What's new

Lenovo Recalling More All-in-One Desktops for Fire Hazard

Götterdämmerung;2988871 said:
Sorry, I think you have no idea. There are plenty of articles about Lenovo being the preferred brand in big corporations.

Apple is premium but only in the creative branches like advertisment, music, film industry and media (and of course private consumers with a bigger wallet). Companies like Deutsche Bank, Volkswagen, Thyssen etc. don't use Apple.
There is a marked difference between corporate & consumer lines & incase you didn't notice the former prefer cheap alternatives that's why I mentioned Sony & Apple as premium brands ! Beyond that as I said Lenovo has nothing more to offer than what I've already stated above & I certainly don't need a crash course in my area of expertise !

Götterdämmerung;2988871 said:
Sorry, I think you have no idea. There are plenty of articles about Lenovo being the preferred brand in big corporations.

Apple is premium but only in the creative branches like advertisment, music, film industry and media (and of course private consumers with a bigger wallet). Companies like Deutsche Bank, Volkswagen, Thyssen etc. don't use Apple.

Here is an article about Lenovo's corporate clients
Lenovo Profit Beats Estimates on Sales- Bloomberg

yep all the science and engineering professors carry a black Thinkpad with Linux/Unix.

Their are basically 2 types of lenovo laptops, one based on original thinkpad chasis and design for corporate users, nothing bad about the quality of those except may be battery, my lappie's extra heavy 9k mah battery is dying in just one year. But they are too costly to afford and choose by most general consumer.

The economic lenovo lappies for normal consumer(i. e. the original lenovo not thinkpad) are like any other Chinese products of the same price range in terms of performance and a little cheap quality. But beware of buying economic series unless you get good bargain for configuration, because they look like thin think pad from outside, but made of pure cheap plastic body(In comparison) and no extra features.

Read again if you can't then its not my problem ! Sony & Apple are premium brands nothing comes close, then as I said HP & Dell are well entrenched into the corporate & consumer lines btw there is no "premium corporate" brand & the erstwhile IBM "thinkpad" brand is all but dead, just cause Lenovo runs it doesn't mean its premium ! Lastly Acer/Asus are far more innovative than what Lenovo will be & their consumer line is alot more "premium" than what you're aware of !

indians are clueless as usual :lol:

Lenovo: TBR Ranks ThinkPad No. 1 in Enterprise Customer Satisfaction

Sep 13, 2010 (Close-Up Media via COMTEX) -- Lenovo announced that TBR has ranked Lenovo ThinkPad laptops number one in its Corporate IT Buying Behavior and Customer Satisfaction Study for the second quarter of 2010.

According to a release, the ranking marks the fifth time in a row that medium and large business customers surveyed by TBR have recognized ThinkPad laptops as the leader in overall satisfaction. Lenovo Thinkpad laptops have garnered the top spot in seven of the past ten TBR Customer Satisfaction Study reporting periods.

"Customers are the heart of our business, and at the heart of ThinkPad is a laser-focus on design excellence and continual innovation," said Dilip Bhatia, executive director, ThinkPad Marketing. "Combining our product engineering strengths with delivery and effective phone support helps us build a PC technology solution that exceeds customers' expectations." For the second quarter 2010, customers awarded ThinkPad the highest ratings in the following categories: hardware quality/reliability, phone support, repair time and overall satisfaction. Lenovo set record high scores in the second quarter for hardware quality/reliability as well as delivery and repair time. Additionally, product design and ease of doing business were areas of strength for Lenovo.

TBR surveyed more than 500 IT decision makers at medium and large businesses in North America.

*ttp://callcenterinfo.tmcnet.com/news/2010/09/13/5002473.htm

It looks like Lenovo's recalling even more of their All-in-One Desktops for overheating issues...

The Lenovo All-In-One desktops are elegant, sleek… and apparently fire hazards.

Due to overheating issues, Lenovo is recalling another 15,000 AIO desktops. In addition to the 13,000 that the company recalled last month, the total for recalled AIOs comes to 188,000.

So you started a thread to troll? post reported

Lenovo’s expanded the recall range date to be from May 2010 to March 2012. The recalled ThinkCentres were equipped with a faulty power supply that’s causing the overheating issues. For some, the overheating issue’s been so severe that two Lenovo customers have reported that their AIO’s caught fire.

If you happen to own a ThinkCentre M70z or M90z that fall into that date range, now might be a good idea to alert Lenovo. You can determine whether or not your M70z or M90z is eligible for a power supply replacement via Lenovo’s recall page on their official website, which details the entire screening process.

SOURCE

Let the trolls begin :lol:

indians are clueless as usual :lol:
And here we again trying to ascertain the speed of light :hitwall:
That survey was done wayback in 2010 & 500 CIO/CTO don't represent ~500 million real consumers worldwide, FYI corporate divisions of most firms have a certain level of QC for most of their products & Lenovo(being cheap) coming out on top really doesn't surprise me !

Well whatever its not like you have a valid argument against the topic discussed hence the fits !

Dell,HP Asus,Acer are premium? what planet are you living in? the thinkpad brand is the most preferred by business executives . carrying a dell/hp is an embarrassment. there's a reason why it's the only company in pc business is having a profit jumps yoy, while others are losing money :lol:

Asus used to have good mother boards, but now their computers are ****.

Lenovo makes $hittiest laptops i have ever seen....

The company I work for uses Lenovo laptops and Dell PCs, No one wants to work on Laptop coz of its $hitty performance..

But your company still uses them. :lol:

Kids, instead of attacking all who are complaining learn to accept the facts and act on it.. Good Luck!!

Customers are the heart of our business, and at the heart of ThinkPad is a laser-focus on design excellence and continual innovation," said Dilip Bhatia, executive director, ThinkPad Marketing.

OMG, isn't that an Indian name? Now our Indian friends can claim that it's an Indian who made Lenovo to the top! :D

Talk about overestimating your worth !

It's true. I've noticed my professors all using the professional and sleek black Thinkpad. That's because carrying such a versatile and rugged laptop is very necessary for scientists and engineers. I have one as well.

Götterdämmerung;2988971 said:
OMG, isn't that an Indian name? Now our Indian friends can claim that it's an Indian who made Lenovo to the top! :D

Indians can continue being ****-hurt or completely swing this one around.

Only time will tell.

ASUS makes much better & reliable product than what Lenovo has been trying to make.. They got a successful and robust product and they messed it up badly.. Don't give the sales crap because it is still selling because of the IBM brand name..

ASUS makes much better & reliable product than what Lenovo has been trying to make.. They got a successful and robust product and they messed it up badly.. Don't give the sales crap because it is still selling because of the IBM brand name..

Chinese consumers prefer Lenovo. Sorry. If ASUS was better, it'd sell better, but it doesn't, so it isn't. And to top it off, ASUS is far cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom