What's new

Lenovo Recalling More All-in-One Desktops for Fire Hazard

all the chini IQs posting links... Thats just the thinkpad series laptop, Original IBM design and based on IBM thinkpads, also twice costly for the same config. I doubt the ones posting links here have ever seen the original thinkpads :P

I put ASUS quite ahead in terms of quality of product and service at the same price range at the moment.

ASUS makes much better & reliable product than what Lenovo has been trying to make.. They got a successful and robust product and they messed it up badly.. Don't give the sales crap because it is still selling because of the IBM brand name..

lol. My friend has an Asus fresh from the box.

His computer kept hibernating out of nowhere. He asked me to take look.

At first I assumed it was the battery, so I took the external batt from his laptop out to see.

Still kept hibernating.

Look at power options ect.

Still kept hibernating.

I ended up having to to update his bios.

It was simple, but made me think what kind of bs company is this?

Sending computers with outdated bios. :lol:

thinkpad is more expensive than others, but still outsell. nuff said. lol

"thinkpad" brand is all but dead" em indians! :lol:

Chinese consumers prefer Lenovo. Sorry. If ASUS was better, it'd sell better, but it doesn't, so it isn't. And to top it off, ASUS is far cheaper.

Asus sales are picking up.. Asus is much better then Lenovo in quality, try it to know better and pricing vary from product to product..

It's true. I've noticed my professors all using the professional and sleek black Thinkpad. That's because carrying such a versatile and rugged laptop is very necessary for scientists and engineers. I have one as well.
I can't vouch for a particular set of users that too in the US but my point was that Windows outsells every other desktop OS by atleat 10:1(probable more) so you're claim about Thinkpad Linux/Unix base is baffling especially for laptops. Beyond that as someone pointed out its the Thinkpad(IBM) brand that sells, now before you start bashing me again I'll just say this to clarify that I've had some pretty bad experiences with mainland CN electronic brands that's why I son'y like them anymore than some of the local IND brands.

lol. My friend has an Asus fresh from the box.

His computer kept hibernating out of nowhere. He asked me to take look.

At first I assumed it was the battery, so I took the external batt from his laptop out to see.

Still kept hibernating.

Look at power options ect.

Still kept hibernating.

I ended up having to to update his bios.

It was simple, but made me think what kind of bs company is this?

Sending computers with outdated bios. :lol:
Yet again foolish stuff from n00bs, I've got a jetway mobo at home & the OS keeps crashing even after I updated its BIOS twice ! No firm ships all their products with updated firmware right out of the box, you have to do this stuff manually !

Yet again foolish stuff from n00bs, I've got a jetway mobo at home & the OS keeps crashing even after I updated its BIOS twice ! No firm ships all their products with updated firmware right out of the box, you have to do this stuff manually !

You don't have these problems if you buy an Apple. :)

Was there a recall? If not, then individual problems don't count.. If it is a trend then that's a different story..

and btw, who knows what really happened? Lots of people here are good at story telling..

They were releasing bios updates on their website.

How can you have a product which is not yet stable, and has bugs?

Fix as you use.

If you sincerely want to talk about quality then Asus is not the name you are looking for. :tdown:

All branded desktops are crap including HCL ...assemble your own desktop period :cheers:.

I always follow a simple rule of thumb when buying PCs/Laptops... you get what you pay. If you want quality be prepared to pay more, if you find something cheap, be ready to face any random issues. If you can afford, always spend money on warranty for any laptop you buy, desktops you can skimp.

Good to see Lenovo actually recalling the desktops through a public announcement... mostly the companies do it on a case by case basis. Recalls are rare in PC industry.

They were releasing bios updates on their website.

How can you have a product which is not yet stable, and has bugs?

Fix as you use.

If you sincerely want to talk about quality then Asus is not the name you are looking for. :tdown:
If you're saying that firmware problems aren't acceptable then you've got a long way to go before you know elementary stuff about PC's so just FYI BIOS(updated or not) is not a part of hardware for which quality scores are awarded !

Asus used to have good mother boards, but now their computers are ****.

But your company still uses them. :lol:

in process of replacing with dell laptops...as i said no one likes to use Lenovo if given an option..

i was not..i am using lenovo now... :cry:

thinkpad is more expensive than others, but still outsell. nuff said. lol

outsells which brand? Its just a comparatively small business sector where it is preferred, where cost is not important. But good for atleast business point of view to be able to retain the old customers.

If you're saying that firmware problems aren't acceptable then you've got a long way to go before you know elementary stuff about PC's so just FYI BIOS(updated or not) is not a part of hardware for which quality scores are awarded !

Where did I mention hardware?

Firmware problems are not acceptable as a consumer.

My point is that Asus is not of quality, not anymore at least.

Back
Top Bottom