What's new

London riots: Violence erupts for third day

^ I suppose but still a £6000 increase is a lot from £3000. However unemployment and a lack of any perceived future are definitely fueling this rioting. Racism and bad relations with the police are also causes.

That's a good point but my austerity comment wasn't? Do you even know austerity means? What do you think is fueling higher university price or unemployment??

That is a myth. The conservatives always believed in higher tuition fees for universities regardless of the nation's economy, and if you go through their rationale, it makes more sense to me that the previous labour govt. Their rationale is: those who go for education is automatically qualified as middle class as they are more likely to get jobs when they graduate. They pay their tuition fees after they are done with education (in instalments)and also given the fact that they earn a certain amount of money. When there is lower tuition fees, what normally happens is, the lower middle class who cannot afford/choose education ends up paying for that middle class, who can take care of themselves.

^ I suppose but still a £6000 increase is a lot from £3000. However unemployment and a lack of any perceived future are definitely fueling this rioting. Racism and bad relations with the police are also causes.

Like a war zone out thier. A mate of mine just called me and has told me its now spread to Birmingham. He also told me the police seem to have disappeared. Definate racism is fuelling it. General lack of employment social anarchy.

That is a myth. The conservatives always believed in higher tuition fees for universities regardless of the nation's economy, and if you go through their rationale, it makes more sense to me that the previous labour govt. Their rationale is: those who go for education is automatically qualified as middle class as they are more likely to get jobs when they graduate. They pay their tuition fees after they are done with education (in instalments)and also given the fact that they earn a certain amount of money. When there is lower tuition fees, what normally happens is, the lower middle class who cannot afford/choose education ends up paying for that middle class, who can take care of themselves.

Tory won the election due to poor economic conditions. This is inevitable. This is story of Europe, not just UK. Be glad you are not Greece. These riots are outrageous. How destroying public property helps.?

They are learning from the one and only great hazrat pir guru Altaf bhai maroof pistol wale baba!

Lolz, come on dude, its Ramzan, we shouldn't talk of others like that at least not during Ramzan.

Its a good thing my brother in law last year invested in starting a security company. He must be minting money now!

I think I will agree with you in parts, but keep in mind that the states also have worst unemployment rate than UK, with many people graduate but unable to find job plus their huge amount of student debt. The European style of government of taking care of citizen from "cradle to grave" has to stop, or we are going to see more and more civil unrest.

Its a good thing my brother in law last year invested in starting a security company. He must be minting money now!

so there is private security companies on land of metropolitan police ?wow

Also university tuition fees have been increased from about £3300 to £9000. Many youngsters obviosuly cant afford this hence the frustration coming out. Also unemployment is ramptant amongst the youth. Its interesting and pleasing to see how no asians (desis) have been involved in any of this rioting. Its mostly low class whites areas and blacks areas.

See the 2005 Birmingham (Lozells) and 2000 Bradford Riots.

Like a war zone out thier. A mate of mine just called me and has told me its now spread to Birmingham. He also told me the police seem to have disappeared. Definate racism is fuelling it. General lack of employment social anarchy.

Could you ask him what area of B'ham?

well I was stunned to see the shops being closed in my local town because of these riots. My area is so far among the safest places in London and no riots has occurred so far but still most of the shop owners closed their shops early today and those off licence or 24 hours shops are also closed today.

Very surprised to see this happening in London

They're scared, naturally; I doubt whether rioting will spread to your area though. I live adjacent to where the '05 riots took place, apart from a few incidents weeks later, nothing much happened.

so there is private security companies on land of metropolitan police ?wow

They're mostly used by store owners (mostly commercial, big names) but councils seem to be outsourcing what the Met. would usually do to private firms due to cut backs.

Yeah apparently they broke into the Bullring as well!
Birmingham Riots 2011

I think I will agree with you in parts, but keep in mind that the states also have worst unemployment rate than UK, with many people graduate but unable to find job plus their huge amount of student debt. The European style of government of taking care of citizen from "cradle to grave" has to stop, or we are going to see more and more civil unrest.

I would say its a different mindset of what to expect from the government. In Europe basically you demand services from the government since you pay a certain amount of tax. In US correct me if im wrong but the government interferes a lot less leaving peoples fates up to themselves. And if they work hard theyl make it to the top.

Back
Top Bottom