unity of Turkey or will give strength to it.

The effects on Turkish economy, Turkish foreign diplomacy maneuverability, Human rights, Development indexes as well as income equality are welcomed.

In contrast, please do not hesitate to discuss all possible disadvantages of such a peace making procedure in the country.

I request everyone please do not enter or answer any racist or historical craps.

As there is no other issue as important as this issue, regards to the future of Turkey, I request Mods please to do not let this thread to change to a troll fest.

Well i have read all the comments until now and i agree and disagree with some.
In my view;
For the beginning this disarming of the PKK is good,there will be much gain economicly and military.
But what will happen later?
Dont we all agree that they will not fully integrate in the society and ALLWAYS will seak independence?
This peace talks thing for me is big B.S,they start with a so called disarming of PKK.
The bigger picture for me is to devide Turkey.
Wether its a plot of US,Israel,Europe or China,Russia i dont know but im convinced its not for the bennefit of Turkey.
Lets hope im wrong and its just in my head.
I do not trust AKP.

Well i have read all the comments until now and i agree and disagree with some.
In my view;
For the beginning this disarming of the PKK is good,there will be much gain economicly and military.
But what will happen later?
Dont we all agree that they will not fully integrate in the society and ALLWAYS will seak independence?
This peace talks thing for me is big B.S,they start with a so called disarming of PKK.
The bigger picture for me is to devide Turkey.
Wether its a plot of US,Israel,Europe or China,Russia i dont know but im convinced its not for the bennefit of Turkey.
Lets hope im wrong and its just in my head.
I do not trust AKP.

Thanks for your mature response. In contrast of some you provided your reasons and this is very welcomed.

Now the question is which one is more harmful to the unity of Turkey?
1- The case there are unfair policies regards to some races and regions
2- The case in which all regions and races treated equally

Senior members of PKK's legal party BDP Ahmet Turk and Gulten Kisanak says our doupts about killing 3 members of PKK intensify on the link of Iran and Syria..

ki lkeyi iaret etti - Hrriyet GNDEM

Edit: meanwhile last night Turkish airforce attack on about tens of undergorund bunkers of PKK by newly domestic made concrete-piercing bombs with F-16s. It is first time Turksih airforce uses this kind of domestic bombs aganist PKK in an actual operation.

Senior members of PKK's legal party BDP Ahmet Turk and Gulten Kisanak says our doupts about killing 3 members of PKK intensify on the link of Iran and Syria..

ki lkeyi iaret etti - Hrriyet GNDEM

Edit: meanwhile last night Turkish airforce attack on about tens of undergorund bunkers of PKK by newly domestic made concrete-piercing bombs with F-16s. It is first time Turksih airforce uses this kind of domestic bombs aganist PKK in an actual operation.

Why are Kurds pointing Iran and Syria? Not Israel or USA?

When something bad happens, some smart @sses appear and blame Iran.

I trust Iran more than USA.

I don't understand why people opposing this. In worst case scenario we will have the option to say "STFU" to those who keep saying "give a chance to peace"

We must get rid of this PKK parasite and focus on making Turkey a country which every Turkish citizen, regardless his ethnicity, can be proud of.

When something bad happens, some smart @sses appear and blame Israel.

Fixed it for you. It is more common to blame everything on Israel among 'some' smart@sses.

http://inciswf.com/hklsn.swf (sound warning)

Why are Kurds pointing Iran and Syria? Not Israel or USA?

When something bad happens, some smart @sses appear and blame Iran.

I trust Iran more than USA.

After Syrian riots erupted PKK joined in Iran-Syria axis againist Turkey. in return Assad handed over PKK many Kurdish towns in order not to seized by other syrian opponent Kurdish parties.
Since then PKK made alliance with Iran and syria.

While PKK and its legal associations raise hell to the slightest police interventions againist pro-PKK protesters in Turkey it stayed silent toward being execution of many young Kurdish activists in Iran.

So supposedly, if PKK and Turkey get reach an agreemnt about disarming then Iran gonna lose its main trump againist turkey. Ahmet Turk overtly meant that.

How many intelligence agency do you know which can assassinate people in middle of Paris?

Think, make your brain work a little.

It is you who should make that brain work once in a while, mate. Iran has the capability to assassinate someone in a foreign country.

Today, who would oppose the disarmament of PKK most?
Who would be against Turkey's development?
Who is using PKK most as a proxy nowadays?

When these questions answered, Iran and Syria emerges as a strong candidate to make such a thing. Still we do not know much yet and i don't think we will. It could be anyone, even France. But you and likes of you does not need a brain to suddenly come up with Israel.

Today, who would oppose the disarmament of PKK most?
Who would be against Turkey's development?
Who is using PKK most as a proxy nowadays?.

1) PKK works for Barzani, who meanwhile works for USA and Israel.
2) Israel, USA, Barzani.
3) Barzani. PKK lives under the umbrella of Barzani.

Back
Top Bottom